It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germans are so scared of surveillance they microwave their ID cards

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: LoveSolMoonDeath

So having my real name, birth date, address, picture (it's on german's card) en.wikipedia.org... on a chip

Thats why i said bar code . The data can be stored remotely and easily accessed . DNA is the police of the future .

What if a sick healthcare worker takes your blood from storage and throws it around a crime scene... (or the police who don't like your anti-government tactics) DNA is not all that safe..

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Just my opinion but i would be quite happy to have all my information put on my car licence . Details like name address etc but also a link of some sort to my fingerprints and DNA . It doesnt have to be electronic , perhaps a bar code . I have not done anything illegal , no need to fear having my details on record

That is such a typical response. It really amazes me how people can be so apathetic to the growing Totalitarian surveillance state. Perhaps because I read Orwell's book "Nineteen Eighty Four" which describes this type of surveillance society when I was about 15, I have always been attuned to the fact that this is encroaching slowly and incrementally. Things like the PATRIOT a-c-t are dramatic eye openers. www.spychips.com...

books.google.com...

The powers that be already know my name , my address , my birth date , my birth place .

yah so handing that much power on a silver platter is so much better even...this is way worse
than ss guys on a train demanding your papers please, Think! Do you really want to give the Totalitarians this much power in your life, oh please here take more power from me I give it gladly..
I really wonder about people these days.
Oh by the way, you may not think youve done any thing wrong, but there just may come a time when you broke some outrageous law you never even knew existed and don't even think of having your own opinions about anything...the State will be your Master.

Look what this administration did to the Tea Party, targeting them expressly...it's been in the news or didn't you care because it wasn't you?
edit on 15-8-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Microwaving the card should erase the data on the microchip, so it isn't pointless, is it? If this is an RFID chip, it could be read from a distance by an RFID reader, for example.

A bit of a distance, perhaps.
But without the data on the chip the card is non-functional. Like a burnt draft card.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
there are other ways to render those inert rather than microwaving. take a needle then punch a hole in it. Or use a hammer to smash it. Just do it carefully to not mess up the card. ALso you can beat RFID scanners by insulating your cards in aluminum lined cases or wallets.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
In unrelated news:

To help fight off credit card fraud,
the Polish people lined their purses and wallets with neodymium.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daalder

what's on this, to what extend,

All ID information, your photo and your fingerprints.
Stored digitally on an RFID chip.
To the extend where you'd only need this information to commit fraud.

who can read it/pirate this,

Anybody with a smartphone with NFC.
My son ( 5 years old) can.

can I limit the infos like the one on my passport?

Nope. But you can make a million copys if you like.

That's why I never have it on me.

Wow, your son must be pretty good at cracking encryption then.

and at 5, a future in I.T. for sure !

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Get an RFID blocking wallet. I have one. Tested it with my company ID. Can't get into the building without removing it from my wallet.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

And thats the way freedom goes down, and people are happy with it, can´t believe how many people think exactly like this.
I didndonuffin bad and i dont want to do so, so everybody can read and use all of my data...
That you didn´t do nothing bad doesn´t mean that others won´t do with your data!
Maybe it was ok to think like this in 1915, but not in 2015

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daalder
a reply to: andy06shake

Tracking a person of interest is not going to work like this.

Any person (of interest) would know the traceability and would therefore not have the card on him at all time.
Our driver's license doesn't have a chip and is allso an ID card, except in the case where you go to work for a new employer the first time or go a broad.

People of interest are usually a little smarter and use the law to their advance ;-)

Today we all are Persons of Interest, our data is of interest, because it´s like gold for some people!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Yeah, we Krauts are a fearfull bunch of inventors. German Angst Inc...
Just look at the Muricans, they buy guns to keep 'em save!!! oneoneeleven

Wait... something is wrong.

Tinfoil hats for chipcards!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This isn't just a German thing, my friend who is a retired US Army Ranger told me "Make sure you microwave your passport so the government can't track you."

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
And later there is the upgrade.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheChrome
This isn't just a German thing, my friend who is a retired US Army Ranger told me "Make sure you microwave your passport so the government can't track you."

And if you don't ever want to use it.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheChrome

I guess if you had the card that would be okay.
I imagine the booklet would burn?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I see little shiny bits in mine.
Might spark a bit but I don't think it would burn.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well then since I believe most of what you say...
I won't test the theory.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Mind you, there are booklets which do carry chips. One of those might combust.
Mine doesn't though.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

DNA police is fine BUT it must be legally restricted and not widely used on people IMO.

I fail to see how it could be used against you unless you broke the law .

No unless the government goes rogue and breaking the "law" includes rights we take for granted every day.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

If the government goes rogue you have no rights . Your personal details will have nothing to do with it .

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Daalder

"Tracking a person of interest is not going to work like this. Any person (of interest) would know the traceability and would therefore not have the card on him at all time."

Depends on who the person of interest is. Some people are rather complacent bordering on stupid after a fashion.

"People of interest are usually a little smarter and use the law to their advance ;-)"

Considering our governments penchant for spying on her own citizens and the CCTV network we have in place combined with other various ways of detection there is really no need for trackers or chips that contain biometric information which is the point i was attempting to illustrate.

As to people being smart and using the law to there advantage, that remains to be seem considering a significant percentage of those very same people dont even relies the capability's TPTB have at there disposal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join