It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Police Shoot Berlin Islamist After Knife Attack

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Perhaps fundamentalist Islam and fundamentalist Christianity share something not entirely good and not entirely humane... While there are many more cases recorded in the Western press of ppl with Islamic backgrounds to act as lone terrorists, I have been from the start against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, started by Bush Jr. Many fundamentalist Christians - plus some who could be called fundamentalist Jews - who backed those wars. The intentional misleading of the US public and the world about Iraq resulted in a war that is comparable to terrorism, though no doubt many people fighting over there honestly thought they were fighting evil tyrants and defending Western values.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Do you know of many Christians/Sikhs/Hindus who are attempting to kill people in Europe in the name of their proclaimed religion?
I've searched desperately and found nothing. Perhaps you can help me out so we can establish this is not a theme associated with folk of Islamic faith?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kokatsi

Perhaps fundamentalist Islam and fundamentalist Christianity share something not entirely good and not entirely humane... While there are many more cases recorded in the Western press of ppl with Islamic backgrounds to act as lone terrorists, I have been from the start against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, started by Bush Jr. Many fundamentalist Christians - plus some who could be called fundamentalist Jews - who backed those wars. The intentional misleading of the US public and the world about Iraq resulted in a war that is comparable to terrorism, though no doubt many people fighting over there honestly thought they were fighting evil tyrants and defending Western values.
That's cool, now how about show me a source indicating that British Sikh's/Christians/Hindu's are joining terrorist organisations at the same rate as those who identify with the Muslim faith.
I have an open mind so I am willing to digest new information, but right now it appears blatant in the UK that self identified Muslims are joining terrorist organisations in numbers far greater than any other social demographic or religion.

Please correct me if you think my thoughts are off track, maybe I'm unaware of secret Sikh terrorists who wish to kill folk in the UK? Perhaps the media are refusing to report on Christian/Sikh/Hindu terrorists?
Must be a conspiracy?!

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

What relation is there between your question - which you repeat and repeat again - and the original theme of this thread?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

A sign of things to come?

Yep once the guns are gone. The knives are still around.

Once the knives are gone religion will still be around.

Maybe the coming thing to the west is religion control.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Thing is, Nef, those ex-pats you speak of aren't asylum seekers, so if they get convicted they can get turfed out.

My concern is that if there are many Islamists coming in with the refugees/migrants, we're stuck with them for eternity.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Siddharta

What relation is there between your question - which you repeat and repeat again - and the original theme of this thread?

Isn't it rather obvious?
500+ Muslim British nationals have left the country and a a significant proportion of whom joined the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) (as declared by MI5), do you disagree?
And if you do disagree may I ask you to share a link showing even 50 Sikh/Christian/Hindu folk joining organisations which the UK deems to be terrorists?

You can't lol.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

500+ Muslim British nationals attacked one police woman in Berlin. I see. That's really a problem.
Obviously we have a lot of people here who are not talking what they talk about , but about totally different things.

Do you understand when I tell you: This is a lark? Maybe this is a problem of the generatoins.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: neformore

Thing is, Nef, those ex-pats you speak of aren't asylum seekers, so if they get convicted they can get turfed out.

My concern is that if there are many Islamists coming in with the refugees/migrants, we're stuck with them for eternity.

The world saw what just two did.

Those refugees named the Tsarnev brothers.

People should be concerned.
edit on 17-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Siddharta

oh dear, yet another ATS member who struggles with reasoned argument and instead invents arguments to dispute.
Quote my words and argue them as they are stated. Don't invent added value which has not been expressed.
It is childlike to do otherwise.
Rise above such silliness Siddharta

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Siddharta
a reply to: Reallyfolks

I think that ATS lost it's members, who deny ignorance. This little fellow was just suspected as a bomber, because people in the USA are running mad. Imagine how this would reflect on his notes at school if it wouldn't have gone through the media worldwide.

A lot of members here are not caring for ignorance anymore, but celebrating it. Numbers are thrown in, false claims are repeated again and again.

We have big problems over here. Logistical problems, financial problems and human problems. But as you can see in this thread nobody is talking about that. Every now and then somebody jumps in and tells about the end of the world, ISIS (I bet they are glad they are mentioned in every second post) - it's like those doomsday and wwiii threads.

ATS is only lamenting and whining. I hope the politicians will be a little more quickly with new solutions. Indeed quick solutions are needed. And we are far away from that. Maybe ATS is just a mirror of the Realpolitik after all.

People in the US go nuts over a drawing of a gun in public schools, so his case should be expected. Your right they are running mad.

