It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Calls for International Coalition to defeat ISIS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Putin and Russia contributed to the problem as much as the US did. It's called the green corridor. Instead having extremists in Chechneya he helped funnel them to Turkey and then they went to Syria. Yes, we had a part in this, but so did they. To say otherwise is ignorant.

Not the best source, but here www.thedailybeast.com... There are others and very detailed report of this in Jane's. You have to remember that Putin got into power in 99 after the terrorist attacks in Russia by Muslim's. He exploited the sentiment to get into power the first time.

Also take into account the sanctions. Since being sanctioned Russia has threatened to NUKE at least 5 different countries. Is Putin and Russia playing nice in Syria in an attempt to get past these sanctions that are hurting his nation so badly? I believe so. It makes the most sense, Assad aside.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Putin is protecting the perpetual war in the Middle East that guarantees Russia's continuing natural gas sales to Europe go unchallenged by new pipelines.

Everything else is secondary.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Putin is protecting the perpetual war in the Middle East that guarantees Russia's continuing natural gas sales to Europe go unchallenged by new pipelines.

Everything else is secondary.

Not to mention in the propaganda war and the world's hatred for ISIS this really is a great move on the global chess board.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Putin is a warmonger like the rest of them...

They're treating the Middle East like a testing site...

Let's not pretend he wants to fight ISIS for altruistic reasons.

That much is for sure.

Putin is playing chess at a master level, while the west pretends to know how to play checkers .

He keeps getting exactly what he wants.

All the time.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Or maybe you did and we are now stuck in a loop.

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Be. More. Sarcastic.

So on topic, I say let him take a crack at ISIS if they want to, no skin off our back.

I thought Russia already learned the lessons from the mujahadine( or however it is spelled ) in Afghanistan.

There can't be any half measures against Muslim extremists.

They still thrive in every country we attacked.

They already survived the very brutal mass slaughter from Russia in Afghanistan too.

That is why I believe they can't be beaten unless total war is used.

It sounds harsh, and hateful, but it is the only way to win in a game of total war.

If we are going to do it, it will require total war.

Only then will all sides have enough bloodshed, and destruction to stave off our human mental illness for another generation or two before it comes in again.

After big wars there is usually peace, the bigger the war, and the more death and destruction, the longer the following peace.

We have already forgotten world war 2, and it's extremely harsh lessons.

Not once in recorded history has it been different.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Which bright spark put the thought in Putins head that bombs and bullets will defeat an ideology?

Nevermind, I think I know this music - manufacture perpetual war against the terrorist. Bombs over Baghdad.

The only way to defeat ISIS is to prove to them all that they have been grossly mislead by their dogma - that's the only way.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It’s amazing how even the liberal media is so against Assad and will sell the Syrian people to hell.

There is not any “moderate” Syrian opposition at all in Syria yet these ignorant jack-ass commentators like this article writer wants to NOT support Assad in light of what has happened in Iraq and Libya.

www.thedailybeast.com...

It’s called THE ZIONIST MEDIA!

Putin knows about the Zionist media in America and the West and how they control a dodo bird imp like Obama…

These are some nasty evil sinister people who have sold out the Syrian people to placate some Zionist NATO Plot

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Which bright spark put the thought in Putins head that bombs and bullets will defeat an ideology?

Nevermind, I think I know this music - manufacture perpetual war against the terrorist. Bombs over Baghdad.

The only way to defeat ISIS is to prove to them all that they have been grossly mislead by their dogma - that's the only way.

Bombs and bullets defeated Nazism and Japan.

What do you want to do Kiss ISIS and make peace with them...
What's you're solution?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You don't believe that yourself!

stop lying

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick
I thought Russia already learned the lessons from the mujahadine( or however it is spelled ) in Afghanistan.

Well, maybe their topless-fishing leader has forgotten and wants to take a crack at them again.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Okay the big question is why now and not before?

Is it because they bombed the Russian embassy, or are they just trying to keep their last real ally in Syria in power?

I just find it interesting that Russia is now trying to be the leader when Assad is losing more ground than he has in the past, and Russia wasn't worried then but they are now...seems very coincidental if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
From a freind in the British army hes told me the UK is positioning alot of front line units around syria in allied countrys.

