It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Police Shoot Berlin Islamist After Knife Attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Police in Berlin have shot dead an Islamist who stabbed and seriously injured a policewoman.

Rafik Yousef, who was born in Iraq, had previously been jailed for involvement in a plot to kill Iraq's former prime minister Iyad Allawi in Berlin in 2004.

The policewoman, 44, was also shot in the exchange. Her condition is described as serious but stable.
Officials said Yousef should have been wearing an electronic tag as part of his parole conditions.

The officers had been called to reports of a man threatening passersby in the suburb of Spandau with a knife.

Germany Police Shoot Berlin Islamist After Knife Attack

A sign of things to come?

Apparently, he was a convicted terrorist who was supposed to be tagged and after his was released they were unable to deport him as he was a registered asylum seeker.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason
Well he's registered dead now aint he. Kama's crap sometime. Kama,kama, kama chamelion.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Signs of things to come because a guy that had been there for two decades acted violently?

Yousef had lived in Germany since 1994

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Oh stop being a hater! Stop with the divide and conquer!!
It's just a coincidence that the guy was an Islamist!
He's not a true Muslim!
Non-Muslims try to kill police as well!!

FFS stop trying to tarnish Muslims as anything close to being a social demographic which could have more potential terrorists than any other!!!

[/sarcasm]

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

A sign of things to come?

I think it likely , IS aren't stupid and are bound to take advantage of the current situation to get people into the camp of their enemy.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Must be a sleeper agent that activated too early.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Well, if you're going to deliberately miss the point I was making (after all, I did bold it).. The reason he couldn't be deported was because he was an asylum seeker, so it follows that with Germany wanting to accept up to a million of them this year alone, which begs the question what problems will this pose in the future, especially if IS have managed to get some of their people in.

C'mon man, it wasn't a hard concept to grasp
edit on 17/9/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

So what you're saying is that disinformation is fine when you agree with it? The guy had been in Germany since 1994, that's 21 years.

What does this have to do with refugees now? Nothing?

I can name at least 5 anti-abortion terrorists (all Christians) who murdered Americans in the 90's, including a serial bomber (Eric Rudolph) who all believed they were doing the "right thing" in the eyes of God. I guess we should have been painting all Christians as potential terrorists all along?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

So what you're saying is that disinformation is fine when you agree with it? The guy had been in Germany since 1994, that's 21 years.

What does this have to do with refugees now? Nothing?

Another one being selective with his reading...

It is relevant because he is also an asylum seeker who went on to be a convicted terrorist, who then couldn't be deported as he was an asylum seeker, who then went on to commit another outrage leaving a Police officer critically injured.

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I can name at least 5 anti-abortion terrorists (all Christians) who murdered Americans in the 90's, including a serial bomber (Eric Rudolph) who all believed they were doing the "right thing" in the eyes of God. I guess we should have been painting all Christians as potential terrorists all along?

Were any of those asylum seekers who were later convicted of a terrorist offence and then unable to be deported, only to go on and commit other outrages?

If not, then your point is worth nothing and is just a strawman.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Hahaha!
Lay your Christian killer terrorist cards and I'll raise hundreds more who identify with the Islamic faith.
Hundreds have left the UK alone to go fight for ISIS.
But yeah, okay, it is obviously way off mark to consider the thought that this particular religion seems to have more folk wishing to kill Western folk than others.
Even though obvious facts support such a thought. Keep your blinkers on fella, doesn't trouble me.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Very soon these ones and two card arguments will become a thing of the past, much like the rising of Isis was not taken seriously. Now there aren't any questions- or anyone who says oh it's just a few extremists cutting off heads.now they say well it was the American government who created them. Soon the well it's only a few doing this, will become the west gets what it deserves. Lovely way of thinking
edit on 17-9-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It's possible, but it's more likely to come from a group or individual who are firmly established in the U.K, just like this attack.

According to some guy who was a Jihadist, but realised he was fighting his sexuality all the while, admitted on the Jeremy Vine show, that extreme Islam is encouraged by most Muslim households. But only to the point of extremist views, just a couple of steps away from violent extremism.

If this guy was to believed, it appears that it's too late and inevitable that we will see more violent attacks on individuals or landmarks. He admitted to considering planting a bomb in Canary Wharf and cheering the 9/11 and 7/7 bombings. It was a sign that Jihad had commenced.
edit on 17/9/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/9/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

He wasn't an asylum seeker, he already had his refugee status, do you know when he got it?

However, the German authorities were unable to deport him as he had refugee status and was at risk of being killed in his native Iraq.

At least tell the story correctly, and bold what the facts are.
You are creating the scenario to beg the question.www.logicallyfallacious.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

One person some how shows all of this?

Seems like a pretty big jump.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

The reason he couldn't be deported was because he was an asylum seeker, so it follows that with Germany wanting to accept up to a million of them this year alone, which begs the question what problems will this pose in the future, especially if IS have managed to get some of their people in.

Anytime you're dealing with a million people, there will be those among them who are n'er-do-wells. Take any group of a million Britons right off the street; how many of them have committed serious crimes? How many have the potential of committing serious crimes in the future?

So would it be fair then to assume that if the UK experiences some sort of cataclysm that causes millions of refugees to flee the country, you should be left to drown in the English channel because some among you might be murderers or rapists? Statistically speaking, there's going to be as many as 10 murderers and hundreds of rapists in that group of a million.

How can I arrive at this conclusion you may ask? Consider that the murder rate in the UK as a whole is 1.04 per 100,000 and recent data suggests that there are as many as 100,000 rapes per year in England and Wales which have a combined population of about 56 million or expressed another way, you'd expect there to be about 5,600 rape victims out of 1 million people.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

During WWII the allies didn't have to explain to the Italians that their fight was against Mussolini or explain to the Germans that their fight was against Hitler.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Lay your Christian killer terrorist cards and I'll raise hundreds more who identify with the Islamic faith.

Do it then.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Lol, behave yourself, it is already an established fact that hundreds of UK citizens have traveled to Syria to fight for ISIS.
Just do a search fella, are you really doubting there is a smaller percentage of Christian terrorists here in Europe or the US compared to Islamic Jihadi's? Really?
Hahaha! Honestly that is the funniest thing I've read this year!

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Has everyone forgot we are at #ing war? That this culture breeds those we are at war with? It's completely insane.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Lol, behave yourself, it is already an established fact that hundreds of UK citizens have traveled to Syria to fight for ISIS.

That's fine, but it doesn't support what you said.

What I am saying is that Islamic terrorist attacks aren't really as it seems.
www.thedailybeast.com...
www.fbi.gov...
metro.co.uk...
thinkprogress.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join