It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane Debris Belongs To Missing Flight MH370

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

A wing fragment found on Reunion Island has been confirmed to be part of missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370.

The news, confirmed by the Malaysian prime minister, ends a 515-day search for the plane following a crash that killed all 239 people on board.

Not much information coming out, except that it has been confirmed that the wing fragment washed up on Reunion Island is from flight MH370.

Let's hope they eventually find the remainder including the flight recorders, so that this mystery can be resolved once and for all.

Thoughts and prayers with all the families related to this tragedy.

edit on 5/8/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

The conspiracy theorists are going to be devastated.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

False Flag declaration in 3.....2......1

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor

"washed up"? OK, i am going to put this out there.

1, it didn't wash up on a sandy beach, it washed up on a rocky beach, average size of rocks = tennis ball size
2, unless someone used it as a surf board, it did not come ashore on top of one wave (feasible but unlikely) . The motion of the ocean's tend to take it in, then out, then in, then out, repeat for hours, before finally one wave will push it onto shore.
3, this in out motion, especially on a rocky beach will have erosion properties
4, To get barnacles on ALL surfaces the part has to be submerged, barnacles tend not to walk around once attached
5, this piece was not watertight and also had drainage holes, 2 man lift due to its size ..... perhaps Boeing should make ships as well, if this piece was buoyant with this amount of damage and drain holes.

Dun Dun Dun! if it washed up why did barnacles survive on ALL surfaces? erosion would have wiped them clean at least on one surface. FACT, this part had barnacles on ALL surfaces .......... "washed up" or surfed in or dropped (planted), you, the experts enlighten me please

CbG

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

If it came in on a high tide, and simply rested itself as the tide went down, which does happen with a lot of stuff that comes ashore, that could account for the amount of barnacles left on it.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

ok, 1 litre of water = 1kg weight, fill this section up with water and it far outweighs the weight of the composites / aluminium, whatever it was made of. Tell me how it floated? and i also take it, because barnacles were on all surfaces, it must have constantly rotated (feasible), like i say, barnacles don't go walking around looking for the best position, in fact, they don't like to be exposed to air / sun, they tend to die very quickly if they are looking for a sun bed spot.

Cheers

CbG ...... i'm only looking for answers, your explanation regarding high tide takes me somewhat there with the pristine, intact barnacle issue

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

excuse me, why are you on a conspiracy theorist forum?

i remain sceptic. i'm not the one who accepts any official news blindly.
the case remains mysterious.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I have my own theory on this part of the wing,
that the plane crashed much closer to Reunion Island and not all the way across the Indian ocean.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This is a good link that shows how the debris may have moved.

Some really bittersweet news. I'm so glad that the families finally have some closure, but it's still got to be pretty devastating as human beings hang on to even the slimmest sliver of hope. I fear some still will.

Hopefully they will be able to narrow down the rest of the debris field and figure out what caused this tragedy. The loved ones deserve to know.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
This is a good link that shows how the debris may have moved.

Some really bittersweet news. I'm so glad that the families finally have some closure, but it's still got to be pretty devastating as human beings hang on to even the slimmest sliver of hope. I fear some still will.

Hopefully they will be able to narrow down the rest of the debris field and figure out what caused this tragedy. The loved ones deserve to know.

Thanks for that, still don't explain my questions though

CbG

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Yeah they do.

I am seriously hoping that finding this piece leads to the rest of the plane.
I know there was talk about the barnacles possibly being a clue as to where it might of crashed,
I'm hoping and very interested in hearing more on that when they start releasing whatever they might find out about this piece of the plane.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Au contraire !

Where are the other bits ? I would expect to see other fragments from suitcases , etc.

Having lived in that part of the world, I am aware of the currents that would bring floating pieces of debris from thousands of miles from the east. For example , on the east coast of Mauritius (an island 150 miles east of Reunion Island) you can still find volcanic rocks (pierre ponce) on its beach. They came from the eruption of Krakatoa in Indonesia a very long time ago. These boyant "lava rocks" were transported thousand of miles by the currents in the indian ocean.

What I do not uderstand is why nothing was found on the east coast of Mauritius or other parts of Reunion Island or Madagascar for that matter.There must be thousands of pieces of debris travelling across the ocean , if the flaperon made it to Reunion. Where are these othe pieces ? Some conspiracy theorist are saying the flaperon was planted.