And many of them are hyped up and eager for hunting some ISIS.

Wont say much as lose lips sink ships but if/when they go in (camron our pm trying to get parlimentry approval) it wont be nation building or toppling Assad, they will be there to hunt ISIS down like the vermin they are.

If I was ISIS I would be pissing my jihadi diapers right now as the British are comeing and we are not bringing tea and biscuits

edit on 28-9-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Okay the big question is why now and not before?

Is it because they bombed the Russian embassy, or are they just trying to keep their last real ally in Syria in power?

I just find it interesting that Russia is now trying to be the leader when Assad is losing more ground than he has in the past, and Russia wasn't worried then but they are now...seems very coincidental if you ask me.

Sorry but its the same motives as anyone else.

France and the UK didnt give a flying # about ISIS until they started shooting up city buildings and massacreing tourists.

Russia is no more or less evil than the rest of us.

USA,UK ,France, Russia and china ? We are all basically the same with our own dirty history, alternative motives and amoral actions.

Only country thats innocent in this worlds probably iceland.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The training and arming of the so called Syrian rebels seam like the New leagal disguise for giving illigal weapon support to terrorists.

These so called rebels do the weapon transactions between the US and ISIS. What a good way to explaine how you lost a few million dollars in weapons.

Pentagon goes... hey we need som more founding to keep arming the rebels.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marlborough Red
Turn the whole area into glass.

Only way to be sure.....

I have family and friends in that area...do you mind not lumping them in with terrorists not suggesting you burn them to death?

Thanks

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

But like, why does it matter? Why does it matter what drives them to take action against ISIS? The only one's losing if Assad stays in power would be the US and it's puppets, because they would have had wasted so many time/money to overthrow legally elected president. Do you think Syrian people would give a damn about who leads their country, as long as they are safe? Just check how's Libya doing now that the west has helped them and brought them democracy. Never been better.

If Assad gets removed from power, that's most likely to happen to Syria as well. The country will turn in to a complete chaos. More than now that is.

So, why do you have a problem if Russia is there to assist their ally, as long as they are fighting the common enemy?
edit on 28-9-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Who Caused Europe’s Refugee Mess? Why, We Did!

BY RUSS BAKER

I was among the unfortunately small numbers of journalists warning about the rush to war with Saddam Hussein, and pointing out how virtually the entire US establishment was complicit in this charade, thus justifying a war based on counterfeit claims. Shortly after the hostilities, I wrote about the role of The New York Times in stoking the machine, principally via its star reporter, Judith Miller.
But that colossal gamble was just for starters.

After creating a disaster in Iraq that has continued to the present day and has helped create the monster that became ISIS, the US went right on launching invasions based on fake justifications.

WhoWhatWhy argued at the time that, yes, even a Democratic president could be made to wage an aggressive war for self-serving purposes. And, yes, a Hillary Clinton could be a key cheerleader for that war. That was the “humanitarian” mission against Muammar Qaddafi in Libya. No mention of Goldman Sachs’s feud with Qaddafi or any of a plethora of other reasons this independent-minded figure “had to go.”

Then, not long after, those same Democrats, under pressure from the same coalition of interests — Middle Eastern allies, fossil fuel and financial corporations, the voracious military-industrial complex, and others — targeted Bashar al-Assad in Syria.

The Conservatives and neo-liberals always want war…war when there shouldn’t be a war such as in Iraq, Libya, and Syria and arguably Afghanistan as well.

The liberals when there probably should be a war shrink from it such as against ISIS..

…And the so-called Liberals are all in the pay of Zionist media outlets so they will go after Libya and Syria even though they know better

Their all prostitutes

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Want to share thoughts on this piece of media ?

Personally, I regret they didn't took the opportunity to ask them the same questions about an eventual Russian intervention.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Wow, so 82% or Syrians asked believe the US is behind Islamic State? That surprised me, I didn't expect that to be so high. I can see why they think that, don't know if it's true or not to be honest.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Wow, so 82% or Syrians asked believe the US is behind Islamic State? That surprised me, I didn't expect that to be so high. I can see why they think that, don't know if it's true or not to be honest.

No, 82% believe it is US or foreign backed. This could mean Saudi Arabia, Turkey, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join