It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Tesla Discover Alien Life?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I'm currently reading The Lost Journals of Nikola Tesla and although I'm still near the start it's a fascinating read. It begins by saying that Tesla patented many of the designs that other Scientists such as Edison created. Shortly after, it talks about how, while researching weather systems, he came across strange electrical/radio activity that (he said) is not from our Sun or any man made objects/natural activity. Here are the quotes as I read them (allegedly by Tesla):

Tesla may have elaborated on the subject in an article called: Talking With the Planets, in Colliers Weekly (March 1901).

"As I was improving my machines for the production of intense electrical actions, I was also perfecting the means for observing feeble efforts. One of the most interesting results, and also one of great practical importance, was the development of certain contrivances for indicating at a distance of many hundred miles an approaching storm, its direction, speed and distance traveled.

"It was in carrying on this work that for the first time I discovered those mysterious effects which have elicited such unusual interest. I had perfected the apparatus referred to so far that from my laboratory in the Colorado mountains 12 The Lost Journals of Nikola Tesla I could feel the pulse of the globe, as it were, noting every electrical change that occurred within a radius of eleven hundred miles. I can never forget the first sensations I experienced when it dawned upon me that I had observed something possibly of incalculable consequences to mankind.

"I felt as though I were present at the birth of a new knowledge or the revelation of a great truth. My first observations positively terrified me, as there was present in them something mysterious, not to say supernatural, and I was alone in my laboratory at night; but at that time the idea of these disturbances being intelligently controlled signals did not yet present itself to me.

"The changes I noted were taking place periodically and with such a clear suggestion of number and order that they were not traceable to any cause known to me. I was familiar, of course, with such electrical disturbances as are produced by the sun, Aurora Borealis, and earth currents, and I was as sure as I could be of any fact that these variations were due to none of these causes.

"The nature of my experiments precluded the possibility of the changes being produced by atmospheric disturbances, as has been rashly asserted by some. It was some time afterward when the thought flashed upon my mind that the disturbances I had observed might be due to an intelligent control. Although I could not decipher their meaning, it was impossible for me to think of them as having been entirely accidental.

"The feeling is constantly growing on me that I had been the first to hear the greeting of one planet to another. A purpose was behind these electrical signals." Decades later on his birthday in 1937, he announced: "I have devoted much of my time during the year past to the perfecting of a new small and compact apparatus by which energy in considerable amounts can now be flashed through interstellar space to any distance without the slightest dispersion." (New York Times, Sunday, 11 July 1937.)

It then goes on to talk about someone who had purchased some of Tesla's journals at an auction and stored them in his basement for 20 years, not realizing what they were or their importance. However, once he did bother to read them he started making inquiries on the internet to see if he could find more relevant documents to match his ones. Apparently, this attracted the attention of the government, who have long been seeking all traces of Tesla's work and locking them away from the public, and some men in black suits appeared at his home. Then his documents were gone, along with all traces of them on his hard drive.

Anyway, without blabbing on too match I just wanted to see if anyone else has any knowledge of this and Tesla's supposed discovery of ET communication. I think it's a fascinating read, even if it is bullshiiit, mainly because Tesla was a genius and if he detected something that he thinks wasn't normal then it must mean something.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sharted

I just wanted to see if anyone else has any knowledge of this and Tesla's supposed discovery of ET communication.

"Brethren! We have a message from another world, unknown and remote. It reads: one… two… three…" Christmas 1900 Nikola Tesla
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Hmm thanks. I did do a search but didn't see that one. Anyway that link doesn't mention the lost journals book I'm reading so I encourage people to check it out because it's brilliant.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sharted
I'm currently reading The Lost Journals of Nikola Tesla and although I'm still near the start it's a fascinating read. It begins by saying that Tesla patented many of the designs that other Scientists such as Edison created. Shortly after, it talks about how, while researching weather systems, he came across strange electrical/radio activity that (he said) is not from our Sun or any man made objects/natural activity. Here are the quotes as I read them (allegedly by Tesla):

Tesla may have elaborated on the subject in an article called: Talking With the Planets, in Colliers Weekly (March 1901).

"As I was improving my machines for the production of intense electrical actions, I was also perfecting the means for observing feeble efforts. One of the most interesting results, and also one of great practical importance, was the development of certain contrivances for indicating at a distance of many hundred miles an approaching storm, its direction, speed and distance traveled.

