It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dishonoring their own bodies between themselves

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Even if the extensive list that you present as your interpretation of that passage is correct, there are two things to remember.

1. God can and will forgive them if the person says sorry to him
  2. It is absolutely NOBODY's right on this earth to pass judgement on another human being

That is all.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

1 yes you are correct

2 nobody passed judgement on anyone in the OP

The discussion is about what Vs 24 "dishonouring their bodies between themselves" may mean.

But please remember what is the Christians will and do judge 1Cor 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

1Cor 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

did I ever say I disapprove of anything mentioned in the OP.

I surmised that dishonouring may be tattooing, Piercing and unnatural sexual acts I never said I disapprove of them or those who practice them.

you hypocritical POS - you wrote in your OP:

This is all part of their being given over to sin because knowing the truth they deny it and ignore it.

And you say that this is not actual disapproval??

What a fair weather x-ian you are - as soon as someone points out your own writing and the clear implications of it you start shifting the goal posts, denying your own words......who was it in the bible denied their faith??

No you resort to name calling and adding to the text things that are not in the OP and I laid out the unnatural sexual acts I was refering too in the OP.

GROW UP!
edit on 16-8-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Yes whatever you do don't address the fact that you've been shown up.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
The very fact that he used Romans 1 tells you he was also referring to homosexuality without actually saying it. He's being disingenuous at best.

Lets see If I am not mistaken Homosexuality was mentioned where Exactly in Romans 1?

oh yeah not for a couple more verses if I am not mistaken

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Now if we go back to the previous verse if you want to make verse 24 about homosexuality that is your mistake entirely. the context for verse 24 stops at the end of 25 and a new topic begins.

the immediate context of 24 runs form 19-25, a slight topic change at verse 26, and then again at 28 through 32. I can't help it if you misunderstand the verse and cant comprehend the grammatical changes ending with period at the end of verse 25.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

you do know you violated the T&C by calling me names?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

so later in Romans homosexuality is called unnatural, and in the OP you condemn "unnatural" sexual practices, but that doesn't include homosexuality??

Oh yeah - another x-ian hypocrite!!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I have yet to read one post in which anyone has expressed what they think "dishonouring their bodies between one another".

Most of you have somehow concluded without reading it is referring to Homosexuality. I don't think so. I think it has to do with "dishonouring their body" some form of changes to it like tattoos, sex changes, weird piercing, scaring, as well as abusive sexual activity.

One member mentioned over eating but only in the context of Christians who over ate after church on Sunday. But failed to mention that the majority of people who over eat are not Christians.

Look long at verse 32

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them

Are any of you doing the same and having pleasure only in those who do them?

That would explain the outrage at the OP and the reason not one rational discussion has evolved out of this.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I quoted and remarked only on verse 24 and its context.

By the way I do not recognize "x-ian" as anything other than a Chinese name.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Selective quoting is obviously a problem for you when other people spot it.

And I don't care what you recognise - clearly you are a fair weather x-ian with no real understanding of what you are talking about.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Selective quoting is obviously a problem for you when other people spot it.

And I don't care what you recognise - clearly you are a fair weather x-ian with no real understanding of what you are talking about.

X-ian is supposed to be what exactly?

In China it is xian and sometimes x-ian and it is pronounced zain or zin. the modern Chinese characters that the English transliteration x-ian comes from, is actually from the ancient Chinese pictographs which is a man walking to heaven.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
So has anyone figured out what truth is was they were holding in unrighteousness that caused them to be given over in Romans 1:18-32?

Does anyone want to take a guess and maybe set for the record what they feel it means to "dishonouring their bodies between one another" may be?

Remember I never said it was Homosexuality I addressed what I though t it could be.

However some of you here have made that clear that it may be that. How would one come to that conclusion if it is so?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

There is no such truth - the whole thing is a made up fantasy couched in allegorical terms in order to reel in suckers looking for some mystical salvation.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

do you understand x-mas?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

do you understand x-mas?

I am not catholic. What kind of mass is it?

X is not the cross. Catholics and Seculars use to represent the day of Christ birth they claim was in December. But Christ was not born in December and from what one can deduct from scriptures is that is was in late September or early October.

Do I want to understand the X before the mass? NO

You would do well to learn what the X means in Catholicism especially in Latin. Things that end in x are pretty dangerous and are not true Christianity.

Get a copy of the book "Black is Beautiful" By Ruckman It may enlighten you.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

then put a rag on your head and go join ISIS.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

it is not x-mass, it is x-mas.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Why on earth would I do that?? They're as bad as x-ians when it comes to irrationals beliefs - exactly the same mold.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I think what it's saying is that because the people stopped following God and fell more and more into sin that God stepped away from them and allowed them to do whatever they desired. God made humans in his image and so my take on it is that people, "dishonoured their own bodies between themselves". It's not exactly saying they were sinning with each other's bodies but amongst themselves, as people, they did whatever felt good without any care as to the consequences. This doesn't necessarily mean physical sin but idolatry and false gods. I imagine anything that one can imagine was going on. Again it boils down to being made in God's image and having self respect and respect for each other and respect for our maker.

It's taken me an entire day to think on this and keep coming back to it and looking up the passage in the Bible and this is my take on what it means.

edit on 16/8/15 by ccseagull because: clarification

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

But please remember what is the Christians will and do judge 1Cor 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

1Cor 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

Matthew 7:21

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Who are you going to trust more?

The words of the saviour, or the promise of Paul?

Besides, the word saint is a bit grandiose for the average Christian; in your Corinthians passage. The true context of it's meaning and exactly who the saints are is explained here in Revelations 20

Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them . And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

So, NO the average Christian does not get to judge lest they be disowned by God himself. The ones who are brought back with Christ do. And they aint here yet........
edit on 16-8-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join