It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women's Health System Unready For Planned Parenthood Cuts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

When it comes to women's bodies and issues relating to them "If I have no say, then I no pay"

That's one of the most disgusting things I have ever read.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Read more often then

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

a reply to: introvert

When everybody starts leaving my wallet alone then we won't have any problems

Then you will have to find another country that has a system in place to please you. The constitution allows for taxing the people to provide services for the common good, among other things.

America, baby!

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ratsinacage

well surely the number of abortions PP performs must be exceedingly small as to only comprise 3 percent of their total services rendered.

Since there are some 700 Planned Parenthood clinics around the nations, serving approximately 16 million individuals, I'd think the number is substantial.

I would think in a first world nation such as the USA that it would not be overtly burdensome to go to the closest hospital, which even for small towns is usually not an extreme distance.

That's not what a hospital is. A hospital isn't a doctor's office. A woman can't walk into a hospital and ask to get an abortion. Also, hospitals are not very cost effective. Do you know why they charge $16 for one Tylenol pill?

As for cost why couldnt the feds simply mandate that any abortikn procedure that meets federal guidelines be given at the same cost as before no matter which facility performs it?

That's already in place. Planned Parenthood clinics meet federal guidelines.

edit on 17-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   

Take that up with Alexander Hamilton.

link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

Great thing is we all have opinions, and yours is worth pretty much nothing on this subject. Abortion is a medical treatment and is decided between a women and her doctor, thats about it, you can yell out loud as much as you want but it wont change anything.

I am personally against abortions, i am making sure i wont have one, not that hard really.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Hilarious you would bring up the constitution. Isn't it such a great document when you need it?

America Baby, land of the mob rule, the loudest group get's what they want.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I left my ouija board at home.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Somalia's somewhere over that way. Don't complain to us when you discover what anarchy is really like.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

But if you DID decide to have one, and could't afford it, I and the rest of your fellow americans who didn't have any say in your personal decision will be footing the bill. So I guess it's not really just about you...

Congratulations on your decision to not have an abortion though. Very bold of you in 2015.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
listen, if the feds give taxpayer money to an entity that performs abortions they are are rendering material support to their operations and very existence. The idea that you can separate the funds which keep it operating is the kind of fancy semantical voodoo attorneys and law makers and contract writers engage in and common sense tells the average person its impossible to separate. Youre buying into an artificial philosophical construct that gives you a fire escape.

Harvest Dogs foodstamps analogy nailed it and anyone who knows someone on foodstamps KNOWS thats exactly how the game is played in the REAL world, not in your world of unicorn money and fairy dust.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Well I guess the next solution is to propose an Amendment to the Constitution since taxes and the ability to tax are written into it.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Hilarious you would bring up the constitution. Isn't it such a great document when you need it?

Everything we, or politicians do, should be in line with the constitution. As far as abortion, the SCOTUS upheld that freedom for women many years ago. Don't know why it's even an issue.

Well, I do, but that's beside the point.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

America Baby, land of the mob rule, the loudest group get's what they want.

It's funny you say this because it is mob rule that is trying to ram defunding planned parenthood legislation through Congress despite no evidence corroborating CMP's claims existing.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I do not like abortions. However, speaking as a man I know that I have no right to dictate to a woman about this. This is about women's health. It's not about idiots who blather about how important rights of the child are, right up until that child is born. I've yet to hear a single GOP presidential candidate set out anything meaningful about single mothers and poverty - other than to scream at them for even thinking about having an abortion.

Anyway, back to the point of this thread: yes, the GOP are acting like a bunch of total Neanderthals about defunding PP. This is because they're painting themselves into yet another corner.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

a reply to: dukeofjive696969

But if you DID decide to have one, and could't afford it, I and the rest of your fellow americans who didn't have any say in your personal decision will be footing the bill. So I guess it's not really just about you...

No you wouldn't. I already posted a link to the Hyde Amendment in this thread. I suggest you read it.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Your argument is invalid. Tax payer dollars DO NOT pay for abortion on demand.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

"However, speaking as a man I know that I have no right to dictate to a woman about this."

I feel so sorry for you that you really believe this.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It should`t take an accountant to realize corporations and their slicks accountants can move numbers around to get a desired result. How can you possibly make the argument that if you get government money for one aspect of your business/life, you can seperate it from the other aspects of yourbusiness/life? I gave an example of how you could legally game the system. It may be legal but sure is dishonest.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

There's a food stamp analogy made earlier in the thread, I suggest you read it (You too KrazySh0t)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join