It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Tesla Discover Alien Life?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

What?

What are you on about?

Dear leader...? Whatever floats your boat matey.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

What?

What are you on about?

Dear leader...? Whatever floats your boat matey.

My point mate..is that you guys revere Tesla to the point that you make up things that he never did. You have elevated this man to a ridiculous level. Just like the N.Koreans and their Dear Leader.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

But he did have wireless electricity transmission...decades before it was even considered possible.

I'm saying he was basically developing radar in all but name...his description of which is accurate...he says 'he has built devices that can detect approaching aircraft hundreds of miles away..all without the powerful amplifiers you mention...curiously this is one of the first instruments to detect a Pulsar, a military radar based in Alaska is thought to have detected the emissions from the first Pulsar 'officially detected' decades later...coincidentally enough.

While conventional radio transmission and reception relies on equipment you say wasn't around in Tesla's time, officially around at least, is accurate..Tesla's work was intimately associated with the Ionosphere. His focus was using it and the Globe in tandem to transmit energy.

Remember, Tesla himself claimed these signals were extremely weak and difficult to detect..Tesla may not have been directly receiving the signals, but detecting a secondary effect, a hiss, pop or whistle in the background..a barely noticeable drop in his transmission strength..or intermittent energy fluctuations in his equipment could have been what he was measuring.

If not bona fide 'radio signals' from a Pulsar themselves, but some secondary effect of them hurtling into the Ionosphere at the speed of light instead.

One thing we do know about Tesla, is that we know hardly anything about his work...again, governments don't franticly gut a man's apartment as soon as he dies without good reason. It's safe to assume much of Tesla's work was never revealed to the public for national security reasons, patents notwithstanding.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

From my posts postulating on whether or not Tesla was detecting a Pulsar and mistaking the signals, regardless of how he was actually able to receive them in the day, somehow translates into 'reverence' of Tesla in your mind?

Like i said matey, whatever floats your boat.
edit on 2-9-2015 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

But he did have wireless electricity transmission...decades before it was even considered possible.

Using insanely crude equipment - a coil, a capacitor, and a spark gap. It is a long way from a very sensitive HF receiver, which he didn't have and couldn't have built.

I'm saying he was basically developing radar in all but name...his description of which is accurate...he says 'he has built devices that can detect approaching aircraft hundreds of miles away..all without the powerful amplifiers you mention...curiously this is one of the first instruments to detect a Pulsar, a military radar based in Alaska is thought to have detected the emissions from the first Pulsar 'officially detected' decades later...coincidentally enough.

You don't use radar to detect pulsars. Also, he said a lot of things. What he proved and what he said were always very different. And I'm not talking "powerful amplifiers". I'm talking any sort of front-end or IF amplifier whatsoever. There were none. You had a detector and a headset. The end. A modern radio receiver is much much different. You could not have detected signals from space with the equipment he had, since he had nothing that could receive HF. Before the 30s, you would not have been able to receive such signals.

And, actually, no, a military radar in Alaska wasn't the site of detection of the first pulsar. It was a phased array radio telescope in Cambridgeshire, by the Brits. In 1967.

While conventional radio transmission and reception relies on equipment you say wasn't around in Tesla's time, officially around at least, is accurate..Tesla's work was intimately associated with the Ionosphere. His focus was using it and the Globe in tandem to transmit energy.

Tesla denied that the ionosphere existed. But still, the ionosphere is a near-total reflector to space signals in the bands that Tesla could have received. It doesn't matter what Tesla did, or thought, or dreamed, or whathaveyou, he was not going to receive a pulsar with a crystal radio. The end, period.
edit on 2-9-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Using insanely crude equipment - a coil, a capacitor, and a spark gap. It is a long way from a very sensitive HF receiver, which he didn't have and couldn't have built.

You're a radio head...i get it. You're still ignoring the possibility that Tesla was picking these signals up by accident, a happy coincidence of his equipment used to experiment with wireless RF energy transmission, or his early forays into what was essentially a prototype radar system for the remote detection of aircraft etc. IF this was the case, that Tesla was detecting a stated repeating pattern of seemingly intelligent origin...what else could account for such RF signals, weak or strong. He stated that he was intimately familiar with the patterns of electrical interference of Solar radiation on our Ionosphere, and Earth and ruled those out as causes of the signal. How else does this signal originate during that time, if not indirectly discovering Pulsar RF?

