It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unarmed college football player shot by rookie cop

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Not true in the least. I don't automatically accept a cops word that a suspect was aggressive because I feel that there's plenty of evidence that a lot of cops lie about that. It was clear I said that because that is the cops defense. It's clear that you don't like that I feel that way. If anyone here is being disingenuous, it's you.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

It was clear I said that because that is the cops defense.

Given that, it's clear that you arbitrarily misrepresented the event, with bias. Disingenuous.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: akira131

Your link isn't working for me. Anybody else having an issue with it?

I'm interested in the local response so if we can get that fixed (or me pointed in the right direction) I would appreciate it

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: wastedown
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

San Angelo also has an extremely high teenage pregnacy rate.

I am too curious to see where this goes.. A week before he is dead he Tweets that he "doesn't want to die too young"? Get's killed by a 49 year old Rook, 4 months out of the Academy? That part is news in itself, how often does a 49 year old guy even get accepted to the Academy? Arlington is a modern city, not some podunk one horse town..

It all seems so strange.

well..."extremely high" in relation to the rest of the nation? Sure. Compared to other communities in the Permian Basin/Concho River region? Not really. I think theirs is lower than any of the communities along I20 between Pecos and Merkel

I don't know what the reputation of the department is in Arlington. I know the parents of a couple of guys who were hired there out of the academy, but they were young at the time.

My wife isn't conspiracy minded....but she keeps telling me she smells something funny here. What she keeps going back to was his completion of deferred adjudication in the last years or so (drug charges), and his football season coming up in the next week or so. Maybe he got ahold of some bath salts or something. something that caused an acute onset of psychosis.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

yourself

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Obviously, your urge to reply overcame contemplation.
So be it.

Its more like this: the way it works is, we are policed voluntarily. That is the way its supposed to work, anyway. The police are there because as a society we decided we wanted to make sure we had someone dedicated to preserving public safety. They aren't there because a subjugating force has required them to be.

Although, given the way things are today...its far more like a subjugating force.

RE: your post....i get the last half of it, and don't disagree. I tell my son the difference between him and me is in a fight i don't mind grabbing a handful of groin and twisting. Younger guys are squeamish about that sort of stuff. My response was to the first half, where it is pointed out that people don't know how to comply with lawful requests. Because I still beleive we are policed voluntarily/willingly.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Just because a car was smashed into doesn't mean by the time the police showed up, the person on the lot looking around was the person who did it. Car dealerships are lit up at night, i have seen people checking out new vehicles at night before.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

sanangelolive.com...

I'll try again. if that link doesn't work it is
www.sanangelolive.com

then to their news,

2nd column 3rd row

haven't done a whole lot of posting since joining, perhaps I am doing/did something wrong

edit on 8-8-2015 by akira131 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: akira131

That one works. Thanks for the update on it. A good bit more info in that article than the initial one.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

anytime

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Could be if people gave up committing crimes, many of these shootings would not happen.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Blah blah, the dead guy was black and unarmed so it must be a racist psychopathic cop, blah blah etc.

These stories with sensational headlines are getting old.

I guess "Adult male criminal assaults police officer while resisting arrest and gets shot by officer defending himself" doesn't have the same ring to it.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
Just because a car was smashed into doesn't mean by the time the police showed up, the person on the lot looking around was the person who did it. Car dealerships are lit up at night, i have seen people checking out new vehicles at night before.

Oh sure, there's a lot of folks walking around a car dealership after midnight in the middle of it being burglarized...

Those innocent bystanders also regularly fight with police officers, as well. Yep, it's almost a daily occurrence around here.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Those innocent bystanders also regularly fight with police officers, as well. Yep, it's almost a daily occurrence around here.

Trespassing after hours inside the damaged building kind of rules out the "Innocent bystander" angle, obviously. But in his defense, he might have been in an altered state of mind and was just going after the ball, not the player.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Nice football analogy.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Press conference scheduled for 8 pm CT

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Press conference scheduled for 8 pm CT

Any idea who may carry it live?
I really want to see this one, especially
being on late Saturday evening.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

All the alerts I'm seeing are coming from NBC DFW.

Side note: the dealership has released video of the deceased prior to PD arrival. All I have found so far is one screen cap. Still looking.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Thank you. Just watched it live on NBCDFW

Not much new, just the pledge to be open and transparent with the public.
It's just a wait and see from here.

The video from the dealership is HERE. NBCDFW is on top of it tonite.
edit on 8 8 2015 by retiredTxn because: Forgot something. My bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join