It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Motorcycle Bomb rocks central Bangkok

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Another photo of the alleged suspect at his alleged arrest.

edit on 29-8-2015 by kamatty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

Thank you for the update !
www.nationmultimedia.com...

Police arrested a Turkish man at a rented room in Bangkok's Nong Chok district Saturday afternoon and found a lot of bomb making tools and materials.

The arrest was made after about 100 police and troops surrounded the apartment at at 1:30 pm.

Among the matterials, police found 0.5mm-diameter ball bearings that were the same type with the bombs that exploded at the Erawan Shrine and the Sathorn pier on August 17 and 18.

Sounds like they captured at least one of the Perps ! It won't take them long to break him, Promise !

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I have just seen this photo. I don't mean any offence by my question so if your Muslim please understand that I don't know what it is and I'm not saying the 2 are same things

Is that a door mat or a pray mat?

I can't see it in the other photos. I'm trying to find out the order that the photos were taken. If it is a pray map it seems that the thai police want us to indirectly know this.

Another thing is if he is Muslim it doesn't mean that the bombings are part of his beliefs, it could still have been a political attack, although I find that highly unlikely as a political attack on that scale at that site would have been detrimental to there cause.

If he is Muslim and the attack was part of the holy war (that an extremely small minority of radicalised Muslims are fighting) then bangkok would be the perfect score for them. 2 false gods worshipped at this temple full of western tourists

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

Thank you for the update !

No problem, Thailand is my second home. I hope this isn't a small part of a bigger plan

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Some of the items found. 5 rooms raided in the apartment block. Rented since January 27th 2015

1. Sark explosive substances were found on one group.

2. Prayer explosive vests

3. round steel balls (ball bearings) plastic bags made of fatty flat.

4. Battery sizes (Round and square)

5. Connect the power cord and duct tape.

6. screwdriver, scissors

7. gallon tank containing chemicals (Unknown type)

8. cartons containing sodium carbonate chemicals

9. Pipe Tapping two different sizes with steel cover.

10. sewn cloth wrapped around the waist for sticking Velcro.

11. Fuse long pink 8 cm of 10 lines.

Thai - English translation is a bit sketchy but you get the idea.

I'm hoping the thai authoritys release some official information soon

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I just wanted to thank you for keeping track of this so well, Kamatty. I appreciated it!

Here is one more link about the arrest. AP story posted at 11am today, 29Jun15.

Earlier, Prawuth said that authorities had not yet determined his nationality and dismissed Thai news reports saying he is Turkish. Images of a Turkish passport with the apparent suspect's picture were posted on social media.

"The passport you see is fake," said Prawuth, referring to the online photos. "We don't know if he is Turkish or not."
A Turkish government spokesman said he had no information on the suspect held or any possible Turkish link to the attack. He spoke on condition of anonymity in line with Turkish government rules that bar officials from speaking to journalists without prior authorization.
Asked what could be the motive for the bombing, the police chief told reporters, "it's a personal grudge .. not international terrorism." He did not elaborate or give a clear explanation. The man faced charges of possessing unauthorized explosives, Prawuth said, without specifying a penalty. He was taken to a military base for further interrogation.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Nice one :-)

Here is his fake turkish passport

And the 200 (give or take a few) others ones found in his apartment

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
He's been charged with illegal possession of weapons. Quote from BBC news below and link to story. Very strange, not a suspected terrorist but charged with been involved in the bombing. The suicide vest shown at the news conference was planted. (remember yesterday I thought the pray mat looked planted). Just a feud not international terrorism. Just a feud???

Officers say the suspect, who was charged with illegal possession of weapons, was involved in the attack.

But national police chief Somyot Pumpanmuang downplayed any suggestion that the suspect was connected to terrorism.

"He is a foreigner, but it's unlikely he is an international terrorist. It's a personal feud," Mr Somyot told a televised news conference.

"He got angry on behalf of his friends and family members," he added without elaborating.

Meanwhile, Thai police have faced criticism for an image of a suicide bomb vest that was shown on television during the national broadcast announcing the suspect's arrest on Saturday.

The image caused a stir on social media and police later said it had nothing to do with the bombing or the suspect. Thailand's ruling military accused broadcast media of inserting the erroneous picture.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
well remember how I said I had a friend in Bangkok the day the bomb went off. he's back state side (he has a girlfriend and co owns two businesses in Thailand so he's there several months out of the year)

he was about 300 feet from the blast when it happened eating at an Italian restraunt inside the four seasons. they were going to go to the shrine to pray then go to dinner. on a whim they decided to eat first then pray. glad they did.

he says the word on the street in Bangkok was that its not terrorisim. it's actually a red shirt businessman or member of the junta who was behind this. basically pissed he wasnt getting his under the table kickbacks anymore now that the red shirts aren't in charge. that he hired some almost random dissident to plant the bomb. that the person captured doesnt kniw hiw to or have resources to build bombs and stage attacks. the red shirt guy put it all together and basically recruited the guy to make the drop off of the bomb.

basically the police and some of the wealthier but shady business men are all red shirts and aren't happy about the military taking control of the country. the military is yellow shirt along with the royal family who were usurpt by the red shirts and shady businessmen who then we're usurpt by the "military" who are now in control.

hes saying the police know much more about this and are possibly involved in some capacity since they are red shirts.

