It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women's Health System Unready For Planned Parenthood Cuts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

"However, speaking as a man I know that I have no right to dictate to a woman about this."

I feel so sorry for you that you really believe this.

I feel sorry for you, because you believe that you have rights that you DO NOT have. It must be very frustrating for you!

edit on 17-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

"However, speaking as a man I know that I have no right to dictate to a woman about this."

You support forcing women to do things with their body that you find acceptable, but they do not?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Hey guys i know of a mafia organization 97% of whose operations entail charitable work, throwing birthdays for kids, doing community car washes and bake sales......and a few times a year they rob a bank or knock over an old lady and steal her purse. You think we could get some taxpayer money to fund JUST the services they perform for the public good?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I support responsibility and not making other take the fall for decisions you made.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

Considering that Planned Parenthood gets investigated every few years by idiotic pro-lifers manufacturing abortion scandals and nothing ever comes up, I'd be willing to believe their claims in the matter regardless of shifty accounting techniques.
edit on 17-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ratsinacage
Hey guys i know of a mafia organization 97% of whose operations entail charitable work, throwing birthdays for kids, doing community car washes and bake sales......and a few times a year they rob a bank or knock over an old lady and steal her purse. You think we could get some taxpayer money to fund JUST the services they perform for the public good?

Robbing banks and beating old hags to get their purse is illegal.

Abortion is not and was upheld by the SCOTUS many years ago.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I support responsibility and not making other take the fall for decisions you made.

Getting an abortion, to some, IS being responsible.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

There's a food stamp analogy made earlier in the thread, I suggest you read it

No matter how you twist it, your analogies don't apply. I recall, in one the Center for Medical Progress hit videos, a Planned Parenthood rep explained that their abortions and fetal donation services and offices were in a separate building from main stream PP services and was funded by separate grants and donations.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

That sounds good, but does not really apply in 2015. If this was 1850, maybe, but society and culture has evolved to the point that it's no longer just about yourself.

We're in this # together now.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
once again it looks like everyone involved in the discussion here is firmly on one side of the fence or the other, so if theres no one remotely interested in changing their mind whats the point of argumention?

as to the comment about legality......yes my analogy involved things CURRENTLY considered illegal......just like not that long ago abortion was ILLEGAL and alcohol was ILLEGAL and many many other wonderful things.

May i suggest that if your personal ethics/morality is always contingent upon what the state pronounces is acceptable or what the majority says is ok you are the possessor of a rather weak set of guidelines.

I dont follow....i lead......

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

It wasn't my analogy but I appreciate you trying to give me credit for it as I kind of like it.

I'm glad you recall something but that doesn't make it true.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

One of us, one of us, one of us

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

?????????????????????????
Why would I shout "Hey you! No abortion for you, you don't deserve it!"???? What gives me, or you, or anyone that right?
People have abortions for many, many reasons. It might be that they just can't afford a child. The foetus might not be viable. The pregnancy might be risky for the mother. Hell, the baby might be result of rape or incest. These are all terrible things and the decision can be heartbreaking. My sister has had two abortions. Both were not her fault and both took place after long and anguished thought. Do I condemn her for it? Hell no. Anyone who does will have to go through me first.
We are talking about women's bodies here. Pregnancy is not an easy thing. And anyone who simply condemns abortions on moralistic grounds is, I'm sorry to say, an unrealistic idiot with no connection to the way that the real world works.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Fair enough my friend, I just have a hard time agreeing with you. The time to be responsible was before you got pregnant, not after. In my view your responsibility before getting pregnant was to not get pregnant, but afterwards your responsibility isn't to yourself anymore.

I just can't buy that it's a "loving" act to kill you baby before it's born because it's life will be too hard, you can't afford it, etc

link   

originally posted by: ratsinacage
once again it looks like everyone involved in the discussion here is firmly on one side of the fence or the other, so if theres no one remotely interested in changing their mind whats the point of argumention?

That's how most conversations on this website work. Though it is easy to forget that there are tons of people who read threads yet don't post in them that may be on the fence. Plus, there have been threads that have I participated in that have caused me to change my mind on things. So you never know.

as to the comment about legality......yes my analogy involved things CURRENTLY considered illegal......just like not that long ago abortion was ILLEGAL and alcohol was ILLEGAL and many many other wonderful things.

So? When abortion wasn't legal, there wasn't ANY organization performing them. They were all done under the table. So your analogy is still silly and pointless.

May i suggest that if your personal ethics/morality is always contingent upon what the state pronounces is acceptable or what the majority says is ok you are the possessor of a rather weak set of guidelines.

I dont follow....i lead......

May I suggest that if your personal opinion towards a political issue is fueled primarily by emotions and rhetoric that you step aside and go educate yourself with some facts on how things work before proceeding?
edit on 17-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   
Don't know who's worse. ..the idiots in Congress wanting to defund an organization that does so much more than abortion and is just ACCUSED of se lling fetal tissue yet continue funding and taking money from the big pharma companies who actually DO fetal research or rhe idiots who vote for and support them.

Where do they think their buds get the tissue?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ratsinacage

This isn't about ethic or morality. I happen to think abortion is wrong.

It's about freedom. The SCOTUS said women have that freedom. Do you want others to step on your freedoms? If not, you may want to stop stepping on the freedoms of others.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

You shouldn't shout at people on the streets for sure, we're in agreement there.

There are plenty of reasons people use to justify abortions and why shouldn't they, they've made a big decision, and they have to deal with it. It's so much easier to deal with these things when you convince yourself it wasn't wrong in the first place. Of course rape, incest, mother's going to die, etc are legitimate reasons and none is dismissing that. But thats not what most abortions are and I know that you know that too.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

It's clear that people don't think about the consequences of what they are asking for when they make demands like the one in the OP. It's all about the here and now and not so much the plethora of new problems you will create for doing it. People are notoriously bad at thinking about the long term.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The investigations are for determining illegality. I never accused them of breaking the law. In fact I conceded corporations get around they law with fancy accounting tricks all the time. That does not necessarily make it honest though.
I agree with the posters who have said Planned Parenthood should stick with their other 97% of services. Then they wouldn`t be an issue with Pro-lifers.
Many would not agree with their money going to fund deliberate ending of a fetus. Some Pro-choice philanthropists could use their private funding to help the women they are so worried about. It`s not like government funds abortion anyways, right?
edit on 17/9/2015 by harvestdog because: typos

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join