It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. removing Patriot missiles from Turkey

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This is an interesting move. The article is pretty clear in explaining it which is enough to suggest there's more to it. LOL.

Thoughts?

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Germany is too. The mandate ends soon, so they're removing them.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
One of the comments on that article suggests this leaves turkey wide open to IS, another suggests turkey is working with them, I wouldn't kow how accurate they are but turkey has been acting shady.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomy327

Or its a sign the US is slowly retreating from its World Police Status.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hmm, that's interesting. Any other countries you know of that fall into the same category?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

As if calling them patriot missiles makes them special. What a joke, all missiles do is make sure there are other missiles pointed at them. What a ponzi scheme racket the defense industry is.
edit on 16-8-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Patriot missiles have been upgraded in recent years to shoot down ballistic missiles, in addition to boasting an ability to bring down enemy aircraft. The U.S. military has deployed these missiles along Turkey's border with Syria.

The Syrian Air Force is defeated then?

Or the buffer zone across the Turkish Syria border is established?

Or something else is replacing the missiles.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Maybe. Yet one can't really uninvent them. They're here to stay...at least until energy weapons make them obsolete. The we'll need force fields to defend against them.....

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Of course there are other missiles pointed at them. That's the point of them. They're counter-missiles. As for the name, it's a name. Just like Scud, and every other missile's name.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

The Netherlands pulled their two batteries out in January, and were replaced by one from Spain. Germany and the US are the remaining batteries.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Don't really care what the hell you call them and yeah I know what the point is they are disgusting mass weapons of destruction and humans will destroy this planet with them, whatever they are called.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Aint much defend against rods from GOD!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Does turkdy really need them?

France and UK has its own domestic missle defence but suprised germany and the neatherland are loseing theres?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
Don't really care what the hell you call them and yeah I know what the point is they are disgusting mass weapons of destruction and humans will destroy this planet with them,

Except in this case, these missiles are designed to shoot down WMD.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
What does the UK have except the Type 45 (or is it another Type) anyway ship based.

I don't think we have a patriot style system, our reliance is on MAD.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Don't really care what the hell you call them and yeah I know what the point is they are disgusting mass weapons of destruction and humans will destroy this planet with them, whatever they are called.

Except they are an anti missile missile, so not actually a WMD. They are last ditch effort to prevent WMDs. Defensive system.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Do you even know what Patriot missiles are? Or even what a WMD is?

Patriot missiles are anti-air craft/anti-missile weapons. Air defense. They shoot out planes and missiles. It's a pretty #ty delivery system for any type of WMD. WMDs are things like nukes, bio and chem bombs. Big difference.

Anyway, it's been planned for a while. I was in a Patriot unit in Germany in the mid 90's, and when I had first arrived, there were two other battalions besides mine, but three years later, by the time I was leaving, there were two, and one was already in the pipes for deactivation. The idea was to consolidate all Air Defense units back at Ft. Bliss. I'm surprised we even have my old unit left in Germany. Wonder how long that will last.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: Boomy327

Or its a sign the US is slowly retreating from its World Police Status.
- World Police Status ???? WT? Who xyz appointed or elected them that position for fxyz christ sake ???????????????????????????????????

Tyranny runs rampant when thug governments appoint themselves master of everyone else.

you sure your not confused with World Ownership Status ??????????????? Then again, lots of people fall propaganda. I hope Im wrong on thinking that people who make such remarks do so that reason.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
What does the UK have except the Type 45 (or is it another Type) anyway ship based.

I don't think we have a patriot style system, our reliance is on MAD.

You are correct, it is the Type 45 which is primarily an anti-air warfare platform. She is equipped with the PAAMS also called the sea viper in the UK. She is designed for airspace control and defence and having been involved in the build and sea trials, she excels in that capacity.

I believe that the closest to the patriot would be the ageing Rapier system utilised by the army which is due to be replaced by a new system in development.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

the US also has several Patriot Missile Batteries deployed in Saudi Arabia... they were sent there to protect the Saudi's from Scud missiles from Iraq... I think the Patriots are still there

as far a the US as toning down the 'policeman' role... not really.... with the Iran nuke deal the US is now backing up Iran instead of other Islamic nations as in the past... IRAN is being groomed to be the Regions hegemon/ regional power

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join