It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men clothes and shoes sucks! Women gets everything!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

ah like when Obama wore his mom jeans? yeah.. no that was totally not cool.. I like completely disagree. Maybe they had hips because womens jeans have huge hips which is why i can't wear them. anyways... that's my opinion

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

naw these guys were going for skinny jeans. like size 3 and down.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

I can understand where you are coming from on that score. Clothing choices for men are somewhat... limited. But only on the high street. If you know what you want, you can shop for it with the Internet, and if you would rather shop in the real world, you can use the net to discover locations catering to your taste in threads. That is how I came to own two of the most outlandish shirts in the universe!

The other option, something I am looking into myself at the moment, is making your own clobber. It is my intention to build a hooded, sleeveless trench coat with a very deep drop hood. I am looking to make it out of recycled denim clothes that I already own, but do not fit me, with some charity shop purchases thrown in to fill out the rest of the material that I will need.

If I get really frisky with it, I might put some wifi speakers into it too, so that I can be a walking heavy metal jukebox if the mood takes me!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

i don't see why they wouldnt be wearing mens jeans tho, i don't have huge hips and mens jeans fit way snugger. So these guys must've had like huge child bearing hips to want to wear womens jeans.. wow.. just seems strange to me unless they're like really muscle bound.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
This post is about shoes. I'm weirdly passionate about people getting good quality shoes.

WalMart and Footlocker are TERRIBLE places to buy fashionable shoes. Footlocker is geared towards athletic shoes. They may be fashionable to some, but they certainly won't have any other variety. WalMart is just terrible quality, terrible looking, and still not a great selection. Go to places like Nordstrom Rack or Ross or even thrift stores. Try shopping online, there are places where they will send you shoes, you can try the fit and if you don't like them for whatever reason ship them back for a refund for free.

You shouldn't cheap out on shoes. I'm surprised you get a year out of WalMart shoes. There's an old adage that you shouldn't be cheap when purchasing anything that separates you from the ground; mattress, tires and shoes. Shoes aren't just a fashion statement, they're important for your health and well being.

Spending more will also save you a TON in the long run (heh). Yeah, $150+ may seem like a lot for a pair of shoes, but if they last you 10 years and keep you comfortable, protected and your body lined up correctly they are worth every penny.

I just bought a pair of boots for $200 and was glad to do it. The last pair I purchased more than 10 years ago is still in my closet, they're just getting a little stretched. I don't consider $200 expensive, I consider it a smart investment (and a slight bump up from minimum cost for good boots). My girlfriend (who is incredibly frugal) just spent $400 on a pair of field boots for a horse show she participated in. Why? Because they will last her forever. Because they fit correctly from the tip of her toe to her knee, won't hurt her feet, and will stand up to all the abuse associated with riding horses. The zippers on the back are buttery smooth, the stitching isn't going to wear out, the little area where the spurs fit is in the right place down to the millimeter, and they also look fantastic.

If you're smart you buy the best quality footwear you can afford. Let's use my $200 pair of cowboy/work boots as an example. Let's say I bought a $50 pair every two years (and let's be honest, it would be every year). So, $50 x 12 years is $600. Now realize just how crappy those boots would have been. They wouldn't offer the same support, they would wear poorly, and they would look crappy, the soles and tread would wear unevenly and not be slip resistant, and they would become trash in 2 years (again, it would be 1 year or less with daily use). If we look at a more realistic number, $50 every year, that's $1200. That's a long time to keep buying boots that are uncomfortable, look terrible, and function poorly. So I look at a $200 pair of boots as saving $500+, getting a good warranty, looking good, being comfortable, avoiding blisters, not worrying about "hot spots", not needing to spend time breaking them in every year or two, not worrying about the boot stretching out, not worrying about the soles being slippery, and not second guessing my purchase every time I pull them on.

Research brands, look for deals and find something that fits the top of your budget and feels wonderful on your feet. Your feet are more important than you realize. Crappy footwear can cause all sorts of problems, and not just at your feet. Footwear can affect your posture, your safety, and your wallet. If you pay attention, you'll notice how often the fairer sex looks at shoes. This is because they're smart. What you wear on your feet says a LOT about you. Women know shoes, and they can spot a crappy pair a mile away. Your don't have to be fancy, but they shouldn't scream poor taste, low class, or poor quality.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
There's nothing wrong with a nice, sharp suit. Add a clean shirt and spiffy tie and you'll look amazing plus probably get a nicer attitude from people you deal with than if you look too outlandish or scruffy.

On casual days, stick to black topped off with some tasteful silver jewellery and a smart belt.

Paying close attention to accessories can make a huge difference to a look. Cuff links can set off a suit, so can a tie-pin.

Add a dash of something pleasantly pongy - maybe that could be your 'thing'. Keep the look simple but always smell extra nice

Keep shoes plain and dark. NEVER wear light trousers with black shoes -
And no white socks.

edit on 4-8-2015 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Editing because it's been pointed out to me that I have a bit of trouble communicating if it's not face to face, and my joking around doesn't translate well.
edit on 0420150820151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Pleasantly pongy was just a play on words.

I always wear black - casual or not. Makes laundry day so much easier, but it's not for everybody.

