It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy is catching many weird objects in the atmosphere with high-tech set-up

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Do these have anything to do with the process of disclosure?

A guy has been filming some very strange shapes in the atmosphere with a relatively high-tech set-up (for an amateur).

Please don't say these are balloons - that would just be stupid. Sure a couple look like balloons, but many don't. I saw something that looked like a sizzling string in one - but then in another the string was floating by itself - balloon strings don't do that.

So what are they? Human or non-human? Some kind of experiment or trick? Some kind of joke? Kites? How can kites or any other object morph like some of these seem to do?

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Please don't say these are balloons - that would just be stupid

To say they're not balloons would be stupid , his special technique I would suggest is nothing more than a way to try to make the mundane look interesting.

These even have the tether still attached and dangling.

Has Ufology really come to this ?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
two flags for wow.....
wow factor way up there.... what a world we live in, huh!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
How dissapointing. I clicked expecting sopmething interesting and good and would up with a man filming balloons.

I should have known better.

Keep posting idiotic things like this guys and the rest of the world will keep regarding you as weirdos. There may be weird things up there...but this def aint it.
edit on 10-8-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Reminds me of that huge balloon known as a 'Moby Dick' The first vid reminds me of a lunar lander, except it had 4 legs?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Is there any suggestion that the uploader has done any work to identify these objects? None of his comments make any reference to weather services. The descriptions say his videos are taken in Redland and Miami, Florida. There are weather services in Miami that use balloons and he seems to have decided that his footage is absolutely not balloons.

Here's one that looks exactly like the one Gortex pointed out...minus the effects.

If he's adamant that his video isn't a balloon, it really doesn't help him as there's no good reason to say otherwise. It's obviously a balloon!

One of the videos is interesting imo. It looks like a crumpled balloon, but still odd. The downside of this is that the uploader doesn't make identification easy because they've made their mind up already. Scientists use different types of balloons and they come in different sizes too. Some of them do crumple and others have been seen to burst at high altitude. Many a balloon has been mistaken for a UFO going back to the late 1940s. Likewise, many a decent UFO sighting report was explained away by writing 'probable balloon' in the cards of Projects Grudge and Blue Book.

In this case, I genuinely think he's filming balloons and either prefers not to admit it or is reluctant to accept the facts.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
These are clearly balloons. It seems like the alien/UFO folks here are really scraping the bottom of the barrel lately..

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

A bit off topic while still on the topic of this thread, but why am I getting large white squares with a ! in a circle in the middle where the photos or videos in the thread should be? Can't see the OP's images or the later posted images. I really want to see the balloons floating by (ah, I mean the ultra-mysterious and scientifically sound UFO image-capture).

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
These are clearly balloons. It seems like the alien/UFO folks here are really scraping the bottom of the barrel lately..

Mate, they have been doing that the world over for the last 50 years

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Hopefully this helps identify whatever he's filming.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I'm gonna go with swamp gas.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I watched the first video for 30 seconds, and chuckled for a bit while reading some of the captions, then I saved my bandwidth.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

One could almost wonder if all this 'grade z stuff' is a strawman
attack to cover the few things really worth investigating.

Kev

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

It seems a bit extreme that people jump on the balloon wagon without due cause except to find an answer for a mysterious phenomena. The old practice of using "weather balloons" (always round) is long past, taken over by radar. Scientific tests with plastic bag types are usually defined by their shape and extremely slow movement. The lack of a standard shape of these objects tend to not support a balloon explanation.

How about insects? there are some species of spiders that create a web this time of year and float away on it. The "web" is not so much a web, but a mass of strands in more of a mat-type of configuration. In my experience, they are usually white, however, but that is when viewed with the sun shining on them. If viewed with them against the light, they may have a darker and/or colored appearance. Since they are not miles high, they will easily give the appearance of motion.

We cannot make much determinations from any of his images because he fails to give any zooming shots of reference. And the video of the object rapidly moving around can be created by camera motion, nothing more. I'll give him an "C" for effort, but no star. Come back to us with better stuff.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Is there anything interesting worth investigating these days though , the old stuff has been done and done again so we're at the limit of knowledge in those cases and the last thing I remember that caused a real stir was the O'hare UFO and that was nearly 10 years ago.

I think this guy knows that if you put UFO in your video title you will get clicks on youtube , and even if your UFOs are clearly nothing more than balloons you will still get subscribers and believers , video killed the Ufologist.

Will the last serious researcher please turn off the light ......

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Is there anything interesting worth investigating these days though , the old stuff has been done and done again so we're at the limit of knowledge in those cases and the last thing I remember that caused a real stir was the O'hare UFO and that was nearly 10 years ago.

I think this guy knows that if you put UFO in your video title you will get clicks on youtube , and even if your UFOs are clearly nothing more than balloons you will still get subscribers and believers , video killed the Ufologist.

Will the last serious researcher please turn off the light ......

Well I can understand why you would say that.

It would seem that a great deal of the 'serious ufo research' involved
the government psychological operations, and while we can't actually
PROVE the extent of that, I think any rational person who has read
the best research on that (mirageman style research) has to admit
the likelihood that the cat is out of the bag is in the high 90%.

For the remaining 10% you have to turn to Vallee type stuff and
UAP type stuff.

Well Vallee may be the last of his kind, so that avenue of research
seems to be dying out.

That leaves UAP stuff, and the government too seems up to their
necks in that.. as it's involved with high energy weapons
research.

So unless one wants to go down very dangerous and hard to
investigate roads.. yes.. i tend-ish to concur with you.

I personally think that what's really worth investigating is
huge and barely known about at all.. that it's at the root
of our culture and the mass disinfo campaigns
(religion and spirituality).

But there are only a handful of people on the planet
researching THAT. Most of them drink the coolaid
too (believe in some new age stuff) so they lose the
ability to be a neutral researcher.

I personally only know 5 people on ATS I would consider
being actual researchers (3 of whom think a lot like
I do) but I think that even those 5 are getting a bit
burned out.

I suspect that when the next huge wave hits, that's
larger than in 52 and 89 that there will be more
interest again.

My take.

Kev

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

It seems a bit extreme that people jump on the balloon wagon without due cause except to find an answer for a mysterious phenomena. The old practice of using "weather balloons" (always round) is long past, taken over by radar. Scientific tests with plastic bag types are usually defined by their shape and extremely slow movement. The lack of a standard shape of these objects tend to not support a balloon explanation.

Ummm...no. Weather balloons are used everyday. See this news article from May 14, 2015:

Weather balloon story

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I couldn't possibly guess what is being viewed. Anyone who states that they know it's this or that, is full of crap. It sure doesn't look like balloons to me. It does however, look like some kind of effed up Betty Boop torso, though.... a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Anyone who states that they know it's this or that, is full of crap.

Sorry but ....

All he need do is substitute the word anomaly for balloon and he'd be spot on.

edit on 10-8-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: donktheclown

Anyone who states that they know it's this or that, is full of crap.

Sorry but ....

LOL...yeah. Crazy eh?

This would make a fascnimating study for phychologists....the absolute willingness of some people to believe anything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join