It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norwegian Police killed no-one since 2006 - gov. report

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Text is from polish website

Z raportu upublicznionego przez norweski rząd wynika, że ostatni raz funkcjonariusz norweskiej policji użył broni zabijając podejrzanego w 2006 roku. "Newsweek", który opisuje raport zwraca uwagę, że USA tylko w 2015 roku funkcjonariusze policji zabili ponad 600 osób. Tymczasem w Norwegii w 2014 roku policjanci sięgali po broń 42 razy, ale strzelali z niej jedynie dwa razy. Żaden z tych strzałów nie ranił podejrzanego.

Większość norweskich policjantów nie nosi przy sobie broni palnej w czasie służby. Broń jest wydawana policjantom jedynie w nadzwyczajnych sytuacjach. Wyjaśniając fenomen norweskiej policji socjolog Guðmundur Oddsson przekonuje, że policjanci nie muszą zbyt często sięgać po broń ze względu na duże zaufanie społeczne jakim się cieszą. - Zaufanie jest bardzo silnym mechanizmem nieformalnej kontroli społecznej. W małych, homogenicznych społeczeństwach - takich jak norweskie - budowanie zaufania jest proste. Ludzie czują się częścią wspólnoty ponieważ wyznają podobne wartości - podkreśla.

source: www.rp.pl...

Last time when Norwegian police officer use his gun was in 2006. Report realize that over 600 people were killed just in 2015 in US by police officers. In 2014, Norway PO's grabbed their guns only 42 times and shot only 2 times!! None of these bullets hits the suspect. Most of norwegian PO do not wear their gun during duty, only in extraordinary situations. Guðmundur Oddsson the sociologist said that numbers are caused because people trust in authority, and PO doing their job very well.

So what about Mother of Democracy? 600 killed in just 2015?! Less were killed in war in Sudan this year.

english source: www.independent.co.uk...

US police killed more people in the first 24 days of 2015 than police in England and Wales did in the last 24 years

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

So what's your point?
US cops are bad?
Norway doesn't have many violent criminals?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

So what's your point?
US cops are bad?

You can paint a larger picture from these statistics, such as standard of living, quality of education, social help, etc.

From what I know off the top of my head the only issues Scandinavian nations really have is depression, which they have a lot of social aid for, and education as well. Whereas the US does not.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Norwegians put zero people in space in 2015.

Random stats from wildly different countries are fun!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

So what's your point?
US cops are bad?

You can paint a larger picture from these statistics, such as standard of living, quality of education, social help, etc.

From what I know off the top of my head the only issues Scandinavian nations really have is depression, which they have a lot of social aid for, and education as well. Whereas the US does not.

And considering all of Norway ' s population could fit in new York City with room to spare.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: residentofearth

Last time when Norwegian police officer use his gun was in 2006.

Not true. There's been several shootings in my home town alone the last years.

How ever the general population in Norway are not allowed to own firearms unless one are registered hunter, and the weapon and ammo must be stored separately locked down when not in use.
edit on 3-8-2015 by Ivar_Karlsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Norway's covert operators whacked 69 of their own children and wounded another 67 in the Utoya Island slaughter of 7-22-11, so I wouldn't exactly hold them up as an example.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Well, power structures tend to reward the biggest gangster, so that doesnt really matter.

As for graduating this plane, many Norwegians are heading homeward, they're in a higher grade!!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

My point is.. You can make traffic stop without blowing someones brain out of head. US police officers are retards that is all. Retard with brain washed with permission to kill anyone 'who have his hands in pockets'.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ivar_Karlsen

Last time when Norwegian police officer use his gun was in 2006.

Not true. There's been several shootings in my home town alone the last years.

How ever the general population in Norway are not allowed to own firearms unless one are registered hunter, and the weapon and ammo must be stored separately locked down when not in use.

Sure I believe You but this is an offical Norwegian's Gov. report. But have You heard about killing someone by police since 2006.? I am looking for some data but failed.

originally posted by: starviego

Norway's covert operators whacked 69 of their own children and wounded another 67 in the Utoya Island slaughter of 7-22-11, so I wouldn't exactly hold them up as an example.

