It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Crises: Putin on IS and Assad Full interview

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Is it true?

Listen to the questioner when he says “it’s happening right now” before our eyes…

Clark backtracks a bit because spilling the beans can be dangerous.

But you see they don’t care about the truth being known to a few because they have the most and many under their spell: the death…dumb…and the blind.

You absolutely correct, it really paints a grim picture on the West. Considering that it is happening now, I can fully understand Russia stance on the issue, and the comments he made, as he also knows what the West is really up to.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

I was going to post that RT article, but I am so happy you have taken care of it..those developments and stories are going to be interesting to say the least..

Thank you!!

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

What are you folks views on this matter and who do you think is really to be blame for the Syrian Crises?

I blame this world, people have been killing and hacking each other here for a long time.

As for getting past these problems I would like to think that there is a coordinated international response that can defend and uphold the rule of law. I would also like to think that the rule of law can be made fair, clear and simple.

Unfortunately I know things are not that simple.
edit on 17-9-2015 by kwakakev because: bla bla

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

more personal attacks instead of refuting what was stated. Go figure...

Russia is going to occupy Syria, regardless if Assad is the leader or someone else is. By placing its forces there they will have the ability to influence if not outright dictate if Assad stays or goes and who would replace him.

You guys should spend more time researching the topic and less time launching personal attacks or sending me threats via U2U's.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

From my understanding Assad is more than happy to leave power if it would fix the fighting. Rather the vacuum it would create during the current instability would just make things worst.

As for who and how transitions of power are made is still a long way off, first we need to get the country to a state where it is even possible to hold some kind of election or ordered process.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Every interview I have seen with Assad on this issue has him stating he is not going to step down. That position I think is now immovable with Russian intervention.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Why should he? the first action should be to free Syria and Iraq from the extremists ISIS, al qaeda and al nusra.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42

Why should he? the first action should be to free Syria and Iraq from the extremists ISIS, al qaeda and al nusra.

Had he stepped down the first time the civil war would have ended and not dragged on for 4 years and claiming over 200k lives.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Quotes:
«For well over a decade now the world has been force-fed American exceptionalism; taught to believe that America knows best what the world needs, how it needs to be organized and more importantly under whose leadership countries should be allowed to function.»
[..]

«The self-appointed political world police, the US has run, dominated and of course dictated the world's media narrative, playing democratic mind games with a gullible public while pursuing violent covert agendas. »
[..]

«With US politicians running the rationale of fear on all platforms available, reason and logic have been labeled under temporary insanity and conspiracy. According to Washington, the world needs direction - the type of righteous direction only America can give since its very constitution stands the perfect expression of all things fiercely democratic and freedom perfect.»
[..]

«We have now entered the uncharted territories of a US-run supra-national police state system, where globalism rhymes with authoritarianism.»
[..]

indeed
«Since 9/11 America has moved in a higher plane of morality, on account of its political, economic and military might.»
article
edit on 17/9/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

and yet the US is the first nation called when something goes south somewhere in the world...

Can you show me examples of other people / nations asking Russia and China for assistance?
If not why?

edit on 17-9-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I highly doubt that this would have been the case, we would have seen a Libya 2.0 if he stepped down.
The west has intervened in Libya, but the fight continues.
To quote another reply from me to you

originally posted by: earthling42

No, you can't blame this on Russia blocking an intervention against Assad, It would be in favor of the extremists and those who fund them, namely the gulf states.
One should really dig into the gulf states and their share in the arab spring because it has all been planned long ago.
The fact that both leaders Gaddafi shiite and Assad shiite had to go because of bloodshed during riots while protesters in the gulf states are simply killed through gun fire, should really ring a bell.
Moreover qaradawi announced a fatwa against Gaddafi saying the muslims should kill him Feb 2011.
I have a feeling that if we really dig deep, the war in Afghanistan and irak were already planned long before 9/11.

Should we actually believe that this has been a civil war in both countries, or should we ponder the possibility that outside forces were creating the destabilisation and made it look like a civil war against their leader.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

It's called? Called from whom? Who are they ? Are they the "old friends" that colonize, occupy, sell weapons and explore oil all over the world?

But tell me, who "called" US to Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen..? Please enlight, and by the way, explain the legal ground US used to invade sovereign countries?

Who gave the US the authority to dictate who is suitable to govern Syria?

US is "rotting" by the inside (fear, racism, civil conflict, lack of moral or ethics, etc) and is imposing their way of living to people that they don't know anything about.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

Russia has stopped any and all UN action on Syria while deploying its own military to Syria now. The west tried using the UN to stop what's going on and has been blocked at every turn.

Trying to blame this solely on the west is not going to work.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
and yet the US is the first nation called when something goes south somewhere in the world...

And by the way, now is time to the US take responsability for the mess it created in ME and start to receive at least 90% of the migrants/refugees entering Europe.

But you know what, it will not happen. US is a bad example for all of us. Now its the time to give freedom to those they supposedly went to rescue from "regimes" and chemical weapons. Send your ships to Europe to pick up Syrians and Iraquis.

Hypocrites!

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Since you seem to know the facts please tell us how many refugees the US takes in from the ME compared to other nations.

Ignorance on your part is no excuse.

UNHCR funding for Syria

The US is not the only country responsible for whats occurring nor is the US the only country who can act.

edit on 17-9-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Yes Russia did so and with good reason, if the reason for an intervention would have been to fight the extremists in Syria, it would have been a different story, but the intervention was against Assad and would have been in favor the extremist groups.
Hence i'm still happy that Russia took a stance and prevented the US from bombing Syria.

But think about it, why is there no action against the gulf states, in those states protesters are simply killed, there is absolute absence of human rights, slavery is still alive in the gulf states, yet nobody does anything while countries like Libya and Syria most recently are attacked.
Also take in consideration the link in my previous reply, what was written in 2005 is what we have seen happening and what is happening currently.

Undoubtedly one must ask himself the question, all those who have fought in Iraq, in Afghanistan, Libya, and Currently maybe in Syria, (while they think they fight for the right cause) what did they really fight for.

As for blaming the west, step out of this generalisation, me and you nor any US or UK citizen can be pointed to as the ones who are to blame for all this.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Well lets see:

Only Germany (not taking in consideration, other European countries:Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Greece, etc...)

Germany has talked about taking more than 800,000 Syrian refugees, thousands of whom have already flooded train and bus stations throughout Europe. Even Venezuela has promised to take 20,000 refugees.

now US:

United States is joining European nations in the effort to resettle Syrian refugees, has told his administration to take in at least 10,000 displaced Syrians over the next year

source

A litle math overthere 10000/800000 * 100% = 1.25% HOW!? Even Venezuela it's getting more than US!

And we all now who bombed the Hell out of thos ME countries...It's wasn't Venezuela or Germany!!

Now about my questions, please Sir, provide answers to support your previous claims..

EDIT, since you Edited your last post to add this:

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Ignorance on your part is no excuse.

I will paraphrase you: «Ignorance on your part is no excuse.» to answer the questions above.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

The Us is not the only county on the planet nor is the US the only country who wants Assad gone. We also aren't the only country who supports action on the ground.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I know, Turkey and the gulf states want him gone.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Again ignorance is no excuse.

Turkey has over 2.1 million Syrian refugees and spends 6billion USD on them.
Germany has the next highest

The US has allocated more money than any other country for this issue in total funds.

The US will accept up to 10k Syrian refugees for permanent placement in the US. Annually the US accepts over 200k from the region for temporary assistance for displaced persons.

That doesn't include the TPS request granted by the US for Syrians.

So again, ignorance on your part is no excuse. Do some research would you please.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join