It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men clothes and shoes sucks! Women gets everything!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'm tired of all these women clothes stores with no men designs. I'm tired of Women getting all the comfortable shoes and having better design!

There are not enough clothing varieties for men. Most are all hoodies and jeans.

There are less and less market for men clothing since 2000, it is like we are all dressing up for private school while women gets all kind of varieties.

All the shoes are freaking ugly. You have to go to Walmart now to get good looking shoes, yet they don't last that long. All the shoes look like it is for playing basketball, skateboard or going to work with a suit. All of them are ugly designs and not enough variety. Women has even better design variety and they are more comfortable. I have to buy female shoes with men color on them.

This is so sad, it is like the Olympics or Skateboard companies are taking over men clothing since the Ads. I freaking have to go to Chinatown to get a different looking shoe. I hate "Foot Locker" the most all they have is basketballs style shoes. I'm looking for cool looking normal running shoes, you just can't find them anywhere anymore. I hope the other shoe companies goes down before Walmart for making one style design shoes for men.

edit on 3-8-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Then, the recourse is to get yourself madeover.
Everybody is doing it these days.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Men clothes and shoes sucks! Women gets everything!!

Then take a walk on the wild side and cross dress.

Or start your own design studio and make the changes you want.

It's the digital age so it could all be done on line. It's really not that difficult...have your line mfg. in Korea, sent back and market at any of the NY apparel mkts.
edit on 3-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

You have to go to Walmart now to get good looking shoes, yet they don't last that long.

........I do not understand this statement.

What types of clothing would you like to be wearing?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

This sounds like one of those "before they were famous" interview excerpts about your first realization that you were destined to become a world-class fashion designer.

Do it. I agree. Men are usually dressed like they are homeless and it's totally not their fault (not always).

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I'll give you credit, men don't have as many options when it comes to clothing as women do, but I don't agree with you when it comes to comfortable shoes. Women have very few option in terms of comfort when it comes to shoes. The best looking shoes always hurt like hell.

I don't think a comfortable shoe exists at wal-mart. At least not for women. There is no shortage of hideous looking shoes for both men and women. Even pricier shoes don't last anymore.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Do it. I agree. Men are usually dressed like they are homeless and it's totally not their fault (not always).

Hey, I resemble that remark...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Hey, I resemble that remark...

It's not your fault!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
I'll give you credit, men don't have as many options when it comes to clothing as women do, but I don't agree with you when it comes to comfortable shoes. Women have very few option in terms of comfort when it comes to shoes. The best looking shoes always hurt like hell.

I don't think a comfortable shoe exists at wal-mart. At least not for women. There is no shortage of hideous looking shoes for both men and women. Even pricier shoes don't last anymore.

Walmart isn't that great, but at least they have different looking shoes unlike Foot Locker. Wal-Mart shoes usually don't last more than a year. There are way more female shoes than men when it comes to shoe stores.

I'm not talking about high heels those are different. Some of the Female shoes could be seen as men design if they just changed the size a little and sometimes color. I see way more cooler looking shoes from female side than men.
edit on 3-8-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Have you considered cross dressing?....

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
hmmmmm.
i do just fine

jeans? yup
t shirt? yup
pair of low top shoes? yup
the ever faithful steel toe boots? yup
im all good.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I think you've got it wrong. Men have really comfortable clothing. My wife is always complaining about her heels!

Function over fashion! My wife calls me a minimalist because I only have 2 pairs of shoes.

If you want something more than a t-shirt and blue jeans then you need to go to a more girly store.

H&M, American Eagle, Abercrombie Fitch. Just go to the mall and wander around.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

To be honest, that's just because of your cultural norms. You could always dress in the traditional male clothing from other cultures. Like a Sarong/Pareo worn in many parts of the world:

Or the traditional Buddhist monk robes:

Or traditional Saudi clothing:

Or traditional Native American clothing:

Or traditional Roman togas:

If you haven't noticed by now, what we call "dresses" are (or were) considered male clothing in A LOT of other cultures. Just pointing that out because you mentioned that women's clothing has more varieties. But really, the problem is that we've narrowed down what we consider "male clothing" until we're left with few options.

And no, I'm not trolling. I love a lot of the traditional clothes from other cultures simply because of how different it is. If I was buff & better in martial arts, I'd probably walk around in Buddhist monk styled outfits. Or in a long, dark colored sarong with arm guards & my survival backpack (like a fighting game character. I'm serious.)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

You said "if you were buffed". I think you stumbled on part of the reason men's fashion in the western world has become what it is. When men wanted women to notice their money instead of their massive guts, they decided to start shifting fashion in a way that hid one but showed the other.

A well-built man in a sarong will get plenty of attention from the ladies and plenty of hate from poorly-dressed out-of-shape guys.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

a reply to: enlightenedservant

You said "if you were buffed". I think you stumbled on part of the reason men's fashion in the western world has become what it is. When men wanted women to notice their money instead of their massive guts, they decided to start shifting fashion in a way that hid one but showed the other.

A well-built man in a sarong will get plenty of attention from the ladies and plenty of hate from poorly-dressed out-of-shape guys.

Oh I agree. I don't think it's a coincidence that "professional" male attire in the West usually covers everything on us except our faces & hands lol. I also think that's why they try to brainwash females to "love a man in a uniform". So women will focus more on our social status & rank than on our actual qualities & appearances. Just my proverbial 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
As a female I know what you mean as in limited styles as opposed to what's trendy or what stores sell as trendy to fit body types(for both males and females-don't get me started with vanity sizes!). While agreeing that us women do have more options for style.

Try thrift shopping that's always fun and never know what you'll find. Discount stores, such as Ross have deals on designer clothes, sometimes cheaper and way better quality than WalMart. Internet shopping helps. Look for a style or styles that interest you on Ebay, etc. or just look into general you might find something interesting. Also, if you know any one handy into DYI fashion and or with a sowing machine, send over a design you're looking for.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Go where the rock stars go.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Yes, you're right. Mens clothing is bland in comparrison to Womens.

Blame it on the change of the ages. Men used to look amazing in the 1800's and earlier because people still had style. I really liked that era, Men looked pretty hot back then. But, times change and well i don't think most men would want to wear frilly cuffed clothing unless they were in a movie or theatre play. I always wondered though why things changed so radically... But as a Woman i'm glad because there's no way i'd be caught dead wearing what women wore back then ex corsets.

Good thought out thread though. Makes you wonder what the next 'cool' style will be and if we'll all vomit over it or accept it as being 'cool'.
edit on 8/4/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
back in the day when I played in a rock band one summer the singer and drummer wanted to go shopping for stuff to wear for the next upcomming gig.

so we go to Melrose and they go into some trendy store and went straight to the women's section. I'm sorta confused as to what they're doing so I finally ask. and they both turn look at me and say. in rock always wear women's clothes on stage. the cuts, seams and hemlines are more flattering. I didn't buy into it. but i had to agree that they were right. they honestly did look more rocker wearing women's jeans on stage then mens.

as for me I was always the classy one on stage n wore sneakers, a button down and some loose jeans.

those two guys technically wearing women's clothes in public but damn did they get a lot more action from the women then I ever did.
edit on 4-8-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join