It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now the US wants control of space

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Broadsword20068

Originally posted by Nexus
And how do we know US won't take advantage? They could crush countries, take them over and move on to the next one!

No; such a country wouldn't be the United States anymore, it would be a country that USED to be the United States. Americans aren't conquerers. Hollywood may obsess over the "glory" of American military power in the movies, but we do not have tanks rolling through Times Square or soldiers marching through Washington to display "the might of the U.S. military," the way North Korea, China, the Soviet Union, and Nazi Germany did. The reason for this is because the U.S. is supposed to view its military as a force that keeps us safe, and the world safe. We embody the values of freedom. Now true, the gov't has done some crappy stuff that throws those values out the window, but a good deal of the military itself takes those values to heart, and are good people. They truly believe in what they do. If America ever becomes a conquering nation, which I hope it never turns into that, it will no longer be the United States I know of. But I honestly don't think such a thing could ever really happen anyhow, because in order for that to happen, the people themselves of this country would need to be brainwashed and turned into Soviet Union, Cold War types. Otherwise, the people of this nation wouldn't let such a thing happen. But you cannot get those brainwashed types as easily these days. There's too much technology, too much information. You need educated people to run your country, and develop and maintain your technology. A brainwashed society won't happen, thus a conquering United States should not happen either.

The Soviet Union started running into those problems too, because they brainwashed much of their society by not letting them even know of what life outside the Soviet Union was really like. But as technology advanced, and they needed more and more educated people, people started catching on that a lot of what they were saying was balony.

America doesn't want to conquer the world, it just wants to make damn sure no one else does. Now I do kind of disagree with the U.S. putting a whole system into space for domination like that, however, I think the U.S. should experiment with it, so if in 50 years, say, China starts up with something like that, the U.S. will already be way ahead in terms of the technology and can watch over them, so that if say, whatever country that may be doing this in the future is a possible threat, the U.S. can respond.

well put!

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join