"It was in carrying on this work that for the first time I discovered those mysterious effects which have elicited such unusual interest. I had perfected the apparatus referred to so far that from my laboratory in the Colorado mountains 12 The Lost Journals of Nikola Tesla I could feel the pulse of the globe, as it were, noting every electrical change that occurred within a radius of eleven hundred miles. I can never forget the first sensations I experienced when it dawned upon me that I had observed something possibly of incalculable consequences to mankind.

"I felt as though I were present at the birth of a new knowledge or the revelation of a great truth. My first observations positively terrified me, as there was present in them something mysterious, not to say supernatural, and I was alone in my laboratory at night; but at that time the idea of these disturbances being intelligently controlled signals did not yet present itself to me.

"The changes I noted were taking place periodically and with such a clear suggestion of number and order that they were not traceable to any cause known to me. I was familiar, of course, with such electrical disturbances as are produced by the sun, Aurora Borealis, and earth currents, and I was as sure as I could be of any fact that these variations were due to none of these causes.

"The nature of my experiments precluded the possibility of the changes being produced by atmospheric disturbances, as has been rashly asserted by some. It was some time afterward when the thought flashed upon my mind that the disturbances I had observed might be due to an intelligent control. Although I could not decipher their meaning, it was impossible for me to think of them as having been entirely accidental.

"The feeling is constantly growing on me that I had been the first to hear the greeting of one planet to another. A purpose was behind these electrical signals." Decades later on his birthday in 1937, he announced: "I have devoted much of my time during the year past to the perfecting of a new small and compact apparatus by which energy in considerable amounts can now be flashed through interstellar space to any distance without the slightest dispersion." (New York Times, Sunday, 11 July 1937.)

It then goes on to talk about someone who had purchased some of Tesla's journals at an auction and stored them in his basement for 20 years, not realizing what they were or their importance. However, once he did bother to read them he started making inquiries on the internet to see if he could find more relevant documents to match his ones. Apparently, this attracted the attention of the government, who have long been seeking all traces of Tesla's work and locking them away from the public, and some men in black suits appeared at his home. Then his documents were gone, along with all traces of them on his hard drive.

Anyway, without blabbing on too match I just wanted to see if anyone else has any knowledge of this and Tesla's supposed discovery of ET communication. I think it's a fascinating read, even if it is bullshiiit, mainly because Tesla was a genius and if he detected something that he thinks wasn't normal then it must mean something.

Tesla may have believed it was extraterrestrial, but the RF interference he was seeing was thermal noise. It wasn't until many (100?) years later that amplifiers and directional receiving aerials improved to the point of actually being sensitive enough to measure non-terrestrial sources.

Tesla was a man of his time and a capable engineer but he was part of a cadre of exceptional people. Edison was a brilliant inventor and engineer. Westinghouse was brilliant in more than finance and invented the first solid state diode (before he met Tesla). Tesla did not 'discover' anything that was not fully explained in the equations of James Clark Maxwell , who preceded them all.

... but Maxwell, Crookes, Faraday and other true pioneers of Electronics were not Americans.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

I think the mysterious energy being discussed is based on the his wireless transmission of electricity. He did experiments in Colorado and his result was the earth could be used to safely transmit energy. One of his experiments, if I remember right, had him placing lightbulbs into the ground several miles from his lab - The lightbulbs lit up.

There was also the possibility it revolved around atmospheric energy. He theorized that a specialized object could manipulate an energy field in the atmosphere. The device created a "current" for lack of a better word that could be essentially whipped around the earth, with each circuit creating a larger energy output.

The mysterious signals could be referring to the Black Night satellite. Supposedly the satellite was first detected by
tesla in the late 1800's. The signals being generated could not be attributed to a naturally occurring object. The satellite supposedly orbits the Earth in a polar orbit, something that was not possible at the time by any nation. The theory is its 13k years old and is an alien probe.

Black Night Satellite

I am sure I fumbled with some of the info above. Its been a while since I looked it up. If this is not what you are referring to then my bad.

edit on 2-9-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I like Tesla. But one has to keep in mind: he was also talking to pigeons. I'd guess a tiny morphium, or opium problem. Still a genius.
And still very interesting stuff, because maybe it was him who inventeded the alien lore into our public pool of thoughtsmash, the first sightings and Jungs observations happened after Tesla....

