It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Spies Say ISIS Intelligence Was Cooked

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

It’s being called a ‘revolt’ by intelligence pros who are paid to give their honest assessment of the ISIS war—but are instead seeing their reports turned into happy talk.
More than 50 intelligence analysts working out of the U.S. military's Central Command have formally complained that their reports on ISIS and al Qaeda’s branch in Syria were being inappropriately altered by senior officials, The Daily Beast has learned.

Daily Beast

Don't know about this site...Daily Beast. I didn't have time to verify this story....someone will no doubt do it for me.

The complaints spurred the Pentagon’s inspector general to open an investigation into the alleged manipulation of intelligence. The fact that so many people complained suggests there are deep-rooted, systemic problems in how the U.S. military command charged with the war against the self-proclaimed Islamic State assesses intelligence.

“The cancer was within the senior level of the intelligence command,” one defense official said.

I'm posting this because, if true, it only reaffirms my long held belief...that you can't trust anyone. Nor the authority, nor science, nor the Presidents. Agendas prevail over the truth. If this didn't sink in some of the thicker skulls here...it's still not too late.

The reports were changed by CENTCOM higher-ups to adhere to the administration’s public line that the U.S. is winning the battle against ISIS and al Nusra, al Qaeda’s branch in Syria, the analysts claim.

This brings to mind the all too famous "Iraq WMD's Intel"...and this is how it's done people. You let these people write their reports...and then you simply change the content and present it to whomever you need to. Presto. Conspiracy without thousands of people being in on it. Just one or two guys in the bottle-neck.

Many described a climate in which analysts felt they could not give a candid assessment of the situation in Iraq and Syria. Some felt it was a product of commanders protecting their career advancement by putting the best spin on the war.

Some reports crafted by the analysts that were too negative in their assessment of the war were sent back the chain of the command or not shared up the chain, several analysts said. Still others, feeling the climate around them, self-censored so their reports affirmed already-held beliefs.

Sorry for the content paste...but while I'm reading it...I can't seem to wipe a smirk of my face.

Enjoy.

p.s.

alternate sources welcome.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Wanted to add this bit...

Two of the officials who spoke to The Daily Beast said that analysts began airing their complaints in October in an effort to address the issue internally and only went to the inspector general when that effort failed.

A quote in reference to the old.."going through proper channels bit"...

You naive suckers.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

I feel their is an element of truth in that .

But The Daily Beast ..though...

Meh I'll roll with it this time.
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

I actually never heard of this site...but visually it doesn't resemble Beforeitsnews...so maybe it's legit.

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I have a letter from an A-10 pilot who says he can orbit for three hours with targets insight and illuminated and not get clearance to engage. The roads are open to ISIS and their convoys and it makes him sick to let them go Scott free. This whole war on ISIS is a smoke scene until they finish there mission to topple Assad. All the other rabid behavior of ISIS is just collateral damage.

I would post the letter/email but the last time I did that some mod warned me we can't post emails... go figure..

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

www.businessinsider.com...

There are other sources, but they're all copying the story from The Daily Beast. I have no doubt this is legit. The U.S. doesn't want to look bad and the Obama administration will do anything to cover their ass. It's been all sunshine and rainbows according to them and any proof to the contrary will not see the light of day.
edit on 10-9-2015 by DAVID64 because: another typo, not enough coffee yet.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I would post the letter/email but the last time I did that some mod warned me we can't post emails... go figure.

and good thing it is....that way..it can always remain a "crazy" conspiracy speculation without substance.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

It's been all sunshine and rainbows according to them and any proof to the contrary will not see the light of day.

Now you're crossing into the conspiracy domain. You are actually saying that the administration would withhold truth from the public ??!??!

I don't believe it !!!!!!

Never happened.

edit:

what I meant is...make Obama come out and admit it...or it didn't happen.

edit on 10-9-2015 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The 2003 Iraq WMD intel was cooked to the say there were NO WMDs. Those now being used by Syria. It was either that or the convoluted path and eventual no-win end-game of thermo-nuke war with Russia. It was 11 RUSSIA trucks watched by US birds in 2003 taking out the RUSSIAN WMDs into Syria. The books were cooked to make US intel appear stupid and wrong to avoid WWIII. The press and Bush haters sucked it up with extra sauce. All useful idiots in the war game with Russia. Thank you press and Bush haters.
edit on 10-9-2015 by tkwasny because: Addition

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: tkwasny

The books were cooked to make US intel appear stupid

I don't know why that is...but I once never thought that the US intel appeared stupid...my first instinctive reaction was..."haha..the Itel guys were duped".

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
DOD can't agree who's the enemy, their position and strength? It smacks of Iraq WMD? At least there was something to shoot at in Iraq. With ISIS, theres just flag waving…
This is how the Pentagon 'cooks' our intelligence. Announce a photo op bombing and give the media time to show up and record it.

The bombs fall on Syria, not some imaginary foe.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
So I see the media cycle has rotated back to spot light on ISIS again with all these ISIS threads lately. Gotta keep the masses in perpetual fear huh?

As for your source, I really don't care how badly the fight against ISIS may or may not be reported as. Statistics are showing that ISIS is a non-threat in Western nations. I'm content to just continue to let regional forces in the Middle East battle them.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

bullseye

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm content to just continue to let regional forces in the Middle East battle them.

so you're content to let these Intel shenanigans go on I take it ? Is their plea irrelevant then ?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

To be honest, yes. The longer they go on, the less I have to hear about ISIS in the news. Normally, I'd say it's a bad thing, but whenever ISIS returns to the news cycle, so does Islamophobia and I'd rather not see that.
edit on 10-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Why should we be surprised? Weren't we also told by this administration that "Al-Qaeda is dead"?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Like we aren't already aware of what's happening... Sick of hearing about ISIS and war.

How about those 50 spies recruit some more of their own and start turning things around?
edit on 10-9-2015 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Are people here seriously bitching about the OP, important as it is, because it mentions ISIS? Grow up people. You may want to block ISIS out of your mind but guess what? That does not stop their atrocities. If you live/lived in Europe, Africa, or the ME right now, you could not ignore as you would be watching the results of ISIS roll in.

Basically American members here are being sissies and complaining about hearing about ISIS. Better to not know about cover ups and to keep lying about ISIS battle advancements because....Islamaphobia!

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
So I see the media cycle has rotated back to spot light on ISIS again with all these ISIS threads lately. Gotta keep the masses in perpetual fear huh?

As for your source, I really don't care how badly the fight against ISIS may or may not be reported as. Statistics are showing that ISIS is a non-threat in Western nations. I'm content to just continue to let regional forces in the Middle East battle them.

Use aspirin to kill cancer and the cancer spreads and kills

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Cloward and Piven for the WORLD,letting Islam in and punishing the colonialists,Obama SAID so in his book,before he inflicted his presidency.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join