It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots fired at Mass. State Police cruiser

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Mass State Police are responding to Millis, MA after at least two shots were fired into a cruiser which then caught fire. No word on whether it was occupied, where the trooper was, etc.

Troopers are searching for two white males on a maroon Chevy van or truck.

www.necn.com...
edit on 2-9-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Spelled city wrong

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
What the hell? I hope the cop wasn't hurt or killed.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

People must really be off their rocker. Probably all this Tom Brady stuff (only kidding).

I hope these idiots are apprehended and nobody gets hurt in the process. Crazy times out there...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
How does a car catch on fire when shot? That is strange.

I guess the cruiser was just parked with nobody in it? None of the reports are saying anything about anyone being in the cruiser at the time.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

If they were driving a crown vic, the fuel tank is directly underneath the trunk. Those have been notorious for catching fire during rear end collisions.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Too many crazy people everywhere! Is something in the air or water or what? WTH?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

molotov cocktails? i dont think tracer rounds could make cars blow up or catch fire(mythbusters did this i think) so unless people casually walked up and poured accelerant on it i dont see how they could burn the car and that should at least answer the question of if the car was occupied or not,as i dont see a cop sitting around while his/her cruiser is lit on fire

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I think the EPA dumped it in our waterways...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas

molotov cocktails? i dont think tracer rounds could make cars blow up or catch fire(mythbusters did this i think) so unless people casually walked up and poured accelerant on it i dont see how they could burn the car and that should at least answer the question of if the car was occupied or not,as i dont see a cop sitting around while his/her cruiser is lit on fire

Incendiary rounds may have been used as well. With a high caliber, (i'll use a .308) shoot one of those bad boys out of there and those will do some real damage.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Please retire. This is getting out of control and I don't want anything to happen to ya!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

If people think they have a license to kill, they are wrong it must stop on both sides. Strange days

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Like my old '66 Mustang...it even doubles as part of the trunk floor. Genius!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
How does a car catch on fire when shot? That is strange.

I guess the cruiser was just parked with nobody in it? None of the reports are saying anything about anyone being in the cruiser at the time.

The link says the car was shot at, crashed and then caught on fire. The fire probably started in the engine compartment due to damage to the fuel system.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Yep it's been updated, good call out.

They also narrowed it down to a pickup with an extended cab on it.

MSP doesn't muck around. Will be interesting to see how this one unfolds.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Never ending cycle. Communities and people react to cops with stuff like this, causing cops to react, causing more tensions, and a never ending cycle till it really blows up. Then we get a nationalized police force

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

Never ending cycle. Communities and people react to cops with stuff like this, causing cops to react, causing more tensions, and a never ending cycle till it really blows up. Then we get a nationalized police force

Those responsible for actions such as this might have a short lived victory in their eyes. The ongoing targeting of LE will result in hardcore reaction if this continues to ramp up, with brethren LE hunting them down like the curs they are. A nationalized police force as a reality will not be so far-fetched if this anti-cop agenda continues to steamroll...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

Those responsible for actions such as this might have a short lived victory in their eyes. The ongoing targeting of LE will result in hardcore reaction if this continues to ramp up, with brethren LE hunting them down like the curs they are. A nationalized police force as a reality will not be so far-fetched if this anti-cop agenda continues to steamroll...

It won't that's why I'm pretty sure the end result will be a nationalized police force. But I'm more sure that those who welcome it will be sold a false bill of goods and won't like what they kid.

It seems no one was hurt here and that's good. Hopefully we can have a cooling off period for both sides. Won't hold my breath those. Hope they catch them.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Our Staties are notorious for a reason. Killing and shooting at cops is not the answer to the problems within our criminal justice system.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Absolutely. I dealt with a couple of them several years ago and they're no joke, that's for damn sure.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Yeah, they didn't really treat you like a cop right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join