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

If Tesla has discovered extraterrestrial life, you can bet either Thomas Edison or George Westinghouse would have essentially stolen the discovery from Nikola and claimed pedigree over it, themselves. Since neither man ever claimed discovery of aliens (to my knowledge), I can only assume that no, Tesla did not discover evidence of alien life.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
You guys are like the North Koreans with heir Dear Leader.

And who created sunshine? "The Dear Leader/Tesla!"
A clouds? "The Dear Leader/Tesla?"
And the stars shining in the heavens? "...The Dear Leader/Tesla?"

Very good!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I think the mysterious energy being discussed is based on the his wireless transmission of electricity. He did experiments in Colorado and his result was the earth could be used to safely transmit energy. One of his experiments, if I remember right, had him placing lightbulbs into the ground several miles from his lab - The lightbulbs lit up.

There was also the possibility it revolved around atmospheric energy. He theorized that a specialized object could manipulate an energy field in the atmosphere. The device created a "current" for lack of a better word that could be essentially whipped around the earth, with each circuit creating a larger energy output.

The mysterious signals could be referring to the Black Night satellite. Supposedly the satellite was first detected by
tesla in the late 1800's. The signals being generated could not be attributed to a naturally occurring object. The satellite supposedly orbits the Earth in a polar orbit, something that was not possible at the time by any nation. The theory is its 13k years old and is an alien probe.

Black Night Satellite

I am sure I fumbled with some of the info above. Its been a while since I looked it up. If this is not what you are referring to then my bad.

The black knight sat has been explained thousands of times. if you are unwilling to accept this very simple, very believable explanation, then you are living in fantasy land and i cant take anything you say seriously.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The "black knight" dates from a novel "The Secret of the Marauder Satellite" by Ted White.

You won't find a reference to it that dates before the novel. Which describes it. Totally.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

The mysterious signals could be referring to the Black Night satellite. Supposedly the satellite was first detected by tesla in the late 1800's. The signals being generated could not be attributed to a naturally occurring object. The satellite supposedly orbits the Earth in a polar orbit, something that was not possible at the time by any nation. The theory is its 13k years old and is an alien probe.

An interesting idea you have there. Although there are other, completely natural sources for the seemingly intelligent signals Tesla picked up...Pulsars.

These whirling, spinning star remnants are still the fastest spinning 'stars' we've found yet, one of the fastest we've discovered is somewhere around 700 revolutions per second. All that motion generates intense radio bursts, at very regular intervals. These have been mistaken for sources of intelligent radio signals before now, so a Pulsar or similar natural phenomena which generates seemingly intelligent, but in reality completely natural radio bursts could be what Tesla was tapping into by chance.

Not knowing about Pulsars back then, would indeed make the signals a Pulsar generated seem as though they were repeating, intelligent and directed radio communications...but today we know they are not...or at least current expert theory says they're not intelligent, but natural.

Still, an interesting idea you had about the Black Knight Satellite though, even if it's own very existence is questionable in itself.

It's a strange Cosmos out there, and we today are still in ignorance of the huge majority of what that Cosmos even actually is...so really most anything is possible, however fantastic it may seem to us today.

edit on 2-9-2015 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
An interesting idea you have there. Although there are other, completely natural sources for the seemingly intelligent signals Tesla picked up...Pulsars.

Except this is before tubes. Fat chance.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Except this is before tubes. Fat chance.

You saw the quotes...Tesla was working on several designs of apparent transceivers, he claimed could carry a signal and presumably receive it too...and as many suspect, much of what Tesla had locked up in his head and what he'd transcribed to notation went when he did...fat chance or not, we simply don't know what that guy may or may not have started to develop, intentionally or as a result of experiments in other unrelated areas of study...many discoveries and innovations are a result of chance or happen stance, or plain old fortunate mistakes. This applies just as much to Tesla as anyone else...one such happen stance may have been in the communications field.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

...we simply don't know what that guy may or may not have started to develop

Except he patented anything that crossed his mind.

He did not have a sensitive receiver. No superregen, no superheterodyne. Nada.

Essentially crystal radios. Direct detection at best. So, no pulsar reception. You wouldn't come close for several decades.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

The "black knight" dates from a novel "The Secret of the Marauder Satellite" by Ted White.

You won't find a reference to it that dates before the novel. Which describes it. Totally.

