It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you view yourself?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Olaru12, you remind me of an old guy I was fond of when I first came here, I enjoy seeing you around.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
How do I view myself? Rotten.

You, on the other hand, are golden!

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

Hah, thanks Ashirah! .... you're far from Rotten!

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: valiant
a reply to: EchoesInTime

It's extremely difficult, and impossible to explain to people who don't have it! and more often than not leads to a lonely life.

I think I get it. It's not comparing yourself to anyone. it's a feeling of being disconnected from them, personally, socially, etc. I get that in public all the time, but for me it is as if I adopt other peoples emotions/feelings. I feel foreign in my own skin, not sure of what I feel.. I've sat with it and felt it through.. I don't like it lol. but even with relatives, I feel like I'm just watching them.

it can make you doubt yourself. as of 43 years old I am once more restarting my life.. ahh well, swings and roundabouts eh

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Meh, I stopped trying to fit in. It took me almost three decades to realize it won't happen. I'm most likely some kind of hybrid Alien human. Oh yes, I understand the mechanics of human interaction but it takes too much energy for me to engage in it. Especially when the person on the other side isn't even welcoming, or sincere.

I've seen people put on a face of politeness and talk about you the minute you leave their view. I'll pass on that.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant

It's a tough one mate....we all have times where we feel a bit crap but when the feeling becomes a rut and the rut becomes all you know, then that's not good mate.
Maybe you need to find something you channel your energy into... something creative, maybe you already do?

Can you expand on your feelings... is it work, with friends... everywhere?
Have you always felt like this or have things got worse because of something?

And I don't know if there's something missing in you mate, a lot of people are just maybe better at masking things or keeping up a facade, or maybe they genuinely don't think about things and just get on with it.

Was chatting just yesterday with someone about how ignorance is bliss - and thinking about bigger picture and seeing the way the world is and the issues and problems is not always something that is welcomed.
It would be nice to be ignorant sometimes or be distracted.

I think meditation or mindfulness could help you... I don't know but may be worth giving it a try.
Just focusing on the now, the moment you're in, you breathing, your body... you.... and not all of the other worries and issues you have.

If you have an android smartphone, Headspace is a decent app and gives you ten free sessions.

www.space.com...

Also you could try

www.freemindfulness.org...

Also walking... just go out and walk and breathe and let your mind just be in your immediate environment.
I've been doing a lot of walking recently and not only is good for your body, it's exceptionally good for your mind.

Hope some of that helps mate, shoot me a U2U if you want to chat any more about anything.

edit on 23/8/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: valiant

Olaru12, you remind me of an old guy I was fond of when I first came here, I enjoy seeing you around.

whaaa are you talking about?

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Yes, that's him.

Is that you? and through my brief absences I just never clicked on? it has to be, for you to know the name, or that was just a great guess.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

I forget about this thread, hope you don't think I was just being an ignorant git!

I was just at the long end of a low period when I wrote this, am good now, honestly thanks for the reply mate, I think the main problem is just me and my thoughts, especially when am on a downer. cheers though blup

Scorch, you pretty much nailed it, yep!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join