It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now the US wants control of space

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The United States is planning to take control of parts of space and develop patrolling military aircraft in orbit as part of a revived Star Wars proposal for an American military empire above the ozone layer.

According to James Roche, the US Air Force Secretary, America's allies would have "no veto power" over projects designed to achieve American military control of space.

The key theme of the ambitious plans is described as "negation" - the denial of the use of space for military intelligence, or other purposes, without American endorsement.

news.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2003/06/08/wspace08.xml&sSheet=/news/2003/06/08/ixnewstop.html

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 04:47 AM
link   
It is amazing how dumb the military machine is.

If you want to call it that. I would rather call it the alien-nazi kingdom. My question is this:

Why????

Why do we need to compete with nations on matters such as these.

Wouldn't it be more reasonable to keep to ourselves???

What do I mean by that???

I mean this:

We have enough troubles here on Earth. Why go out of our way to do something prematurely??? So we can be ahead when the time comes???

When exactly is that time coming???

I wouldn't figure for at least 30 years. Hell that is if the world excels in all fields, be they medical, governmental, social, or militarily. I just don't see why our money is wasted so. Los Angeles can't even affored to pay for the much needed new police officers it wants. Now I know what I will have to tell the terror victims when they are all dying of radiation poisoning. I will have to tell them that the Nazis of America have taken our money and spent it on their space wars.

This is such a bunch of crap. This world doesn't need protection from itself. How dare the US say that they have rights and needs to do what they have planned.

I am sorry to be a pest, but Dragonrider can you try to find us more conclusive evidence on this matter. I ask only because it concerns me so, not because I don't believe it. Trust me I don't put this past our government. If you want to call it that.

I would have to say that this is just more evidence that the so-called Cabal is in place and is ruling this world from the outer regions of Earth, from places like Draco and Sirius B.

Call me a conspiracy theorist all you want.

Whoever wants to call me crazy can do so.

At least I am not as crazy as our military.

[Edited on 9-6-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I think they want control of space to be able to take out enemy spy satellites. It seems a bit too wild if they are thinking about attacking enemy space crafts...What do they have to fear in space? China is about to launch their first manned rocket into space. That's the only real threath, if you can call it one.

They have nothing to fear from the russians, they are working together on space programs, the french can do any military space programs because they are working with many other European countries, and that's it, to my knowlege there are no ashes of evil countries involved in space programs...

It's either the satillites or they want a big head start in space war technologies...

[Edited on 9-6-2003 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 05:27 AM
link   
what space war technologies?
they cant even decide how many f22 will be made and now they want space fighters?? too much star trek..

The Air Force plans to spend about $43 billion on the program over 10 years, which would pay for about 276 aircraft.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 05:36 AM
link   

As a result, the Pentagon believes that the struggle to control space will form the next stage of a global arms race.

interesting

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 05:36 AM
link   
hmm..make that 27.6 planes, hence the miscalculations and disapointments in the B-2 program. THey initially wanted around 100 B-2's, but they didn't know the total cost of one aircraft would be $2 BILLION

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe

What do they have to fear in space?

Good question Zion. May be something from outerspace ?

And you $tranger, you did a good point.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
it's all about the space sex hotel industry, damn you holiday inn, damn you to hell!

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatWall
Thank you, the US army, you can spend such a huge amount of money from the tax of american people to protect the earth, protect the attack from the beings of outspace. I salute to President Bush, to American army, and tp American people. Thank you!!!

lolololol

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatWall
Thank you, the US army, you can spend such a huge amount of money from the tax of american people to protect the earth, protect the attack from the beings of outspace. I salute to President Bush, to American army, and tp American people. Thank you!!!

Actually, you may well be right, and it may not be something to joke about.

It is my understanding that in 1986-87, a manned mission to Mars was attempted, and all men aboard did not survive. The reason I have was only given as that it was "NOT a technological or engineering failure of any kind".

It is also interesting to note that in 1987, immediately after this event, funding to the tune of approximately 90 billion dollars was diverted to the HAARP project.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Control of space makes sense to me... What better way to strike deep into enemy territory than flying well above any radar/AAA/SAM threat?

I don't really think the "Star Wars" project really ever ended. I think it was just pushed underground as a PR tool in order to calm everyone down at the end of the Cold War. Now that people are freaking out about rogue countries, terrorists, etc attacking the US with nukes it is comforting for the public to know the US government is doing something about it. Even in the face of not being able to stop an attack.

[Edited on 11-6-2003 by tacitblue]

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Do the weapons fire inwards or outwards?

(i'm guessing they swing either way *boom boom*)
Its a frightening thought, but its also a little something to get us closer to outer space.

Another step forward in the glorious march to...MORE MONEY!

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hopefully the world powers will take any and all conflicts/wars/scirmishes off planet. That way the civs won't be involved and collateral damage will be negated. Of course it would also mean shareing space tech openly so everyone can take advantage of space travel. And since the US is not inclined to share, I'm sure we won't see anything like that soon. After all why destroy the only home we have, when they can fight among a asteroid belt?

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I don't really think the "Star Wars" project really ever ended. I think it was just pushed underground as a PR tool in order to calm everyone down at the end of the Cold War. Now that people are freaking out about rogue countries, terrorists, etc attacking the US with nukes it is comforting for the public to know the US government is doing something about it. Even in the face of not being able to stop an attack. Posted by Tacitblue

The "Star Wars" project was a PR stunt from the beginning, with the added benefit of conditioning the world to accept orbital warfare.

It was NEVER intended as a means to combat any ground based enemy.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   

It was NEVER intended as a means to combat any ground based enemy.

Sure it was... The "Star Wars" project had three main goals in mind. The first was nuclear warhead/ICBM defense from the former USSR. The second was space warfare (anti spy satelite, etc). The third was first strike capaiblities from space (nuclear warhead release over targets, etc).

While I highly doubt Star Wars could repel any nuclear attack - given how small warheads really are - the concept is not all PR. The PR part came in at the end of the Cold War during the arms reduction talks... To the public it ended... But not really.

Look, for instance, at the Airborne Laser (ABL) defense system that Boeing has been working on... That is a product of what was (or is) know as "Star Wars." Not to mention ground based lasers that the Army has been testing. I read an article not to long ago about how tests were being done with it and orbiting space junk was the target. Apparently the tests were very successful.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well I live in the center for military space operations.
If you don't think space plays a vital role in fighting ground enemies, you are a fool. We don't just track nuclear armed missiles, we track all missiles launched. Think Iraq.

I am very glad that my country has control of space and not the enemy.

Military space operations are alive and well. They have been steadily increasing for quite some time now.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
The United States is planning to take control of parts of space and develop patrolling military aircraft in orbit as part of a revived Star Wars proposal for an American military empire above the ozone layer.

According to James Roche, the US Air Force Secretary, America's allies would have "no veto power" over projects designed to achieve American military control of space.

The key theme of the ambitious plans is described as "negation" - the denial of the use of space for military intelligence, or other purposes, without American endorsement.

news.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2003/06/08/wspace08.xml&sSheet=/news/2003/06/08/ixnewstop.html

Hate to break it to ya but the US already controls Space.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Shall I say that is a worst idea I've ever known. That will annoy the rest of world.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPCZHL
Shall I say that is a worst idea I've ever known. That will annoy the rest of world.

Let's face it the US puts by far the most money into space technologies therefore they should reap the benefits.

<<   2  3 >>

join