Diego Garcia is not very far away from Reunion . It is an American base on an Island leased from the UK. So the conspiracy theorist will be even more active now.

I too feel very sad for the passengers and families but the way that they have been treated by the authorities is just shocking. I cannot forget how the Malaysian Defense minister agreed with a journalist on Twitter that the loss of MH370 was " a blessing in disguise".

edit on 5-8-2015 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2015 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Indeed...Where is the rest of the wreckage? Why did only one piece manage to make it onto this island? And how did it end up so far onto it? It just seems a little too convenient that a piece this big has so far been the only trace of the airplane found. Of course if it isn't part of MH370, would they actually say so? I don't think so. Because now they can say it's in the ocean and everyone is dead as opposed to saying "well a bunch of hijackers stole this multimillion dollar aircraft and we have no clue where it is."

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

A wing fragment found on Reunion Island has been confirmed to be part of missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370.

The news, confirmed by the Malaysian prime minister, ends a 515-day search for the plane following a crash that killed all 239 people on board.

Not much information coming out, except that it has been confirmed that the wing fragment washed up on Reunion Island is from flight MH370.

Let's hope they eventually find the remainder including the flight recorders, so that this mystery can be resolved once and for all.

Good luk believing Malaysian authorities

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

couple things bother me.

If this thing which is about about 5-6 feet long and about a half a metre wide got washed ashore why are there no BROKEN barnacles on it even if it washed ashore on a sand beach.

IF this thing got washed ashore it would wash up and down the beach in the wash of the wave before it got 'deposited' on the sand or the stones whatever.

If this thing is off a plane that crashed from miles up in the air, why is this thing not even dented or damaged? It would not make any difference whether or not the plane fell parallel to the water or if it when down nose first, why is it not dented when it smacked the water with a force that might similar to hitting concrete? Why is it not dented, bent, cracked, split?

Why could it float for 12 months or so in the ocean and have not have bite marks in it from ocean creatures given its reasonable size and whitish silvery colour similar to many fish lures etc? Not saying it should, but putting all this together this thing could just as easily have been put in a cage or a tank in the sea for 12 months or so could it not?

Lets not even think about the possibility of this thing having a hole in it to even out the pressure differential at different altitudes and prevent it from constantly stressing and flexing and bowing and cracking in flight from constant stressing which induces fatigue into steel or aluminum.

If it does have foam on the inside and hole in it to even out air pressure at different altitudes the air in the foam would be eventually be forced out by the water would it not??

Something does just not gell here even if it has all the right numbers on the inside of it. Do they put part numbers on every single item that goes into a plane and are those numbers unique to that plane and no other?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

So nothing heavy can be washed ashore is that what you are assuming look at this link BMW Motorbikes

From the link.

Opportunists salvage BMW motorbikes from shipping containers washed up on the beach at Branscombe, Devon, following the beaching of the cargo ship MSC Napoli

If YOU don't understand how something can happen don't assume it can't.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DragonFire1024

It wasn't only one piece.

DEBRIS from missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 was burnt by people on the island of Reunion after they stumbled across seats and suitcases in May, it has been claimed.

Residents on the Indian Ocean island appear not to have realised the significance of the find instead believing some of the wreckage was blue bus seats.

Beach cleaner Nicolas Ferrier claims to have come across the haul in early May but dismissed it as the hunt for the jet was taking place thousands of miles away.

The claims follows confirmation that a piece of wing that washed up on a beach last week came from the same aircraft model as the missing jet.

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It wasn't only one piece.

Anecdotes are not evidence, and sofar not even the obvious airplane piece that was actually found is proven to be from MH370.

I am sure you are aware of this.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GetOutOfMyRoad

And yet, people have sworn up and down they knew where the plane was based on anecdote. So is it ok, or not? If we're going to throw this out too, then we have to throw out ALL alleged sightings of the aircraft.

The part is from a 777. Unless you're aware of another 777 that is missing a flaperon in this area, then it's from the plane, and is just waiting on confirmation from Boeing.

More debris found.
edit on 8/7/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

some of which could be debris from the plane, though this needs to be verified.

Could be.....like I said, you can't say that more pieces were found because you have no idea if they came off MH370.

And yet, people have sworn up and down they knew where the plane was based on anecdote. So is it ok, or not? If we're going to throw this out too, then we have to throw out ALL alleged sightings of the aircraft.

Straw man argument. Has nothing to do with me or what I said.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join