It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poles furious after Russia blames them for starting WWII

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Poles furious after Russia blames them for starting WWII

WARSAW, Poland (AP) — The Russian ambassador to Poland has sparked outrage for putting some of the blame for World War II on Poland, creating a new spat amid deepening tensions between the Slavic nations. Russian Ambassador Sergey Andreev on Friday described the Soviet's 1939 invasion of Poland as an act of self-defense, not aggression. The comment prompted Poland's Foreign Ministry to declare Saturday that the ambassador "undermines historical truth" and seems to be trying to justify Stalinist crimes.

Can you believe the gall of this guy? An ambassador to Poland and he makes this kind of inflaming statement. I hope he is recalled and transferred someplace really crappy or pulled from the diplomatic core completely. I bet it was the Vodka talking in this case for sure.

edit on 09pm2015-09-26T15:59:58-05:0003599America/Chicago59930 by machineintelligence because: edited link

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

You have to look in to the history of that period to find that it was, in fact, Poland and the British that pushed Germany to invade in 1939. Germany had taken many steps to be diplomatic, but they Poles were not willing to sit at a table and converse with the Germans.

There's a lot more to history that what we are told.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Apparently there is more to revisionist history than we are being told as well.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I thought Hitler started world war two.

Now Poland did ?

Maybe that ambassador needs to start working at RT.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence

Yeah, a whole bunch of revisionist history.

LOL, so now the Germans and the Russians invaded Poland to defend themselves against that great aggressive military power!

It is laughable.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Woo ..a bit sensitive about a time in history that really needs lots of salt on my western text books .One of the big challenges I have come in contact with is parking the historical propaganda drilled into my mind as a kid going through school . I am thinking that maybe Poland does protest too much ....:>)

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

That HAS to rate in the top ten spins of all time on ATS.

The invasion of Poland was joint! A collusion between Stalin and Hitler to split Poland between them. Not to mention the region has been swapping borders for centuries.

This comment by Russia is to downplay their DIRECT involvement in that invasion.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I expected to see the source article being such a supermarket tabloid or Sorcha Faal. But AP? The story is legit it would seem.
Most curious of these accusations.

Busy at the moment here. S&F, again I'm most curious as to how this story pans out. Thanks OP.
edit on 26-9-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence

It's only revisionist history according to those that are uneducated or ignorant on the topic.

Helmuth Wohlthat made it very clear to the British that Hitler did not want to go to war with them, even after years of military buildup leading to WWII by the British for the sole purpose of war with Germany.

Poland, being very anti-German, and still is today, played a role in all of that.
edit on 26-9-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

There is no source not infiltrated to put out stuff that needs to be salted twice over now a days . That included AP .

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Read history and you will find it to be true. It became even more evident after the British opened their London archives on the topic in the early 90's.

Also, it was a joint invasion because Russia knew what the hell was going on. France, Poland, the British and others were building up to a war with Germany and they knew it.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Poland, being very anti-German, and still is today, played a role in all of that.

Yep they sure did played a role.

Germany INVADED Poland using 'shock, and awe' of the day.

After Germany and Russia became BFFs until Germany unfriended Russia.
edit on 26-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

1939. And still arguing about it.

And people wonder why life sucks so bad for so many people.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It's much more complicated than that, but I suspect you already have your mind made-up and are not interested in what actually happened leading to the conflict.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Truth be told my history studies pre-date the "90s".

Still, my B.S. meter is pinging in the red.

If the British and Co. were :"preparing for war", they wouldn't have gotten the arses handed to them. Last time I checked, well before the revisionist(?) era it was Germany that was the aggressor. That Chamberlain was a hand-wringing appeaser.

That invading Poland would cause the initiation of the proceedings.

Your 'archive' item sounds like pure Bull....

Freaking amazing...LMAO

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

No it isn't that 'complicated' The Nazis thought they were the master race, and thought the world was theirs for the taking.

The 1000 year Reich and all that rubbish.

I can't believe anyone is actually trying to blame Poland or anyone else for WW2.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I remember reading that Germany wanted to settle things diplomatically about the German peoples stranded and being abused after the treaty of Versailles divided Germany up to make Poland.....But America promised to back Poland if they stood up to Germany....This prompted Germany to act....or something along those lines.

But what do I know

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

The whole game was based on the Rothschild's banking system and the peoples and countries mattered nothing . It just so happened that the Bankers backed a winner . They do make profits from war after-all .

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I am wondering what OUR English members have to say?
edit on 26-9-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I guess you have been fully indoctrinated into the history written by the winners then . It is much complicated and much perverted from the truth . Read the official history of 911 or the Vietnam war and then dig for the truth and there is a big difference between the two .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join