As far as this terrorism is a hot issue. That is linked to Muslims because in all honesty it's where most terrorism comes from. Right or wrong it's understandable. Those who don't like the mass immigration will use these types of things and images to validate their views. Those who think the west owes will use images like the dead 3 year old a few weeks back. It's a battle of ideas and images, both sides doing the same exact thing.

In between are peolople who have some very real concerns and issues. Problem is the choice has been made to allow this and they don't feel like they have a say. They will associate with those who oppose this and they all get labeled hateful and anti whatever. We agree, craziness...it's all around and on both sides. Won't change no matter what the topic is of the day.

In the end one less loser filling the gene pool and that's a good thing.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You're right, nobody has made that point. Because it's Germany. And because he used a knife, not a gun. Which is exactly the point I made: nobody is in here screaming about knife control. And nobody is in here screaming for tighter legislation on knives, or the outright ban on knives. But somehow whenever a gun is involved, we're told that a ban would've kept anything from happening. Perhaps the sarcasm was laid on a little too thick, I guess.

And no other article I've read says anything about her being shot. She was stabbed in the neck and the suspect was shot four times. That's all I've seen anywhere other than the OP.

ETA - I'll also point out that we seem to be discussing everything EXCEPT his knife. I can't remember the last thread about a shooting where members were rounded on for talking about race and mental health and religion and on and on and on instead of talking about the fact that a gun was used.

The irony is thick.
edit on 17-9-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Gun legislation in Germany is considered among the strictest gun control in the world.[1][2] The current law, the German Weapons Act (German: Waffengesetz), dates from 1972, and includes as well as modifies previous gun laws. This statute regulates the handling of knives, firearms and ammunition as well as acquisition, storage, commerce and maintenance of weapons. It also defines certain forbidden items such as nunchakus, switchblades and brass knuckles and bans their possession and distribution.

en.wikipedia.org...

So that leaves religion control.

I feel bad for the officer though.

They got it tough all over.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I only see a lot of couch potatoes who tell us we are doomed because people try to survive.

We are sitting here with the real problems and have to find solutions. Mistakes are made every day. Nobody ever encountered such a situation. Good to have people like you, who tell us what is right and wrong.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
A Muslim is implicated in a knife attack? no it cannot be..... i dont believe it!

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I see the identification of terrorists with Mohammedans is dangerous.
History provides examples.
Can you see the broad picture?
They reflect an earlier state of own history - before the enlightenment.
Plus there are mafia states nominally democratic we supported to get their raw materials - oil mainly.
If we would not have dependence on Arab oil, we could see clearer.
Though I believe the third war is going to be fought over beliefs. Ans that after the war the world will be different. For example, all Abrahamic religions will be looked upon as suspect - like you were Nazi or Soviet in the last war...

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

So you are unable to directly quote me and pull me up on whatever it is you disagree with specifically?
Lame, lol.
I shall ignore your contributions if all you can do is argue invented positions which I have not pinned my flag on.
Quote me directly and argue the specific points, or ignore my comments if you are unable to argue a point without inventing added value lol.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks
Yeap. Still the USAmericans are still lamenting the most here and have little to do with it.
Still they make an elephant of every mosquito.

Still all this does not help any bit in the real world. Just another forum where Muslim haters find their playground.

All the problems still have to be solved on the ground. It is very difficult. And all those comments don't help at all. Obviously we are not a productive brain pool over here.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: smurfy

Either way, there is a higher percentage of British Muslim terrorists than any other religion or social demographic.
500+ fighting for ISIS, never mind the attacks in the UK (Lee Rigby et al), it is a fact whether any of us like it or not.
If you disagree then present a figure of British Christians/Sikh's/Hindu's equal to the 500+ Muslim traitors I've mentioned.
You can't, for obvious reasons.

You miss the point, it's not either way at all, it's one way, Joining IS in Iraq and Syria to fight...who? Germany has a bigger problem on the face of it, with an estimated 700 citizens, including a hundred women, leaving to fight in those countries, with a hundred % + more of sympathisers living in Germany. But still and all, nothing like the numbers of those who can live their short lives peacefully, same as most of us, and certainly not under a terror Sultanship like IS, unless a bunch of dickheads from any source try to turn the country of their choice against them, which is not likely to happen.
That does not mean there will be plenty of shiite stirring in the meantime, or even the long term where they live.
Thing is innocent people will always remember, and what it happening in Iraq and Syria..and elsewhere will not be forgotten.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Hahahaha! You run back to the lame 'hater' attack again because you cannot entertain reasoned argument?! Lol!
How about 'fear' as well because that's usually the other lame argument of folk who are angry when anyone suggests that Islamic folk have a higher percentage of terrorists than say Sikhs or Christians?
You really are entertainment for sure

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join