It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane Debris Belongs To Missing Flight MH370

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: GetOutOfMyRoad

You said anecdotes aren't evidence. Those are anecdotes, so are they allowed or not? Simple yes or no question.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I found this to be a rather interesting news article.
The morning the plane went missing there were several reports of it flying low over the Maldives,
and in May they started to find airplane pieces which are being looked at now I guess.
The entire article offers a different direction of the airplane based on eyewitness accounts and pieces that now have washed up on Reunion Island and possibly The Maldives.

One compelling account came from 47-year-old court official Abdu Rasheed Ibrahim, who said he watched a very large plane bank slightly before hearing a 'loud noise'.

The reference to the aircraft banking fits in with a theory that the flaps - which control banking - were down because it is a torn-away wing flap that has been found on La Reunion.

A number of witnesses to the low-flying aircraft have filed police reports, among them Ahmed Shiyaam, a 34-year-old IT manager, who said he was 'very sure of what I saw on a very clear and bright day. And what I saw was not normal. The plane was very big and low.'

There have been suggestions that the Maldives government, which had dismissed the eyewitness accounts, did so because it was embarrassed that its security services did not have a radar system efficient enough to identify a 'foreign' aircraft entering its air space.

www.dailymail.co.uk... plane-vanished.html

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

OK that author is kind of an idiot. The flaps don't control banking. The piece found serves as both flap and aileron, which is what controls banking.

According to what I've been reading the models show that parts near the current search area would be able to reach the island, and this is in the time frame they would take to get there.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yeah, that does seem to be the leading theory on where the plane is and current flow, however, so does the Maldives with possible eye witness accounts.

Not so sure about the writer of the article as they do site BIN for a part of it, however, it does offer some food for thought,
and a possibility that might warrant further investigation.
(Article does say that they are looking at the parts found)

I remember hearing about the eye witness accounts the day after the plane disappeared,
so I am wondering if it is true or not.
I guess only time will tell,
but it fits more into what I am thinking about the plane.

Honestly, I just want them to find it...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

OK that author is kind of an idiot. The flaps don't control banking. The piece found serves as both flap and aileron, which is what controls banking.

According to what I've been reading the models show that parts near the current search area would be able to reach the island, and this is in the time frame they would take to get there.

Of course the author was an idiot, its from the Daily Fail ffs. The Daily Mail is known as the daily fail due to its idiotic staff and poor editing, and over sensationalization.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

So nothing heavy can be washed ashore is that what you are assuming look at this link BMW Motorbikes

From the link.

Opportunists salvage BMW motorbikes from shipping containers washed up on the beach at Branscombe, Devon, following the beaching of the cargo ship MSC Napoli

If YOU don't understand how something can happen don't assume it can't.

I suggest that you ACTUALY read my post, please point out where i said nothing heavy could be washed ashore. Ships containers in the main are watertight and contain air, thus, will float.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

originally posted by: wmd_2008
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

So nothing heavy can be washed ashore is that what you are assuming look at this link BMW Motorbikes

From the link.

Opportunists salvage BMW motorbikes from shipping containers washed up on the beach at Branscombe, Devon, following the beaching of the cargo ship MSC Napoli

If YOU don't understand how something can happen don't assume it can't.

I suggest that you ACTUALY read my post, please point out where i said nothing heavy could be washed ashore. Ships containers in the main are watertight and contain air, thus, will float.

Ok. You at least allude to nothing with added water weight, thus heavy, can float.

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

ok, 1 litre of water = 1kg weight, fill this section up with water and it far outweighs the weight of the composites / aluminium, whatever it was made of. Tell me how it floated? and i also take it, because barnacles were on all surfaces, it must have constantly rotated (feasible), like i say, barnacles don't go walking around looking for the best position, in fact, they don't like to be exposed to air / sun, they tend to die very quickly if they are looking for a sun bed spot.

Cheers

CbG ...... i'm only looking for answers, your explanation regarding high tide takes me somewhat there with the pristine, intact barnacle issue

Just because something's got holes or is waterlogged doesn't mean it can't retain buoyancy. If that were the case, my kid's pink plastic piggy bank would sink, too, but it floats. There's more to buoyancy than just whether or not a void is filled.
And it's not any of our fault you don't understand this, so chill.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia -- Malaysia said Friday that most of the debris found in Maldives were not from a plane and were unrelated to the missing Malaysian jet.

www.cbsnews.com...

Well, I guess that answers that on the Maldives.

The word "MOST" makes me wonder, but then they have not examined everything yet, but it is a pretty good indicator that none of it is probably from MH 370.

edit on 15-8-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Oh, i understand buoyancy perfectly well thanks.

We'll leave it at that

CbG

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
So what happened to the French investigation?

Seems they stilll didn't confirm it.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SerialDrilla

Because it's not just a case of looking at the serial numbers inside and going to a short list of parts installed and finding it.

An initial inspection of a wing piece from Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is complete, Australian authorities said on Wednesday, raising expectations that new details about the jetliner that vanished in March 2014 could be released shortly.

"The French-led investigation team examining the flaperon has concluded the first phase of inspection work," the Australian Transportation Safety Bureau said in web posting.

"French authorities will, in consultation with Malaysia, report on progress in due course," the posting added.

mobile.reuters.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Because it's not just a case of looking at the serial numbers inside and going to a short list of parts installed and finding it.

What is it then?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join