It's not going to be a hot dog in a microwave oven is it!

Since the Sun is mostly responsible for the Ionosphere itself, causing the entire Ionosphere to fluctuate in large or in small ways due to it's activity or lack of, it is possible, since Tesla was directly and presently engaged in RF research using the Ionosphere as a conduit as it were, a Pulsar may have been effecting the very medium Tesla was actively researching to a very small degree which he managed to detect perhaps as an accidental by-product of his RF research.

The Ionosphere can be thicker or thinner depending on space 'weather'..which could translate to someone trying to send signals through it, as more or less resistive...these intermittent increasing and decreasing 'resistances', responding to what is slamming into the Ionosphere, could have been what Tesla was noticing...in turn an intermittent RF burst from a Pulsar could have resulted in an increased resistance to his efforts to transmit electrical energy, fluctuating between requiring Tesla to pump more and then less energy to achieve the same RF transmission...these differences, if regular and repeating in frequency could have been interpreted by Tesla as an intelligent signal from space.

You don't use radar to detect pulsars.

Apparently, you do.

t was one of the most important astronomical discoveries of the 20th century, and it became one of the more controversial when only one of the discoverers received a Nobel Prize.

Now a fascinating new footnote has been added to the story of how pulsars were discovered with the revelation that some had previously been observed by a U.S. Air Force staff sergeant at a remote Alaskan outpost. Military radar.

Earlier this month, 81-year-old Charles Schisler came forward to tell the story of how he used military radar to identify around a dozen radio sources, some of which were pulsars. Astronomers who have seen Schisler’s meticulous logs believe that he spotted a bright pulsar in the nearby Crab Nebula months before the first scientific observation of a pulsar was published in Nature in 1968.

Although Schisler never knew exactly what he was seeing, the story should be counted as an early pulsar spotting, says Jocelyn Bell Burnell, an astronomer at the University of Oxford, England, and one of the authors on the original paper.

Link to quote

It seems the first, or perhaps the second...Pulsar discovery came from using Radar, even if it wasn't recognised as such at the time. Tesla was involved with early Radar experiments..perhaps he noticed the patterns of a Pulsar and like Charles Schisler in the above quote, also failed to recognise it for what it was, instead assuming it to be an intelligent signal.

Not much is black and white, especially in science.
edit on 2-9-2015 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

From my posts postulating on whether or not Tesla was detecting a Pulsar and mistaking the signals, regardless of how he was actually able to receive them in the day, somehow translates into 'reverence' of Tesla in your mind?

Like i said matey, whatever floats your boat.

Mate, i have been on ATS long enough to know how you guys feel about the man. Please dont even try to deny it.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Oh you do, do you?

'How you guys feel' eh?

Go on over to my profile if you feel like it, wade through the years of my post history, and dig up ANY post where i'm stating my undying devotion and love, apparently, for Tesla while metaphorically swooning over the God-like prowess of the scientific giant he was...go on, find ONE...you won't find any.

Do you always make irrational snap judgements?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

You're a radio head...i get it. You're still ignoring the possibility that Tesla was picking these signals up by accident, a happy coincidence of his equipment used to experiment with wireless RF energy transmission, or his early forays into what was essentially a prototype radar system for the remote detection of aircraft etc. IF this was the case, that Tesla was detecting a stated repeating pattern of seemingly intelligent origin...what else could account for such RF signals, weak or strong.

1) he was lying. Not that uncommon for Tesla.
2) he was hearing lightning strikes, something his equipment could have managed
3) picking up low frequency radio noise from some local source.

You can't look at modern radios, and by that I mean post 30's, and imagine he had that equipment, he did not. Even something crude but effective such as superregen was unknown to him, because it requires amplification, i.e. tubes. Which he had no access to, as this claim predates even Fleming valves.

He stated that he was intimately familiar with the patterns of electrical interference of Solar radiation on our Ionosphere, and Earth and ruled those out as causes of the signal. How else does this signal originate during that time, if not indirectly discovering Pulsar RF?

Without superheterodyning, which he did not have, he would not have been able to receive extraterrestrial signals, unless they had enough power to be received on a crude crystal radio at >~30 MHz. Radio transmissions of his time were LF.