Not quite totally described..playing Devils advocate...

The people may simply have used the popular references contained in that book and adopted the name of Black Satellite from the book to ascribe a label to what was detected (IF it actually was detected that is)...same as 'Flying Saucers' became a popular description for most weird goings on seen above us, regardless if the things being seen were saucer shaped or not, we called them 'flying saucers' because that was the popular reference of the time...IF that's the case, and the name was taken from the book, of course we'd not see references to 'the black knight earlier than the book itself.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I like Tesla. But one has to keep in mind: he was also talking to pigeons. I'd guess a tiny morphium, or opium problem. Still a genius.
And still very interesting stuff, because maybe it was him who inventeded the alien lore into our public pool of thoughtsmash, the first sightings and Jungs observations happened after Tesla....

It's possible but native Americans with star people, various cultures thinking their gods/ancenstors came from Sirius or various other systems. Stories of this kind have been going on long before it was packaged into aliens, ufos,etc. So not sure he invented the lore. These stories have been passed around well before tesla, America as we know it, etc.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

The people may simply have used the popular references contained in that book and adopted the name of Black Satellite from the book to ascribe a label to what was detected (IF it actually was detected that is)...

Except, again, Tesla had no amplifiers. No high frequency receiver. He would not have been able to receive anything in the frequency range you'd need to make it through the ionosphere.

He also never, ever, said he received something from "the black knight". Total rubbish.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

...we simply don't know what that guy may or may not have started to develop

Except he patented anything that crossed his mind.

He did not have a sensitive receiver. No superregen, no superheterodyne. Nada.

Essentially crystal radios. Direct detection at best. So, no pulsar reception. You wouldn't come close for several decades.

Pulsars, or specifically their intense emissions can have an effect on the Earth's Ionosphere...since Tesla was at an elevated location carrying out his wireless electricity transmission technologies when he first encountered 'the very faint messages from another world', it is possible he was picking up the signals in an unconventional way.

He could conceivably have been picking up the signal by means of detecting faint breaks in his wireless transmission technology...like very faint, easy to miss and dismiss disturbances to the background static 'white noise'...while to receive clear actual communication would have required dedicated equipment...it's also likely that his experiments with radio energy transmission also, as a happy mistake, picked up detectable and repeating breaks in the white noise which he interpreted as an intelligent signal, since it was regular, of fixed origin and repeating..all the criteria we still use today to attempt to identify a potentially intelligent signal from space.

I suppose we'd have the answer to all of this mild mystery, if the Government had not rushed his home and removed everything pertaining to his research and work at almost the moment his heart had stopped beating! Governments don't send agents to clear out everyone's home when they die, so it's a very safe bet it was known or at least feared there were radical, as yet UN-patented (government 'patent prerogative') information and innovations they did not want becoming generally known about publicly.

It's a shame..but all it really means is we are reduced to speculating about what fantastic things Tesla was working on or may have secretly produced, but if that information had actually gotten out?

Perhaps none of us would be sitting here talking about it if that had happened...the Nazi's, or some other unsavoury group may have used his work against us..and beaten us using his research. Who knows.

edit on 2-9-2015 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

The people may simply have used the popular references contained in that book and adopted the name of Black Satellite from the book to ascribe a label to what was detected (IF it actually was detected that is)...

Except, again, Tesla had no amplifiers. No high frequency receiver. He would not have been able to receive anything in the frequency range you'd need to make it through the ionosphere.

He also never, ever, said he received something from "the black knight". Total rubbish.

Yeah, im not sure how the people in this thread think he was receiving and hearign PULSAR waves without amplification.

Its as if common sense leaves the window when it comes to the Dear Leader...i mean Tesla.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Pulsars, or specifically their intense emissions can have an effect on the Earth's Ionosphere...

No, they don't.

If you have a magnetar having a starquake and emitting a #heap of gammas that enhance the ionosphere, WE can detect that using an ionosonde. But Tesla didn't believe that an ionosphere existed, nor did he have that instrument.

Tesla lived in a time when you had NO amplification available to you. No means of receiving a radio signal above MF. None. At all.

Below HF, nothing makes it through the ionosphere. This is why you can't study low frequency radio emissions from space at ground level. The ionosphere is a really good reflector. Which is why you have skywave reception.

Tesla had no receiver past what we'd call a crystal radio. That's it.
edit on 2-9-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join