It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Motorcycle Bomb rocks central Bangkok

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Some sources are saying that 27 were killed.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I will try will my limited ability to explain what I think is happening (as to why Muslims terrorists would be attacking everyone as one poster pointed out).

Islam is one of the world's largest religions. A handful of it's followers want world wide domination and a majority want a peaceful existence. The two cannot coexist and the two cannot heal the schism within the religion.

However one can use outside forces to "push" the peaceful followers towards their cause.

If a radical group did in fact detonate a bomb it may not have been intended solely to harm followers of another faith. It may have been geared more towards the response of such an attack. Illicit enough of a reaction and it will will drive people into the arms of radicals. Which will allow for more attacks, which will simply repeat the process.

Kill a few in order to get hundreds hurt. It will mean thounsands of new converts to the radicals cause.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Fair enough Charlie, the voice of reason my friend. It's about the folks who have died again in an act of terrorism. Let's hope the perpetrators are caught and dealt a serious offense. Love ya to my bruva from another Mutha

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Yeah 27 apparently now, Kali.

Officials say the attack was aimed at destroying Thailand's economy and tourism.

"The perpetrators intended to destroy the economy and tourism because the incident occurred in the heart of the tourism district," Defense Minister Prawit Wongsuwan said.

RT source.
www.rt.com...

So political, rather than religious?

Or two birds with one stone.

Sad.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Shamrock6

Dude shut your face, all the articles mention the insurgency indeed also pointing to the operations mainly in the south, why does this eliminate the suspicion? It doesn't, keep your pro tips to your self.

BBC
"There has been a Muslim insurgency, but this has been largely confined to the south of the country and attacks rarely take place elsewhere."

Settle down now. Wouldn't want you to crack your screen in a fit of keyboard badassery.

Thanks for the quote, though. Kind of exactly proves the point I made: articles mention the insurgency in the south of the country, and then also point out that attacks rarely happen outside of the south of the country. That's hardly the same as saying "we believe this particular group is responsible for it."

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Be careful, especially vets or refugees with PTSD, if you're following this on twitter, there's some very graphic images coming through now.
edit on 8/17/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Dude, I'm gonna have to get a new phone after this conversation, regardless the suspicion is noted in all articles what are we talking about here?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: Rezlooper
a reply to: anniquity

jumpingjackflashhypothesis.blogspot.com...

Yea it's gotta be global warming, when you goto sleep at night do you check under your bed and in the closet making sure global warming isn't there. If there is a explosion these days, use logic it's likely to be a jihadi. Jeez

Maybe this one, but Everyexplosion is a jihaid, huh? When you go to be at night, do you check under your bed for Jihadis?

No, not 'every' and your not going to walk me into some every explosion is Jihadi argument. Gosh I imagine you with a sniveling ratting voice saying every, but I will go this far there hasn't been ANY jumping jack flash global warming spontaneous combustion explosions as theorized by your lunatic fringe website trying to sell books. Have some respect people have died and once again it's some jihadi # doing what they do best.

Is this not your quote?

If there is a explosion these days, use logic it's likely to be a jihadi.

Sounds like you are saying that EVERY explosion is a jihadi because in the this post you say that not ANY explosion is from hydrogen sulfide when there have actually been many of them attributed to hydrogen sulfide and what about the Rhode Island beach explosion a couple of weeks ago...attributed to hydrogen sulfide from underground. You're a joke!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

No my friend coming into threads that are reporting terrorism attacks, and throwing up links to global warming explosions, that are trying to sell books. constitutes you as the joke.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

a reply to: Rezlooper

No my friend coming into threads that are reporting terrorism attacks, and throwing up links to global warming explosions, that are trying to sell books. constitutes you as the joke.

The original post and the title said explosion, not bomb, and it wasn't until page 2 of this thread that they figured it out to be a bomb. The person who comes on here hiding behind his keyboard at home attacking people and calling them names is the joke..and I'm referring to your other posts and your tough guy attitude.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: anniquity

just an observation but it is odd that over the weekend there was that huge chemical plant explosion in China, then today we have a bizarre attack close to a religious site in Thailand.

Probably unrelated but there could be something to it ?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
REMINDER!!!!!

Bickering, personal attacks, bigoted remarks, and totally off topic comments don't belong here....You are responsible for your own posts.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

edit on Mon Aug 17 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Does anyone else get the feeling that what is going on today and years gone passed has all been played out before on the planet 'Mars'?'

An earlier experiment of 'humankind' that went wrong??

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Does anyone else get the feeling that what is going on today and years gone passed has all been played out before on the planet 'Mars'?'

An earlier experiment of 'humankind' that went wrong??

No.....

ETA: sorry Mods, just answering the question above....
edit on 8/17/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Even if we label this a 'terrorist' attack, it does not mean jihadi muslims..

It could be though,

Most Thai Muslims belong to the Sunni branch, although Thailand has a very diverse and developing population which includes immigrants from around the world.

6% of the population is muslim.

How many are radicalized, who know's, but it only takes 2 or 3 to cause a disaster like this..

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
LiveLeak vid of the moment bomb went off (new angle).........

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
ISIS have staging areas in Thailand where they funnel jihadists into Syria/Iraq/Europe.
If this turns out to be them,It is partly our fault in the west for allowing the cancer to metastisize across the globe,as we are responsible for turning the middle east into a terrorist breeding ground IMO.
But,its too early to say who commited this atrocity,so I shall reserve judgement.
My thoughts are with the people of Thailand,who are a lovely people overall.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join