It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid Impact on 22 September 2015

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: alsace

My problem with that, aside from its lack of any scientific credibility, is that with over seven billion people living on the planet, it's quite possible that a few have similar dreams.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Sometimes you have to just let the fight go. You can't convince everyone and there is no need to. What will come to pass from things out of our control will come to pass. There is no right or wrong here.

I believe there is something up with the uneasiness and the large quantity of dreams of destruction and agree with you on "dreams of people are largely in synchronization which seems highly unlikely by random occurrence". Don't worry, it wont do any good. Go do something fun this weekend. I'm going to, in spite of the powerful dream I had. It's at the back of my mind all the time but it will either come to pass or fade into almost nothingness. Either way, I'm having some beers and a barbecue on my brand new deck this weekend if all goes well.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
One of the great things is that we don't have to wait long.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I jus want to say, amid all the rude comments asking for proof, that I appreciate your thread! It is in the correct forum, and no facts are needed since it is in the future. Keep on keeping on. We shall see soon.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

It seems to me that the OP is postulating a perception of order in random events. Duke University has a wonderful writeup on such a thing:
www.biac.duke.edu...

At least in a weeks time, another example will be able to be presented of how foolish unfounded predictions can be. I'm just glad that these people aren't all meteorologists.

a reply to: fictitious

The OP opened themselves to ridicule as soon as they injected bad mathematics to found their claims and a demand for science into their post. The lack of science there makes the foundation and basis of the claim subjugated to basic analysis that you'd have in any scientific debate. If the OP were to renounce that they're no longer looking at this from the scientific perspective, but simply from the perspective that they themselves are making a prediction that for some reason can't be founded, then the demand for proof would subside. But as seen on the previous page, they are not interested in doing so, even though they're also not interested in providing evidence as to why there's anything scientific about this matter.
edit on 17.9.2015 by Shugo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I just had some SPAM in my inbox..

"$449+ Puerto Rico: Air + 4 Nts at Beachfront Resort, No Passport Needed!*
Book by: September 20, 2015"

I wonder why they are having difficulty in filling the bookings?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I whole heartedly agree!

Check your messages. Upper right corner of the page is an envelope icon.

Summer, and pretty a much all of hurricane season (which we're still in), is the slow time for tourism to most of the Caribbean. Come November through April, especially December and around Spring Break time, and it'll be really busy.

Less demand for rooms and flights means lowered prices.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Let's have a discussion about this on September 23, 2015.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Cynic

Depending on who you ask, the impact of the asteroid/comet/meteor/out of control alien spaceship is supposed to happen September 22-25.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

I am holding my breath for the dreaded outcome.
See you on the 26th.....

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed the movies on...

A VISIT
NO ESCAPE
SCORCHED TRAIL

and on TV

SKYFALL

...sort of creepy hint!

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

All of those sound absolutely awful...I think I'll wait for the X-Files reboot in January. Maybe I'll win a trip to Caribbean and watch it there too.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

and this...

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cynic
Let's have a discussion about this on September 23, 2015.

In actuality, since such a tsunami would be travelling through deep water at about the speed of sound, well in excess of the rotational speed of the Earth, if it fell on Puerto Rica at 2am on 23rd September, for instance, Hawaii on the 22nd September, it would hit New York on 23rd September, and Australia on 24th September due to crossing Time Zones and the International Date Line.

Furthermore, the earthquakes from plates moved by the impact would run on for a couple of days.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I'm confused, a bit more than before even. So now the tsunami is going to hit Hawaii even? I understand that any decent sized tsunami would affect all the oceans, however I don't think it would be able to have any real effects that far out in the Pacific.
edit on 9/18/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing typo.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

I'm confused, a bit more than before even. So now the tsunami is going to hit Hawaii even? I understand that any decent sized tsunami would affect all the oceans, however I don't think it would be able to have any real effects that far out in the Pacific.

That's what I would think. There's a little speed bump in there before Hawaii called North America.

Bishop

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Are we talking about the same tsunami that can travel up the east coast and then down around the winding curves of the St. Lawrence River to the point it impacts much of inland Canada to Michigan, Indiana, and Illinois?

Remind me again how that happens...

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Well, if it hits, I sincerely hope it does so on the 22nd when I'm still at home. On the 23rd I'll be in the mountains so the wave might not hit me but on the 24th I'll be in Charleston if the wave hasn't done them in. Haven't had a vacation in two years so I'm not canceling my reservations.
Hmmmm, my Beloved just reminded me that we in Charleston when the dude predicted the end of the world two or three years ago---the one who said the world would end at 7PM on whatever date it was... It was exactly that time that we were boarding a sloop for a sail around the harbor and folks in line were chatting about it. Once on the boat we all toasted another missed bullet!

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

An impact at Isla De Mona off Puerto Rica would produce a tsunami which could EASILY overrun Panama. The wave would hit Hawaii 7 hours 25 minutes or so later which for a 2am initial impact would be 0326 in the morning, so yes, I got it wrong for Hawaii, it would be the same day. The height of the Tsunami impacting Hawaii from Isla De Mona for a 4 km asteroid would be 94 feet 2 inches and for a 2.5 km diameter object, 46 feet and 11 inches approximately.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Impact on Townsville, Queensland for an Isla De Mona hit would be 21 hours 29 minutes later. Taking time zones into aco#, a 23rd 2AM hit would arrive at 13:29 on 25th, so I admit again I am wrong, it would not arrive the "next day", but technically the day after that.

For a 4km diameter object that would be a 43 feet 12 inch Tsunami approximately.

For a 2.5km diameter object that would be a 21 feet 11 inch Tsunami approximately.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join