It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s No Longer Just Confederate Flags, There’s a New Expression of ‘Southern Pride’ Under At

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay
yet and ill repeat people keep stealing the flag of peoples property, their trucks etc and people are getting attacked for flying it...so if the only purpose was to have it removed from government buildings, why are people and their property being stolen or damaged?

Because people are assholes... Not sure why that needs to be explained to you.
edit on 13-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I don't always listen to country music. But when I do...

edit on 13-8-2015 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: kellyjay

so one guy had a pic of a confederate flag and shot up that church = ban the flag?

I did not say anything even close to that! How did you come to that conclusion from what I posted? Not only are you lazy that you blame entire groups of people for the actions of the few, you also didn't even take the time to read my post.

Sad.

great logic...why dont you ban the stars and bars because the KKK fly that too......

Considering that you completely missed the point of my post, you are not one in a position to lecture about logic.

im reiterating exactly what happened

monday - nobody bothers with the flag
tuesday- kid shoots up church, pic is shown on the news with a confederate flag
wednesday - ban the flag

sheep

The ban the flag from government grounds debate has existed a LOT longer than since Dylan Roof shot up that church. There was a pretty big deal made about it back in 2000 too when Charleston voted to remove the flag from on TOP of the state building as well.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: introvert

so one guy had a pic of a confederate flag and shot up that church = ban the flag?

I did not say anything even close to that! How did you come to that conclusion from what I posted? Not only are you lazy that you blame entire groups of people for the actions of the few, you also didn't even take the time to read my post.

Sad.

great logic...why dont you ban the stars and bars because the KKK fly that too......

Considering that you completely missed the point of my post, you are not one in a position to lecture about logic.

im reiterating exactly what happened

monday - nobody bothers with the flag
tuesday- kid shoots up church, pic is shown on the news with a confederate flag
wednesday - ban the flag

sheep

The ban the flag from government grounds debate has existed a LOT longer than since Dylan Roof shot up that church. There was a pretty big deal made about it back in 2000 too when Charleston voted to remove the flag from on TOP of the state building as well.

you know fine and well the charleston shooting was the catalyst beind its removal....so dont even

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Maybe for the recent controversy, but it's not like it was a brand new debate or anything. The shooting just stirred up old emotions.

But in any case, why are we using the non-issue in the OP as a springboard to whine about the confederate flag issue? That controversy is over already. The flag wasn't banned, it was removed from the state house (as it should have been since it should never have been put there anyways regardless of what it means to people), and you and everyone else in the country are still allowed to fly the flag whenever you want privately.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You know, ive never owned a confederate flag, never flown a confderate flag and coudnt give a s**t about the flag, what irks me about it is the feigned outrage from the left, people getting mad over a piece of cloth, and other liberals jumping on the anger bandwaggon because if they dont people will think they are racist lol...FEIGNED outrage.

theres three thing i heartily dislike in this world, liberals, radical feminists and misandrists....

ok im done

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

You know, ive never owned a confederate flag, never flown a confderate flag and coudnt give a s**t about the flag, what irks me about it is the feigned outrage from the left, people getting mad over a piece of cloth, and other liberals jumping on the anger bandwaggon because if they dont people will think they are racist lol...FEIGNED outrage.

Yet here you are whining about it when the controversy is already done and settled.

theres three thing i heartily dislike in this world, liberals, radical feminists and misandrists....

ok im done

Awesome. You sound like a pillar of political compromise... /sarc
edit on 13-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Looks like the snowball effect is happening.

People go for what's popular.

The 2016 campaigns are underway !!

edit on Aug-13-2015 by xuenchen because: #hillary

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I'm talking about the "Dixie" issue, not the confederate flag.

It was dropped.

No need to be concerned.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Yet here you are whining about it when the controversy is already done and settled.

ok im done

you mistake whining for pointing out the stupidity of the left

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Decided to have a look around to see if anything else 'Dixie' related and:

wreg.com... -board-bans-southside-highs-rebel-mascot-and-fight-song/

FORT SMITH, Ark. — The Fort Smith School Board voted Monday unanimously to ban Southside High School’s mascot and fight song.

In a seven to zero vote, the fight song “Dixie” will be banned for the 2015-2016 school year.

So it may be the next PC battleground after all.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

ok im done

Pointing it out a month or so after the controversy has died down though is either sour grapes or whining.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Only if the right insists on making it one. Did you see my post on the second page where I tore apart your source in the OP?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

ok im done

What stupidity on the Left? There is no organized push to ban "dixie" or flags. That is the action of individuals and local idiots.

Just because you personally disagree with it does not mean the Left is behind it.

Damn, I really wish people would quit falling for propaganda and BS.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

it was banned from the government grounds wasnt it?

Federal grounds but not state grounds. So if you are going to keep up the it's been banned whine at least be accurate.

yet and ill repeat people keep stealing the flag of peoples property, their trucks etc and people are getting attacked for flying it...so if the only purpose was to have it removed from government buildings, why are people and their property being stolen or damaged?

The people who do these things should be placed under arrest for theft. Do you have any evidence that the government told these people to do these things?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

ok im done

Pointing it out a month or so after the controversy has died down though is either sour grapes or whining.

i pointed out the stupidity of the left back then too and ill continue to do it.....get over it

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
Actually just found another article which says the guy who raised the issue has backed down as there was already a petition organised.

www.wfmynews2.... com/story/news/local/2015/08/12/councilman-drops-discussion-changing-dixie-classic-fair-name/31553383/

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -- The councilman who started the conversation to change the name of the Dixie Classic Fair has ended the discussion.

James Taylor released a statement Tuesday stating he was ending the discussion because he heard from many people who were against changing the name.

Looks like common sense actually won

See if it happens anywhere else though.

Don't let this get in the way of the bashing though.
Need to talk about how the pc police is ruining everything.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

it was banned from the government grounds wasnt it?

Federal grounds but not state grounds. So if you are going to keep up the it's been banned whine at least be accurate.

The people who do these things should be placed under arrest for theft. Do you have any evidence that the government told these people to do these things?

did i say the government told them to do it? no...so why would i prove a point you just pulled out of your a*s??

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Once something like this starts, where does it stop? Banning whistling Dixie? Banning Dixie cups? Banning anything and everything that pisses people off? Locking people up and putting ball gags in people's mouths like 50 Shades of Stalin just because they might offend someone? Putting people in camps because they show behaviors that could get them labeled as racist and apt to commit a hate crime? Where?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

You uses the attacks and thefts as more proof that it was "banned".

Buster asked if you could show it was the gov making people do it as that is the only way that would make sense.

And if you really think no one had an issue with that flag before all this then I will say you are sadly mistaken.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join