It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arson At Planned Parenthood Clinic In Pullman, Washington

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Well, if this arson was indeed carried out by anti PP people, it would be close

"Domestic terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:

Involve acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;

Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping; and

Occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S.
www.fbi.gov...

1 - Apparently no risk to life.
2 - check
3 - check

2 out of 3.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

What were their names? All victims have names. Even John/Jane Does.

55 Million John and Jane Does... Of course the law hasn't assigned names to these victims because that would openly humanize them and we sure as hell cannot have that what with issues of personal convenience on the line and all!

Are there death certificates as well? With said names? I'm guessing no. No birth cert. no death cert. No person. The SCOTUS agrees. If a portion of the population can't accept that, that's their problem AND if this is a protest burning, making it other's problem as well. Childish behavior.

So you think a piece of paper is the essense of life? mmmmmm, thats crazier than some religions.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
ya, I know but if we keep calling it terrorism the gov't might get the feeling we want them to have a war against the terrorists and well, you know....
they seem to be willing to kill 100 innocent bystanders just to get to one suspected terrorist....
no thanks...
people who set fires to buildings are arsonists and we have laws against arson they just need to enforce them.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: brancolinoxx

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

What were their names? All victims have names. Even John/Jane Does.

55 Million John and Jane Does... Of course the law hasn't assigned names to these victims because that would openly humanize them and we sure as hell cannot have that what with issues of personal convenience on the line and all!

Are there death certificates as well? With said names? I'm guessing no. No birth cert. no death cert. No person. The SCOTUS agrees. If a portion of the population can't accept that, that's their problem AND if this is a protest burning, making it other's problem as well. Childish behavior.

So you think a piece of paper is the essense of life? mmmmmm, thats crazier than some religions.

No doubt. I dont make the rules. I'm just pointing them out.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Wrong my friend. You played the attack card to discredit but I agree. We screwed the natives even worse than the Americans. Check it out. Even old time biological warfare.

So not that I copped to my countries foibles, which was easy, can you reach across the aisle?

Uh, that's exactly what I've been doing. America's law in regards to abortion is wrong. My argument stands supported by your post: just because something is currently legal, doesn't mean it is appropriate nor Constitutional.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

America's law in regards to abortion is wrong.

That's your opinion, of course. Mine is, it is wrong to force a woman to carry an unwanted pregnancy. Her body, her choice.

Also, I don't find abortion to be wrong. Undesirable, certainly, but not wrong or sinful and under certain circumstances, it's the clearly humane and ethical thing to do.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Was it an "opinion" that blacks deserved Constitutional Rights before the Congress and SCOTUS redirected the law to grant them LEGAL status under the Constitution? Are you saying the suffrage movement was purely opinion based and, if you are, does the concept of "fair and right" not enter your positional posturing at all?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Kali74

It seems rather likely to me that this was a pro-life nutter(s).

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

Does the building owner carry insurance? Insurance fraud certainly is a valid avenue, no?

Why don't we wait to see what the investigation has to say?

Any building ower (in their right mind) would rather have regular revenue from a tenant then have to deal with the hassle and length of an insurance claim. A small scale owner could easily be put out of business by such an event.

This kind of CRIME effects many people and people of good will reconize all the possible repurcussions of any crime not just the obvious ones.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Kali74

Hopefully, nobody was killed in the fire. Enough people have been killed in there already.

And countless lives saved.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

edit on 9/5/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Hopefully, nobody was killed in the fire. Enough people have been killed in there already.

How so?

This health center doesn’t provide abortion services — but we can help you. Call us for a referral list of health care providers in your area that offer abortion services.
www.plannedparenthood.org...

edit on 9/5/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
What's ironic, while all of you bicker about abortion this and abortion that, the Pullman clinic doesn't perform abortions.

ABORTION REFERRAL IN PULLMAN, WA

This health center doesn’t provide abortion services — but we can help you. Call us for a referral list of health care providers in your area that offer abortion services.

Edit: of course Phage beats me to the punch.
edit on 5-9-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I'll tell you what, When an embryo or a fetus gives an "I've Got a Dream" Speech and leads a march demanding equal rights, I'll sit up and take notice! Hell, I'll make signs and join the march!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

ya know, abortion might be wrong in your little world of sunshine and roses, where kitties and mice sleep snuggled against each other, but in my world, it just might be the best choice among all the bad choices that can be made.
for many women, they have no choice but work, even when they have husbands working pulling in halfway decent money. and they ain't living in mansions, or driving nice brand spanking new trans-ams. her paycheck just might be making the difference as to weather they all get to eat sufficiently or not, or if the asthmatic child has his inhaler when he needs it. and, not every women works in a nice clean environment that is hazard free for a developing baby. some workplaces can be quite dangerous to a fetus. so which is more right to you?? she continues working, allowing the baby to develope with deformities, or does she quit the job and allow the kid to cough and gag for hours on end day after day, or does she just decide that with all the problems they are currently facing, maybe, just maybe a baby isn't what is needed at the present time?
you want to reduce the number of abortions, make it easier to support the danged families!

you say that if you don't want kids, well don't have the sex, but well...
just about every church preaches about how women are to be oh so submissive, in all things.....it's the number one reason I quite going to church, every danged one I went to it didn't take long for that sermon to come up.....and well, even after listening to that sermon so many times, none of them answered my question.....what if the husband isn't acting in the best interest of the family? are they still to be submissive...I kind of think the answer is yes... so, well, while you are telling women one thing the church is telling them something quite different...
it is the men who should be keeping their zipper zipped if they want less abortions! god, once a child enters the picture, a women's earning potential is decreased, just the fact that she is a women decreases it, and far too many men seem to think that marriage means sex on demand.
so, well, if a women is married to a husband that thinks this, which is better, that she just kind of tries to do her best and puts up with it, try to keep the peace in the house, or does she not and well, ends up being a single mom, earning squat and paying most of that to child care while dad slips away with a child support payment of maybe 100 a month? and well she can have her food stamps, her housing, and all that paid by the taxpayer?
it she finds out some point in her pregnancy that she will most likely end up being incapacitated, hospitalized for a long period of time, and has no one to take over her responsibilities as a mother to the kids she has, which is better, for her to carry the child to term and allow her kids to be put in a foster care system that seems to be rather crappy in many ways...or should be abort?

you claim that most abortions is only for "convenience" but I believe there is much more behind the decision in many instances. and it's more of a choice between which bad choice is the best.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

How so?

I was going by the OP commentary in his opening post:

FROM THE OP:

The building has been deemed unsafe so will be closed until all damage has been repaired. Planned Parenthood has stated that they will re-open that clinic. No comments as of yet if they have a suspect but there's several surveillance cameras on the property so hopefully they have someone on camera. This clinic does perform abortions.

So one of you is inaccurate or intentionally misleading.
edit on 5-9-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

well, if they didn't want to get bombed, set on fire, or blasted with bullets, they should have changed their name....

how was someone crazy enough to set it on fire supposed to be sane enough to check and see if they performed abortions or not....
after all isn't that the only service planned parenthood does??

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

ya know, abortion might be wrong in your little world of sunshine and roses, where kitties and mice sleep snuggled against each other, but in my world, it just might be the best choice among all the bad choices that can be made.

And if men were the ones being forced to carry unwanted children, this wouldn't even be an issue. Control Freaks of all genders, pure and simple.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

So one of you is inaccurate or intentionally misleading.

I quoted the website of the clinic. Leave me out of it.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

The OP is incorrect. I doubt he's intentionally misleading.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

The OP is incorrect. I doubt he's intentionally misleading.

And you know the OP was not intentionally misleading, how?
edit on 5-9-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join