It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Member Rising Against has passed away.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Awww. A little piece of my heart just broke.
My most sincere condolences to his family first and foremost.
When I was in the deepest part of my hole I spent some time in the chat room and he was a bright kind soul that I'm grateful to have known.
May that precious little one carry his daddy's bright spark of life and intelligence.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Rest in Peace old friend...

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

It's taken me days to even want to read this. I have read our last messages and his last very sweet comment on a thread of mine which brought tears to my eyes then and still does.

RA was always so kind and sweet and a smart kid to talk to. I remember so many things we use to chat about and how he would make me laugh. I enjoyed our debates and how he as able to present himself in such a professional grown up fashion.

It breaks my heart to hear he has passed. I have shed many years since I found out. Our last chat we were comparing and sharing pics of our sons. He told me he was proud of me and what I've accomplished lately, he knew all I've been through. I myself was proud of him as well. I squealed with excitement when he sent me pics of his son. I feel so bad for his family. I hope his son knows always what kind of father he had. I wish I could have been there for him more.

Billy you are truly missed and loved by many! May you rest in peace love.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

This thread is testament to a fallen ATS'ers reputation and standing - among people from all walks of life, from around the globe, cutting through attitude and calming to fact. Regardless.

A great teacher has moved on ... vale RA !

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Billy, so sorry you left us so soon. Through your words, your thoughts and deeds, you reached out to many and touched our hearts, moved our minds and stirred our very souls.

To say that you'll be sadly missed is just so desperately inadequate. We in this ATS family are gutted that you've moved on from this world, but we also know that what we feel are just drops in the ocean compared to what those closest to you are dealing with now.

Deepest and heartfelt condolences to all those who held Billy dear and loved him so. If it's any small comfort for you, we who only knew him through this almost mystical cyber-world are also shedding real tears.

Rest in peace, Billy.

Peace, peace, peace.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I don't even know what to say. It has been a bad year, losing great members.
RA was one of the first people I chatted with here. Such a kind and friendly soul.

My deepest condolences to his family.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Indeed Chiefs we have lost some pearlers in a short twelve month span.

Fort Anthem, Iamschist and Rising Against .

Can you imagine the convo they must be having !!

All sorted for sure !!

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I don't have much time to post at the moment and honestly I feel like if I start typing I won't be able to stop, but I did just wanted to pop in and share something.

One of the main things that struck me as interesting about Billy was that most people actually had no idea of his age. The way he would latch onto a topic and do such thorough research into things... well, I guess people always assumed that he was much older, maybe at the very least a grad student or something. It used to always amuse me when he would say his age in chat, and people would react in such bizarre ways to that. "Yeah right" "Are you kidding me" etc.

The reaction was pretty much the same when he accepted the invitation to become staff. "You're HOW old?"

He joined ATS at age 16 and introduced himself to the community.

His JFK research... damn that was impressive. Here's just one example I found in a quick search William Greer. There are a boatload more. All posted with the same passion for the topic and the same dedication to research.

But I'll leave JFK alone and go back to a thread Billy posted back in 2010: Will we continue to live once we die?

None of us know the answer to that my dear friend. But if there really is that next chapter (as you so eloquently put it) then I hope you're somewhere, reading these posts and seeing how much you are missed and how many people you impacted.

It was an honor for me to have known you.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

Amen.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This has been rather hard for me and I'm still trying to find and articulate the right words and feelings I've been having.

As we live our lives, we have a tendency when it comes to friends and associates to collect, draw close and cherish those that emulate all matter of things that we pursue and enjoy. Billy was one of those shining beacons of lights that regardless oh how he may (or may not) felt on a particular subject, would share his thoughts. He did so unselfishly and made you feel like what you said and felt were important.

If the world is a jigsaw puzzle, then we have just lost one of the intricate pieces, and I dare say the picture is quite incomplete without his being a part of it.

Billy... Whatever new quest your currently on, may you find peace in it. But know that in our hearts here on the Earthly realm we miss the man that we came to know and respect.

Johnny

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
What a loss and I have a lump in my chest that was not there before posting on this thread.
Take care RA.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

RA was a very cool member and he will be missed.

I have nothing more to add, everyone has said plenty,
my condolences to all of his friends and family.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Absolutely devastated.

I don't stalk the halls of ATS anymore but something made me stop by this morning, I just wish it wasn't under these circumstances. It was about this time last year that I, after another long absence, was drawn back to ATS only to find that Billy had also succumbed to a similar indulgence at the same time. I was overjoyed to discover that he had love in his life and a baby on the way - a far cry from the shy, young man I first encountered all those years ago. We had a brief back and forth on his thread and a brief U2U conversation before I left again, happy in the knowledge that Billy was making his way in the world.

To see this now is heartbreaking.

My thoughts obviously go out to his family and friends but I also know that there were people here on ATS who had a much deeper and frequent relationship with Billy than I, my thoughts go out to them also.

On a more positive note; it is great to see so many people have come here to share their experiences of Billy, it is a true testament to the character of the man.

Also, on a selfish note, it is nice to see all of my favourite people are still posting. There are some faces I haven't seen for a long time and it's good to see you (you know who you are).

Take care everyone.

Billy, I'll see you there.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Oh no, just found out about this! I don't know how I could have missed it back in September, I'm here reading every day. He was one of my favs, especially when discussing JFK, although that was not by any means the extent of his expertise. He was an amazing fellow and will be greatly missed.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
I am very sorry to have to let you all know that Rising Against (Billy) passed away today after battling an illness for some years.

RA was known by many of you here on ATS, he considered us his family. Smart, funny and one of the most kind hearted human beings you could meet in a dark dingy English pub for a pint of beer.
He was one of the best JFK conspiracy theorists I have ever come across, and for new members please go to his profile and dig through his threads if you want to see what a true conspiracy master can do

His profile is linked here: www.abovetopsecret.com...&list=threads

He was a great contributor as a member and former staff and his thoughts and interests were recorded here in this special place we call a conspiracy forum, but at times like this we know it is a second home for us.

His legacy will go on through his son and as long as his words here remain, that's a pretty amazing thing right?

Rest now my angel. I will miss you always. The love that comes from true friendship never dies.

***PLEASE click here before continuing***

Randomly thinking of Billy.. Was just browsing the last few messages between us, much love - RIP.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I just saw this now....I had no idea.
He was my buddy in the old chat room and we were distant friends.
I just thought he took an ats hiatus.

I am numb.
He was awesome....I loved that guy and this is a total shocker.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

This is why we should have a Forum of Remembrance where ATS members can remember those we lose and the contribution they made.
The loss of RA was indeed a shock , he lives on in our hearts.

RiP

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Can't believe it.

One of my first thoughts after coming back was wondering how RA was.

That's the effect you had on me.

I'm out tonight, I'll be raising one for you.

Sleep tight brother, see you in the next one.

ALS

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I remember when I started getting in touch with everyone again after a long time stint of being gone, Andrea ( Mblah ) told me of his passing. RA actually signed up here during the time that I did, if not a few months before I think. So we grew on the forums together as did Mblah and Helig, Intrepid, and many others. I came to this place to escape from a life that I hated and I came here to find many kind people that helped me through some dark times. Matter of fact the people of ATS were there for me more than my own blood family. So when someone passes away, it's never just an internet buddy passing away. Its family. I also never knew he was sick. But I hope wherever he is now, hes doing better

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jess_Undefined
RA actually signed up here during the time that I did, if not a few months before I think. Matter of fact the people of ATS were there for me more than my own blood family.

An amazing thing ... life (and death).

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join