Since the Sun is mostly responsible for the Ionosphere itself, causing the entire Ionosphere to fluctuate in large or in small ways due to it's activity or lack of, it is possible, since Tesla was directly and presently engaged in RF research using the Ionosphere as a conduit as it were, a Pulsar may have been effecting the very medium Tesla was actively researching to a very small degree which he managed to detect perhaps as an accidental by-product of his RF research.

Pulsars do not put out enough energy to affect the ionosphere. You only get that sort of thing from Sol, or from massive, massive single bursts such as from a magnetar.

The Ionosphere can be thicker or thinner depending on space 'weather'..which could translate to someone trying to send signals through it, as more or less resistive...these intermittent increasing and decreasing 'resistances', responding to what is slamming into the Ionosphere, could have been what Tesla was noticing...

No. There isn't any "slamming". Pulsar signals are quite faint.

Apparently, you do.

Pulsars are quite a few too many light years to be detected by radar. They might have been able to use the receiver of the radar installation with the transmitter off. But that's not a plus for your argument. It requires mixers and amplifiers which, again, Tesla did not have. The receiver on a modern radar installation is qualitatively superior to a crystal radio.

Not much is black and white, especially in science.

Here's something that is. Prior to superheterodyning, which requires tubes at the least, you could not receive that sort of signal. Tesla did not even have a tube diode. He was using crude galena crystals. No amplification. No ability to receive HF.

It didn't happen. I know you want to believe it, but it is bull#.
edit on 2-9-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

It's not that i want to believe anything in particular Bedlam, but i do enjoy exploring hypothetical possibilities.

We'll probably have to disagree on whatever the possibilities may have been in this case i suppose, although it's been fun talking with you about this, and thanks for being patient with someone who doesn't know half of what you apparently know about RF.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Prior to 1904, you couldn't even build an audio frequency oscillator.

Because that's when tubes were invented. Prior to that, nothing. It took a number of years to design radio tubes that could handle frequencies as high as you'd need to get through the ionosphere. By the mid to late 1920s, you were beginning to see hand made tubes that could reach high enough, and, of course, since 1918 you had superregenerative receiver designs. When tubes became able to deal with it, you could receive signals over 20-30 MHz. At that point, you could start to receive signals from outside the ionosphere.

Before, no.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Until about 1918, the prevailing means of transmitting on a single frequency was an Alexanderson oscillator, which is a mechanical mess, and limits out at about 25kHz.

Armstrong invented modern radio, and had it all stolen by RCA. There's your radio genius.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Oh you do, do you?

'How you guys feel' eh?

Go on over to my profile if you feel like it, wade through the years of my post history, and dig up ANY post where i'm stating my undying devotion and love, apparently, for Tesla while metaphorically swooning over the God-like prowess of the scientific giant he was...go on, find ONE...you won't find any.

Do you always make irrational snap judgements?

I said you guys to make it clear that i was talking about ATS Tesla cheerleaders in general. Im not singling you out, so relax buddy. And its not a snap irrational judgement. A lot of ATSers clearly belive that the man was FAR more prolific than he was.

Was he a genius? Sure.

Did he receive signals from neutron stars/pulsars?....no
edit on 2-9-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

It's not that i want to believe anything in particular Bedlam, but i do enjoy exploring hypothetical possibilities.

We'll probably have to disagree on whatever the possibilities may have been in this case i suppose, although it's been fun talking with you about this, and thanks for being patient with someone who doesn't know half of what you apparently know about RF.

Cheers.

Not really sure how you can disagree with someone who clearly knows his stuff when you dont (no insult intended, just talking about radio)....

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

It took a number of years to design radio tubes that could handle frequencies as high as you'd need to get through the ionosphere.

But that's just it Bedlam...maybe the signals didn't have to get through the Ionosphere to register...only cause a change in state, however minor OF the Ionosphere, creating a measurable / noticeable change in the electro-magnetic nature of his experiments of wireless transmission.

I'm not talking about directly receiving a clear ET radio transmission, i'm saying the bursts of RF possibly from a Pulsar may have created a change (however that change manifested in Tesla's equipment of his experimental methods used on his current transmission projects) that was faint, but strong enough for Tesla to notice them...which he then quite foolishly IMO decided and declared were intelligent ET signals...he could have been half right, inasmuch as they were ET in nature, just not intelligent.

