It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michele Bachman "extremely excitied" about Iran deal.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
.....because it heralds the end of days:

Former Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, a Republican, has proclaimed that the nuclear agreement reached between Iran, the United States and five other world powers is nothing more than the fulfillment of End Times prophecy found in the Bible, and added that the world will likely see the "strong right arm" of the Lord strike in judgement.

While speaking on Jan Markell's "Understanding the Times" evangelical radio program last Saturday, the 59-year-old Bachmann argued that if Congress fails to strike down the agreement reached with Iran, then Christians should rejoice because it is a sign that the End Times are coming to fruition.

well this is US political MADNESS - and I reckon it doesn't get much fruit-loopier than this!!

Unless of course 1 or more of the clown car pick up the idea and run with it - which you have to admit is not looking impossible!!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Based on her voting record and rhetoric, she'll probably miss the rapture and have to suffer in the apocalypse just the like us dirty Atheists.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Not defending her, but there are hundreds of millions of people who think along the same lines as she does regarding religion.

Scary to think that doctors, lawyers, politicians, etc...have this crazy paradigm.

Once you understand that billions of people have similar or crazier viewpoints than she does, you realize why groups like ISIS can be so deadly.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
What no pictures? Did she make her O face?

Ends of days...ugh.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Why do you hate Christians three thousand miles away?

Afraid of them?

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

Afraid of them?
Trashing on a crazy woman who honestly believes a deal with Iran will usher in a supernatural judgement day isn't hating on anyone.

It's called being rational.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Afraid of them?

not necessarily - it's the insane fundamentalist ones that scare me. Regardless of where they are.

Those and any that might have the ear of someone who could "push the button", and those that get elected to power, and those that would selectively read their own constitution and history to turn the US into a right wing christian theocracy.

But as far as I know none of those are 3000 miles away from me.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

There are no words for how thankful I am that she's out of office. Just need Ted Cruz out now too.

Anyone who is guided by a policy of wanting to usher in the apocalypse so they can be saved by God is not fit to be running a country. That's true for her, it's true for the radical Muslims in the Middle East, and it's true anywhere else as well.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Hatred Wiki

I was right...
edit on 13-8-2015 by Granite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Just admit it...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

And just who is to say that she is wrong. When her statement is put into context with everything else that is now happening, one should start to wonder.

Humans are impacting the environment to the point that unprecedented numbers of species are going extinct and our environment is actually being degraded to the point of no longer being sufficient to sustain the shear volume of humanity. The oceans are dying, especially the Pacific. Blame it on Fukushima or global warming carbon dioxide absorption, either natural or man made, the Pacific Ocean appears to be dying and there is nothing man can do to prevent it. When the oceans go, we go, it's that simple.

The oceans are only one aspect to examine in the overall health of this planet and it's ability to sustain humanity.

I think humanity is in serious trouble but too many are content to continue to believe we will be fine. Science will provide. Everything is going to be all right. It's called Normality Bias and the majority of humanity experiences this psychological defence mechanism.

Lets try melding her comments into some form of relationship with everything else that is happening now. Just a couple of links.

Sixth Mass Extinction will Wipe out Humans
www.universityherald.com...

World On Brink Of Sixth Great Extinction, Species Disappearing Faster Than Ever Before
www.huffingtonpost.com...

enenews.com... -deaths-expert-exceptionally-rare-dead-humpback-concerns

en.wikipedia.org...

I could post this kind of headline all day long.

Whether you believe in Revelations and end times prophecy or not is irrelevant. Fact is humanity is in trouble. Maybe it is Revelations, maybe it's not.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

just admit what?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

And just who is to say that she is wrong.

anyone who wants to.

I say she is wrong.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

And just who is to say that she is wrong. When her statement is put into context with everything else that is now happening, one should start to wonder.

I think there's a prophecy forum for this stuff but lets say for the moment that she is right and we're living in the end times. The Christian, Jewish, and Islamic religions all speak of the end times and all take wildly different interpretations of the same God. There's a 2/3 chance she didn't even pick the right faith that will be saved.

I don't share her faith, I would rather her not try and bring about the rapture, if she wants to meet God early she's welcome to join the afterlife without taking the rest of us with her, and that's true for anyone that wants me to die for their God.
edit on 13-8-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Personally, I am an agnostic so I will not say whether she is right "or" wrong. I just see the writing on the wall and know humanity is in for a rough and uncertain future.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Who cares what she thinks.

Is she even in a position to vote on the bill anymore?

Nope!

edit on 13-8-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I care - because unfortunately as someone else said, a lot of people share her particular lunacy, and I believe it is important to keep an eye on the inmates!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Afraid of them?

When a person gets excited over an event that could potentially kill billions of people they are to be feared because they are psychotic.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The Iranians are even more excited.

And even more radically "religious".

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Based on her voting record and rhetoric, she'll probably miss the rapture and have to suffer in the apocalypse just the like us dirty Atheists.

Well i got news for all those who think they are gonna get raptured away. Sorry not gonna happen till before th e very final judgement when the planet is totally rendered lifeless.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join