It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Perfect Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Maybe yours involves an early morning sipping a cup of coffee whilst watching the sun rise. Maybe it entails a long walk across a white-sandy beach.

Or maybe it requires circumstances exotic--driving fast cars on a famous racetrack or leaping bravely from a plane in flight.

But for me, a perfect day involves something entirely different.

It involves attaining and surmounting a rather challenging goal.

We each envision our perfect day in various ways, but in general those fantasies are rife with halcyon imagery and iconic endeavors. On the whole our conception of the ideal existence typically revolves around an egocentric fixation upon the self--imagining scenarios that fulfill our individual desires and particular whims.

But never should we judge the worth of our days by such selfish pursuits.

Rather, we should ascertain the value of our time by how much we give unto others.

My conception of a perfect day is one where I accomplish my goals and complete my work without spreading any negative feelings unto those around me.

My conception of a perfect day is one where I faultlessly embody the tenets and nuances of my own personal moral code.

My conception of a perfect day is one where I demonstrably make this reality a better place for everyone.

My conception of a perfect day is one where I commit no ethical errs.

When people think of perfect days they typically picture themselves doing amazing things in glorious locales. They commonly resort unto fallback descriptions of cliched experiences like those mentioned above.

Well for me, those things I described are amazing. And anywhere you've got a concerted number of people acting in accord with the principles of kindness and benevolence and compassion--well even the coldest parts of the words can become amazing when filled with that much light.

A perfect day consists of doing exactly what you want--so shouldn't that involve making this world the most incredible place possible?

Shouldn't you want to spend your existence spreading nothing but positivity and happiness and empathy and love?

Think about it--really ponder it deep. Then maybe--just maybe--you'll redefine your concept of a perfect day.

Then, if you determine you're ready for a fresh vantage on life, if you decide you're fit for a novel challenge:

Whenever you read this and whatever you're doing--stop everything.

Start the timer from that moment forward.

Set the clock back to zero and start anew.

Your day officially begins now.

Go out and make it perfect.

edit on 19-8-2015 by Trachel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

Today at ShopRite I watched an angry oriental woman belittle a fish department worker. He did nothing to provoc the exchange at first but it soon did escalate due to her persistent insults. After giving the woman her order she proceeded to unwrap the salmon and hit him in the face with it.

I felt watching this somewhat surreal display of affection a bit confused. Do I say something to the angry woman or do I defend the poor worker who in no way deserved this.

I unfortunately did nothing and 2 lbs of perfectly good salmon went to waste and I'm left here sitting feeling like I did something wrong now.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

As long as this planet continues to revolve around this sun with these arrogant jerk selfish humans killing each other and destroying the ecology and every species on this planet, my perfect day will never exist.

It would require a massive enema for me to even think it was possible, because my perfect day requires a news cycle that doesn't include headlines that read destruction here, war there, death here, crime there, etc.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
My perfect day begins by waking up. I am still alive.

Seeing my wife at the same time tops it off perfectly.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I think there is a word that describes your perfect day: death.

That is the only way to not see those facets of our world as it is today.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

That's beautiful. S& award to you, sir.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

As long as this planet continues to revolve around this sun with these arrogant jerk selfish humans killing each other and destroying the ecology and every species on this planet, my perfect day will never exist.

It would require a massive enema for me to even think it was possible, because my perfect day requires a news cycle that doesn't include headlines that read destruction here, war there, death here, crime there, etc.

I like this idea--cheerful news without mention of negativity.

And honestly, all it'd take is a different group controlling the media. The current media moguls want spread mention of death and destruction because it keeps people nervous, afraid, worried, despondent, and all other sorts of adverse emotions.

We live in a culture of negativity and darkness. And the best thing we all can do towards eradicating it is waking up every morning and trying out best to be our best examples of the light.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
My perfect day, is a walk in nature, and not seeing another human being.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Just knowing I'm not alone is enough....

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Thank you. It really is that way.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

You inspired me so I just wanted to share this with you here, My Perfect Day In LALA Land!
edit on 20-8-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

You inspired me so I just wanted to share this with you here, My Perfect Day In LALA Land!

Haha, I love it.

And I hope you get it, too. In this world or the next.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
youtu.be...

This will totally be on your mind the next time you're thinking of a perfect day!

new topics

top topics

join