It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing you own? Show & tell ATS style.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

Are you kidding? That is exactly what I am talking about. Being a hard core Zelda fan and all. Do you know any Zelda song spells?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
ok ill chime in hear tho not so odd but probly rare

i own a Chu-ko-nubasicaly a chinese repeating crossbow mainly used to take down horses

mine was made bye a frind whos obsessed with them hes got one thats 500lb draw on a tripod and fires rebar
en.wikipedia.org...

and next up my water fountan really wishg i had some pics on hand but

www.youtube.com... its only 1/2 a min

made mine from pvc pipe comes off my osmoses filter and waters plants that have a high tollerance to salt

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Great thread topic. I have all kinds of stuff. Ill take some time to think this one over.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

What is the strangest thing you own? Show & tell ATS style.

Great idea for a thread!

don't really want to post a pic of my son

So you own your son? What has this to do with the thread?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Those are cute; didn't they come with fur lining originally?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I found out about 2 weeks ago that I am in the possession of human ashes.

Why is that strange you might ask?

I have no idea who it is. Strange story but true.

Jude

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I have a teapot with feet. This is NOT a picture of mine, but it's similar.

Mine is all tan, and there are no shoes painted on, and the top is a little different. It's packed up at the moment, though, hence the similar pic.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I have a table made out of a whiskey barrel by my grandfather. My cousin has a piano seat made out of a whiskey barrel by my grandfather, who was a carpenter by trade.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I like this thread...hmm let's see what strange things I possess.

I have an old American Indian pipe that is pretty neat, it has a brass bowl and a wolf carved on it. It's turn of the century era.

Lol the oddest thing though is probably a toy I found at a yard sale years ago still new in the box from the early 80's. It's a keytar in the shape of a pink SR-71 Blackbird. I have no idea why I own this haha.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
While our home is a bit of a carefully curated curiosity cabinet, I'd think that this one is quite strange...we found it at the local fleamarket and paid only 4 EUR for it. A dark and elaborately carved wooden rod topped with a beautifully crafted human skull. We named it Carmen and have NO idea what its purpose is. XD

We live in an area where voodoo isn't a thing, but maybe some traveller brought it back from elsewhere. A friend suggested it may have something to do with the Thule society of Nazi times, but if anyone has a clue, I'd be happy to hear it.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

Not so much strange as interesting, but I was digging out an inaccessible area at the rear of 175 year old school which was being converted to houses. 7 feet of dirt/mud with each layer showing the decade, such as mid 90's nokia phones at the top, soda/pop cans from the 1980's below that, then a few more feet of rusted things, until I reached the bottom and found these:

The one on the left is clearly an inkwell from the days of fountain pens, and I'm guessing the other two are the same, but different styles.
All definitely from the 1840's, I just wonder how badly the child who threw them out there got caned.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

That's awesome! My property has a old dump and sometimes I dig and find cool bottles too.

Do they have seams, If they don't that could mean they were hand blown.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

No seams, and they have a strange 'mother of pearl' sheen to the rather imperfect glass. I think they're pretty cool, if only because they are real local history.
I keep meaning to get around to giving them a proper clean, might go put them in a bleach solution now.

...I'd be digging that dump all the time if I was at your place, I love old stuff!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Battlefresh

Can you take a picture of your keytar, that sounds amazing!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I run a home-biz, and have a LOT of weird stuff.
Moon landing newpapers and Time Magazines, lots of Tibetan stuff...

One of the city's best thrift-stores is dangerously close to my bank. I keep finding great stuff in there.
I came across this articulated wooden cobra, and thought, "he needs a basket!"
I looked down and there was one right there. I paid I think $9 for both. A friend noticed auction tags on the basket. I finally found one just like it on Ebay for $250. I super-glued two Indian red rubys on for eyes, and wrapped his blue copper tongue. I glued sharks-teeth on for fangs but they break off all the time.

and this is my Levitron with a UFO a friend made me floating on it.

cool thread, may be back with some more weird stuff...
edit on 10-8-2015 by KAOStheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

Very nice! I love thrifting, I used to have some really cool stuff but my ex kept it all.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Gods actually. But in the TV show they were aliens. So yeah, Aliens.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
traffic lights. I have no idea why, but we have traffic lights in our shed.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Probably one of the weirdest things I have is a prop skull with engraved runes. When I cosplay as Dresden (from Dresden Files), I use it for "Bob" (character in the books and TV show that is trapped in the skull). I actually had it signed by both the actor who played Dresden in the show (Paul Blackthorne, currently on Arrow), and the author of the books (Jim Butcher)... I still need it signed by James Marsters though (who voices him on the audio books)...

Though, the ranch has plenty of weird stuff, that's for sure.

I guess another one, would be that my wife and I have full suits of studded leather armor, and we display them on mannequins on both sides of our entertainment center in the living room, lol.
edit on 1-2-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join