Strictly speaking, his equipment would not have to be capable of receiving an extraterrestrial RF signal, since while the origin of the RF was ET, it would of course have been local when it was received, having encountered the earth's' Ionosphere, which of course is local.

Don't forget, this is the same year, 1901, that the first transatlantic transmission occurred...if they had transceivers powerful enough for 1000's of miles, Tesla may well have had equipment sensitive enough to receive signals from a distance of only a 50 - 600 miles away (the Ionosphere), even if they were very weak and were not received as RF signals, but as breaks in electromagnetic background noise with a curiously regular and repeating pattern to them.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

But that's just it Bedlam...maybe the signals didn't have to get through the Ionosphere to register...only cause a change in state, however minor OF the Ionosphere, creating a measurable / noticeable change in the electro-magnetic nature of his experiments of wireless transmission.

In order to change the ionosphere, incoming radiation would have to be ionizing. As in gamma rays. Not very faint radio signals. The signals from pulsars are of frequencies that do not interact with the ionosphere to any great extent. They go right through. They are there for the receiving...if you have a radio that can receive in the HF range.

He did not.

Don't forget, this is the same year, 1901, that the first transatlantic transmission occurred...if they had transceivers powerful enough for 1000's of miles...

At 850kHz. Or 100kHz, it's sort of confusing, they apparently didn't keep very good records.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

What part of the word supposedly do you not understand?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

What part of the word supposedly do you not understand?

Eh?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I didn't realize there was such animosity towards Tesla. I don't know much about him to be honest, but I do find it strange that the US government tried to confiscate every single note he ever wrote, allegedly because the Germans had previously stolen some of his work. Given that governments only confiscate data that has some importance I have to assume that Tesla had quite a lot of knowledge about topics of interest to powerful people.

Even today much of Tesla's work remains sealed, other than some lost documents that continue to surface, albeit briefly since the US government still tries to confiscate it. It is odd that documents of seemingly useless information are kept in such secrecy from the public.

I don't know what Tesla thought he heard or saw but I have read that he predicted the Earth would warm up, long before we knew of global warming. Perhaps he was a bit insane, but I can't help but quote: there's a fine line between genius and madness.

Apparently in the lost journals book, Tesla managed to partially translate these signals (it does seem a bit unrealistic but I'm just posting what it says in the book):

Tesla apparently had spent a number of years trying to translate the mysterious signals he first heard in 1899.

His basic interpretation of these signals was that creatures from another planet, "Martials" as the slang of the day called them, were secretly here on Earth - They had infiltrated humankind for centuries - They had controlled events and people in order to lead mankind on a path of evolutionary development and essentially were responsible for human's being on the planet in the first place.

As well, Tesla discovered that the planets overall temperature was slowly increasing, what we know today as global warming. Tesla thought that this was being brought about by natural conditions, as well as manmade and extraterrestrial interference. With this in mind, we can now see some of the reasons for Tesla's eccentric behavior in the later years of his life. Tesla became obsessed with creating devices to end warfare and join mankind against what he perceived as the common enemy of extraterrestrials.

He often spoke about "Death Rays" and "Wingless Torpedo's" that could fly through the air without propellers or jets, possibly one of the earliest mentions of flying saucers. Tesla also became interested in developing methods to create free energy from sources other than burning wood or fossil fuels. Tesla was obviously the first to realize the dire consequences that could await us if the greenhouse effect was to take place. Unfortunately, Tesla's attempts to elevate humankind with new technology were met with laughter and derision. His letters about his concerns, sent to his friends in the government, were ignored. Tesla must have felt that he knew the biggest secret in the world concerning the fate of mankind, and nobody cared.

The whole Tesla thing just mystifies me in many ways. He seemed to talk a lot of sense and nonsense at the same time, yet many of his supposed predictions were correct and impossible to know or guess at the time. Further, why would the German and US governments be so interested in his research to such an extent that even today they are hidden. If his documents were nothing more than the ravings of a madman then they would've entered the public domain a long time ago. What is there to hide?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sharted

Tesla apparently had spent a number of years trying to translate the mysterious signals he first heard in 1899. His basic interpretation of these signals was that creatures from another planet, "Martials" as the slang of the day called them

I would say Tesla had read H.G. Wells " The War Of The Worlds " published in 1898.

His imagination took over from there on.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join