It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: babloyi
a reply to: Ove38
At the time of Muhammad's night journey, there was no such thing as what a person today would call a "Mosque". The Ka'aba was under the control of the pagan Meccans (who did their pagan rituals there while Muhammad prayed to God) and Muhammad had not yet migrated to Medina (near where there is the first religious structure he built, also what a person today might call a mosque).

A mosque (masjid in arabic) is just a word for a place of worship. It literally means "Place of prostration", and is used on occasion in the Quran to refer to the places pre-Muhammad people prayed to God when it isn't explicitly mentioned that they were Christians or Jews (such as in reference to the story of the Seven Sleepers). Today, obviously, it refers to a place where muslims go to pray, often with a dome and minaret, with a person calling out the call to prayer, etc., but retroactively applying that superficial definition to a time when Islam was just beginning doesn't really make sense.

If

1. Muhammad's night journey was around the year 621 AD

2. Muhammad had emigrated to Medina in 622 AD

3. All Medina mosques were built in 622 AD

Then that's the place were everything took place, not in Jerusalem. He was never there ! not even in a dream !
edit on 21-9-2015 by Ove38 because: text fix

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're saying. It sounds like some odd attempt at roundabout logic. In 621AD, when the "night journey" is said to have taken place, Muhammad had not migrated to Medina. In 621AD, there were no mosques (as you seem to be defining them) in Medina. Or Jerusalem. Or even technically in Mecca, according to your definition (because, as I said, the Ka'aba was still under the control of the pagan Meccans).

Again, a mosque (masjid) as it is referred to in the Quran, is simply a place for someone to worship God. Which even the Quran acknowledges is something that believers in God have been doing since the beginning of the earth. So superficial and pedantic definitions of what one might consider to count as a "mosque" don't really apply in this case.

Perhaps it would be clearer to you if you explained to me how you would define a mosque. If you would define it as a place where muslims worship, then it would also be helpful if you defined what you think a muslim is.
edit on 21-9-2015 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: babloyi
I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're saying. It sounds like some odd attempt at roundabout logic. In 621AD, when the "night journey" is said to have taken place, Muhammad had not migrated to Medina. In 621AD, there were no mosques (as you seem to be defining them) in Medina. Or Jerusalem. Or even technically in Mecca, according to your definition (because, as I said, the Ka'aba was still under the control of the pagan Meccans).

Again, a mosque (masjid) as it is referred to in the Quran, is simply a place for someone to worship God. Which even the Quran acknowledges is something that believers in God have been doing since the beginning of the earth. So superficial and pedantic definitions of what one might consider to count as a "mosque" don't really apply in this case.

Perhaps it would be clearer to you if you explained to me how you would define a mosque. If you would define it as a place where muslims worship, then it would also be helpful if you defined what you think a muslim is.

No, the Medina mosque was made of stone

"The Quba Mosque in the outlying environs of Medina in Saudi Arabia, is the oldest mosque in the world. Its first stones were positioned by the Islamic prophet Muhammad as soon as he arrived on his emigration from the city of Mecca to Medina" en.wikipedia.org...

Muhammad's night journey was around the year 621 AD, so it might as well be 622 AD. He was most certainly not in Jerusalem in his night journey !

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ove38
No, the Medina mosque was made of stone

I am beginning to suspect something very broken in our communication here. "No, the Medina mosque was made of stone"?
What are you talking about? What relevance does it have? Why are you answering a question I never asked (or answering a question I may have asked with an answer that has nothing to do with the question)?

originally posted by: Ove38
Muhammad's night journey was around the year 621 AD, so it might as well be 622 AD. He was most certainly not in Jerusalem in his night journey !

I don't understand what you are on about. Your logic follows in the same way as: "You were born on Earth, so you might as well have been born on Mars".

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: babloyi

It's obvious the OP has other Motives with this thread . and he is trying to build a conspiracy over something that is so simple to understand.

Thanks for your input.

Kap

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
a reply to: babloyi

It's obvious the OP has other Motives with this thread . and he is trying to build a conspiracy over something that is so simple to understand.

Thanks for your input.

Kap

It's you muslims that claim Muhammad’s night journey around the year 621 AD was to Jerusalem. You claim exclusive rights to Jerusalem because you claim that Muhammad set foot in Jerusalem, he never did !

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Errr...nobody is claiming exclusive rights to Jerusalem based on a night journey almost 1500 years ago.
The people who are claiming a right to Jerusalem are the people who lived there up until recently when they were kicked out.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

It's you muslims that claim Muhammad’s night journey around the year 621 AD was to Jerusalem. You claim exclusive rights to Jerusalem because you claim that Muhammad set foot in Jerusalem, he never did !

Thanks for proving my point .

Next.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join