Thailand is very divided internally right down to the people on the street over red and yellow factions. you might be a yellow shirt and your brother a red shirt. go into a Thai restraunt state side and say you are for one color or the other and chances are if the Thai person you say it to is of the other faction they may give you attitude or kick you out. it's not talked about much outside of the Thais but it's a big divide internally with the population.

basically the Thai govt. people and news are downplaying the very likely red shirt involvement to save face (its part of their culture to do so) and will publicly place blame in anything else than the fact it's internal warfare and not terrorism and that factions of the local govt are probably involved.
edit on 30-8-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Thanks :-) I haven't heard that from any of my thai friends (all yellow) but the majority of them are in the southErnest islands. Most of my friends there are thai Muslims and they are all now questioning the pray mat that appears in 1 of the photos, and the suicide vest that the police have admitted has nothing to do with any of this and didn't even come from the raid.

I don't see what any thai red or yellow would gain from this, why put the bomb where they know they will kill red yellow and farang.

I completely understand the saving face thing in Thailan, well I don't understand it but I know exactly what you mean. It's extremely frustrating, but it's there country there rules so I always respect that when I'm there

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I'm just a farong too. so I can only go on what he says he's hearing on the street over there. he's yellow shirt too.

as for motives. to make the yellow shirts and the military look bad. a set up basically. false flag attack.

the red shirts have some shady dealings with the Chinese triads in Bangkok. both red and chinese are making tons of money when under red shirt control. and at the same time have a large demographic of the young Thais on their side. they pay you to vote for their constituents. and the people on average made more money when the reds were in charge.

bomb your own people (Chinese and the young thais) hurt tourism and then make it look like the yellow in charge can't protect the people. also there is the red shirt rice scandal they could be trying to distract attention away from. or the ongoing shenanigans of the deposed red shirt leader / real estate tycoon in exile who was having his sister run the country through proxy who just got busted in that and even more scandals.

look here at how the yellow shirts are screwing up and not protecting people, that stuff didnt happen when the reds were in charge. just don't look too deeply at the innerworkings of the red party hierarchy. and by all means yellows convert to the red party so we can all be rich again. false flag style attack and attempt to sway demographics and retake control of govt for their party.

seems pretty convoluted and it is. but it seems more like dirty politics than terrorisim. and due to their culture they dont want outsiders to know what's really going on in thailand. so public gets terrorist story. but locals get a little more to comptimplate as to what really happened and why.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I can see and understand that. Thanks for bringing so much more to this thread. The most beautiful amazing country in the world with the most welcoming friendly citizens is also the most corrupt country I've ever visited with some of the worst people I've luckily never met.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

BANGKOK — Arrest warrants for a Thai woman and a foreign national suspected of involvement in the bomb attacks earlier this month were issued this afternoon following a second raid conducted in the capital’s Min Buri district.

After the arrest of a foreign man in Bangkok’s eastern suburbs and a raid on a second residence turned up a large quantity of bomb-making materials, a court this afternoon issued two new warrants for two more people suspected of involvement in the 17 Aug. Erawan Shrine bombing and another explosion at a riverside waterway the next day.

“We would like to ask owners of apartments, dorms or rental houses that have foreign residents whose appearances match these descriptions to immediately contact security officers, because these individuals may have materials that could be dangerous to the buildings and other residents,” Lt. Gen Prawuth Thawornsiri, police spokesman, said this afternoon in a televised address.

One warrant is for 26-year-old Wanna Suansan, 26, a Thai woman said to have lived in a Min Buri room raided Saturday night, where authorities said they found bomb-making materials, according to Prawuth. The other suspect is an unnamed man whose nationality has not been confirmed.

Judging by the picture of the female she is Muslim due to her attire, which is mostly worn by the Muslim female population in country.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Thanks for the update.

Now judging by this...

Bangkok police claim reward in Erawan Shrine bomber hunt

Thailand's police chief has announced that he will give an $83,000 (£53,793) public reward to his own men after they apprehended a suspect in the deadly bombing at Bangkok's Erwan Shrine.

Something is starting to stink about this investigation!

www.bbc.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join