It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots fired at Mass. State Police cruiser

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks
a reply to: Shamrock6

Never ending cycle. Communities and people react to cops with stuff like this, causing cops to react, causing more tensions, and a never ending cycle till it really blows up. Then we get a nationalized police force

I hope it wont come to a nationalized or police state.

but, I'm really wondering if this country is that bad now, or we just don't see reports of events like these from other countries, like brazil, Mexico or Australia.
or is it bad when we are starting to draw comparison to us with Mexico or Brazil or India's police/citizen crime related events...

I don't know how to think about this.
where do we stand compared to the rest of the world? someone enlighten me.
these reports over just one summer drove me to the brink of depression... and they are still coming in.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm with KawRider...
& I'll go one further and say all good cops should retire and then the gang bangers, mafias, and anarchists can all shoot it out with the bad cops.

That'll stop these stories and the lack of solutions every time we ask but how do you separate the good from the bad.

/mini-rant

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I can't enlighten you, but I can say that comparing your injustice system to that of the 2nd & 3rd world is a sure sign there is a big problem.
edit on 2-9-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

The reports are there, if you're looking for them.

"Plata o plomo" is still very much alive in South and Central America.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I'm with KawRider...
& I'll go one further and say all good cops should retire and then the gang bangers, mafias, and anarchists can all shoot it out with the bad cops.

Sadly, this situation was completely predictable. For many years, the PD has been protecting and coddling those "bad apples" on the force and people are SICK of it, so they're rising up.

Good cops ARE retiring and leaving the force. Plus, people who were thinking about joining, are now saying, never mind.

Police Face Shortage of New Recruits Amid Growing Anti-Cop Sentiment

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

People must really be off their rocker. Probably all this Tom Brady stuff (only kidding).

I hope these idiots are apprehended and nobody gets hurt in the process. Crazy times out there...

Oh someones gonna get hurt alright! You don't shoot at "The Staties" and get away with it.
edit on 2-9-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Rifle tracers would cause the fire since they are magnesium.

This is awful. This war on cops thing is getting out of hand.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Critical mass has been coming for a long time.

I don't support extremist on either side and mindlessly killing officers is crazy.

I will say though that the public have been complaining about police and court injustice for decades.

We've also been complaining about income inequality. Every job I've ever had in industrial manufacturing and warehouse the people doing the physical work are always treat like crap while salesman are treat like gods.

That will hit critical mass soon as well. All these issues are related.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
From what I am reading the cruiser must have been occupied at the time of the shooting because the reports say it crashed then the fire started.....still nothing on anyone that was in the cruiser though.

Police are searching for a gunman who allegedly opened fire on a Millis police cruiser this afternoon, causing it to crash and burst into flames, officials say.

State police are joining several local police departments in a search for a man driving a dark-colored -- possibly maroon -- pickup truck that was seen fleeing the scene after the shooting, which occurred at approximately 3 p.m. on Forest Road, police say.

The suspect is described as a white male.

The cruiser was struck by gunfire, then crashed and caught fire, state police say.

A state police helicopter can be seen circling the scene while three news helicopters hovered in the skies above it.

Police officers wearing tactical gear and carrying rifles are currently stationed at the perimeter of an area near Forest Road that is being searched by state and local police.

State police say they are not aware of any injuries at this time.

Source

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I think you're correct. They have since changed it from an MSP cruiser to a local unit.

MSP tweeted that they had no information on any injuries and hasn't updated it since.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Have we figured out how this is black lives matter's fault yet?

Seems to be the theme of anything to do with cops and violence towards them today.

Snarky jab aside, glad to hear no injuries reported as of yet.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I expect that would be a tough spin to make. Though this being ATS somebody may try.

Could be entertaining

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I can't help but start to think that maybe this is more organized than we know of.I am just spitballin' here but when is the last time you have heard or read a report about ANY Federal Officer shooting or killing a perp? I have looked a bit and they either don't happen lately, or they are not reported. Take the DEA,often the guys dealing with the most dangerous criminals, along with the FBI and Border patrol. Sure regular beat cops stumble into dangerous situations but those guys are normally on task with some idea of what they are getting into. Knocking doors off the hinges serving warrants on hardcore criminals,all the time. That should tell us something. They could be pushing toward a come to the rescue Federal force to save us from the bad cops,and the race war. They have been know to stir the pot at recent events, I am surprised by nothing.

There is always the avenue that a group such as the AB could be sending out soldiers to kick start this mess. Maybe to inspire the Black call to action of recent to kick off. 10,000 men wasn't it? How will they react when it is only white guys killing cops. Farrakhan doesn't like being showed up, he will use it to light a fire and convince people it is real,and now, and they should be ashamed that they haven't had the guts to follow through.It will not bode well with black culture and very well become real. That is scary people... Scary...

Let's just hope everyone stays calm and doesn't buy into what they want us to do.They know the pressure cooker is screaming for relief, and the only way it can get it is blowing the top off. We gotta stick together, the Meek shall inherit.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Big update has been released on local CBS.

The suspect fired two or three shots. The officer returned fire, shooting three rounds. The officer then crashed. Officer was not injured but was transported to the hospital as a precaution. He's already been released.

Earlier today threats were called in to both Millis high school and Millis middle school, but officers aren't sure if they're related incidents or not. Police determined the threats were not credible.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Well when the logic of "They promote violence of cops, all violence on cops is the fault of them", they can spin hard.
Not going to deny that people in marches have expressed rather unfortunate views that I sincerely think the core of the movement do not agree with, just don't see the connection unless you had some solid communication from people telling those that committed the acts to do so in the name of the movement.
Kinda off topic so I'll leave it at that.

Again glad to hear no one hurt and hope they catch whoever did this soon.

This all is getting out of hand to fast and don't like what the outcome could be.

Damn driving and shooting?! Sounds like a movie.
Not a trap question, is that something that is taught as a response to getting shot at while you are driving?

Not trying to say it is wrong, just wondering.
edit on ndWed, 02 Sep 2015 19:24:25 -0500America/Chicago920152580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I'm with KawRider...

That'll stop these stories and the lack of solutions every time we ask but how do you separate the good from the bad.

/mini-rant

But a good cop wouldnt retire, because he knows the life of the innocent is at stake

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Both agencies I've been with, yes it's taught. Not so much the shooting and driving, but being able to draw from a sitting position inside the vehicle. You're also taught to get the hell away from whomever is shooting at you, so typically that means slamming it in reverse and shooting as you mash the accelerator. Or forward. Away from the threat, wherever it is. I don't imagine he was driving (under control) and shooting at the same time, at least not Hollywood style.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

Never ending cycle. Communities and people react to cops with stuff like this, causing cops to react, causing more tensions, and a never ending cycle till it really blows up. Then we get a nationalized police force

Sounds a little like Gaza,....have we actually made it out of the dark ages ?.....we may have flashy toys but the thinking is still medieval....

I am still trying to work out what kind of backward thinking gets people to think it is a good idea to attack cops....just ugh

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Schools are closed in Millis tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Gosh they don't teach you guys anything worth while!
Where is the training to lean out the window shooting the tires out followed by a sweet J hook to a stop?!

<< 1    3  4 >>

join