Jewellery and accessories are great. Small, easily portable. Classic styles don't go out of fashion and they can be sold in times of hardship. Pirates didn't wear those earrings for nothing.

As always, I was just trying to be helpful and make some suggestions the OP might not have thought of.

BUT - I fashion my look after Star Wars, so what would I know? Happily I'm rather isolated and nobody cares what I look like.

Well, thanks Domo. I'm buggered if I'm going to delete my reply to you after I put so much thought into it. Just put your post back, if you please

edit on 4-8-2015 by berenike because: It's Domo's fault

edit on 4-8-2015 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
Yes, you're right. Mens clothing is bland in comparrison to Womens.

Blame it on the change of the ages. Men used to look amazing in the 1800's and earlier because people still had style. I really liked that era, Men looked pretty hot back then.

Men's clothing from the 1800's is sexy as hell. I keep telling my husband that, he just looks at me like I am nuts. Can't blame a girl for trying though.

I have the opposite problem with jeans though. I have a hard time finding jeans with hips that are big enough that aren't too lose in the waist and sag in the rear. Unfortunately, wide hips doesn't always equate a large rear. I wonder if it is a location issue. It seems like where i am at in the western part of the U.S. the big clothing push is for women without shape or the opposite extreme and shape everywhere.
edit on 8/4/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
As a woman who hates choosing outfits and wearing makeup to look more professional at work.....

I WISH I could just wear simple suit, or a hoodie and sweatpants. I wish I didn't need 50 outfits for each season, and 20 different shoes to go with them.

-Alee

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I partially agree with you. I tend to wear mostly t-shirts and cargo's, so I'm pretty unfashionable. lol But my favorite color is purple, and it's extremely hard to find men's clothing in purple. Especially the shade of purple I like. Yet, when I'm clothes shopping with the Mrs., I see purple all over the place, and in the shade I like, too!!!

Even the other day I was shopping for new boxers, and I couldn't find a damn purple one to save my life. Blues, blacks, greys, whites, reds, maroons, sure, all of those exist. But no love for purple.

Bastards.....XD

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

So... us gentlemen do not often wear frilly collars and cuffs eh?

Well dear lady, I beg to differ! So much so, in fact, that my image came out sideways!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Very nice frills indeedy TruBrit
love it!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I may be weird, but loud colors, patterns, and unusual fabrics just don't appeal to me. If the stores I shop at did sell them I still wouldn't buy them. They make me feel like a clown.

I don't stress over my clothes. I'm fine with the basics, as long as they protect my man junk from mosquito bites and sunburns.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Not sure where you shop but I think men have it better than women when it comes to fashion.

All my suits will never go out of style, my shoes are all classic and my ties are as well.

My dress shirts, since I have been the same weight since high school all fit and my sport shirts, while trendy, are still stylish even though some of them date from the 90's.

My wife's clothes go in and out of style within 6 months typically and unless she buys something classic (black dress/shoes, conservative handbag/accessories) she wears them a few times and that is that.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Not sure where you shop but I think men have it better than women when it comes to fashion.

All my suits will never go out of style, my shoes are all classic and my ties are as well.

My dress shirts, since I have been the same weight since high school all fit and my sport shirts, while trendy, are still stylish even though some of them date from the 90's.

My wife's clothes go in and out of style within 6 months typically and unless she buys something classic (black dress/shoes, conservative handbag/accessories) she wears them a few times and that is that.

Out of style, lol. That is only for a lot of woman who thinks their dress will be out of style. Suits are becoming out of style because too many men wearing them now a days, especially for work. Suits no longer look natural for everyday environment(my opinion). Already in offices, it seems pretty bad when everyone has to wear a suit now a days. I'm so tired of seeing men in suits running around, especially the government.

Maybe its just you that think your wife's clothes are becoming out of style. The only dress I see wrong is the women pioneer dress, they look ugly, especially the cap.
edit on 4-8-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
Out of style, lol. That is only for a lot of woman who thinks their dress will be out of style.

Huh? If 'a lot' of women think their clothes are out of style then they are, perception is reality for them.

Suits are becoming out of style because too many men wearing them now a days, especially for work. Suits no longer look natural for everyday environment(my opinion). Already in offices, it seems pretty bad when everyone has to wear a suit now a days. I'm so tired of seeing men in suits running around, especially the government.

That was not my point. When I wear one of my suits for whatever occasion even the older ones do not look dated.

Maybe its just you that think your wife's clothes are becoming out of style. The only dress I see wrong is the women pioneer dress, they look ugly, especially the cap.

Uh, no. You just stated that 'a lot' of women feel this way as well. If they did not then women's fashion would not change every six months.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Bumping so my husband can find this thread. *sigh* Not that he'll pay attention to what I wrote.

To add to this conversation. I do not by trendy clothes. I buy what I like. I would rather wear something I love than something I hate but only wear to impress others.

Keep in mind why J.C. Penny's almost went under, they got rid of their timeless classics.

Edit to add: He is only on the first page of this thread. I think I am am going to strangle him.
edit on 8/5/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Blaargh! I would if I could! Now I feel bad you took the time!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: berenike

Now I feel bad you took the time!

There's always a silver lining

Hmm.... silver linings? Could look good

(I hope my joking around translates well - there's no hard feelings)

edit on 6-8-2015 by berenike because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join