So why US want to be an example for the rest of the world?

edit on Mon, 03 Aug 2015 09:03:18 -0500America/Chicago180303America/Chicago8312015f by residentofearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

My point is.. You can make traffic stop without blowing someones brain out of head. US police officers are retards that is all. Retard with brain washed with permission to kill anyone 'who have his hands in pockets'.

Tell that to the police officer killed this weekend in Memphis. Shot dead by what I'm sure will be called a good boy that never hurt nobody.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

have You heard about killing someone by police since 2006.? I am looking for some data but failed.

Yes, mostly drunk retards going crazy in less populated areas, one even killed a cop. And one gang member in Oslo few years back.
For some reason nothing turns up when i google it.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Tell that to the police officer killed this weekend in Memphis. Shot dead by what I'm sure will be called a good boy that never hurt nobody.

Black,white,black,white...there is more colors over the world. Dont tell me that cop should shot me first and then ask? Lads, I do not justify criminals who shot the cop. But if You wear a badge that DO NOT mean You are above the law or some kind of judge.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Funny but traffic stops happen all the time without someone getting their heads blown off...but of course that doesn't factor into your train of thought does it?

Remember to not call one of those retards the next time your the victim of a crime...because of course all cops are dumb.

Interestingly enough I walked past a police officer with my hands in my pockets and lived to tell about it...you know why?

Not all officers are like those who decide to break the laws they are to enforce.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

But if You wear a badge that DO NOT mean You are above the law or some kind of judge.

I see your not from the US so just a little help for you...

Not all cops believe this, so you can quit lumping all officers into the same category as those few who do.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Shot dead by what I'm sure will be called a good boy that never hurt nobody.

He was on supervised release for robbing a bank if I remember correctly, so I doubt that will be said about him.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

But if You wear a badge that DO NOT mean You are above the law or some kind of judge.

I see your not from the US so just a little help for you...

Not all cops believe this, so you can quit lumping all officers into the same category as those few who do.

Of course I am not the one who put every cop in the world in the one bag, this is nonsense.

Last time when I called the cops they arrived after all, so do not tell me Remember to not call one of those retards the next time your the victim of a crime...because of course all cops are dumb. because I already knew that.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Shot dead by what I'm sure will be called a good boy that never hurt nobody.

He was on supervised release for robbing a bank if I remember correctly, so I doubt that will be said about him.

Lol, yeah maybe.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Here are some more random stats for you, given you enjoy them so much:

Police in the US Kill Citizens at Over 70 Times the Rate of Other First-World Nations

1,100 people killed by those sworn to protect (in the U.S. in 2014). That is an average of three people a day. While violence among citizens has dropped, violence against citizens carried out by police has been rising sharply.

When we look at citizens killed by police over the last two years, deaths have increased 44 percent in this short time; 763 people were killing by police in 2013.

As a comparison, the total number of US troops killed in Afghanistan and Iraq, in 2014 was 58.

Let’s look at our immediate neighbors to the north, Canada. The total number of citizens killed by law enforcement officers in the year 2014, was 14; that is 78 times less people than the US.

If we look at the United Kingdom, 1 person was killed by police in 2014 and 0 in 2013. English police reportedly fired guns a total of three times in all of 2013, with zero reported fatalities.

China, whose population is 4 and 1/2 times the size of the United States, recorded 12 killings by law enforcement officers in 2014.

Let that sink in. Law enforcement in the US killed 92 times more people than a country with nearly 1.4 billion people.

From 2013-2014, German police killed absolutely no one.

Random Facts

You're right...random facts are fun.
edit on 3-8-2015 by mobiusmale because: typo

edit on 3-8-2015 by mobiusmale because: link added

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Of course I am not the one who put every cop in the world in the one bag, this is nonsense.

Really because you did say this correct?

US police officers are retards that is all. Retard with brain washed with permission to kill anyone 'who have his hands in pockets'.

And I never said the world as I was replying to your comment about the officers in the US...which you called retards.

Last time when I called the cops they arrived after all, so do not tell me Remember to not call one of those retards the next time your the victim of a crime...because of course all cops are dumb. because I already knew that.

Well since you think all the cops are retards then you wouldn't want to call them right, because by your thinking all they want to do is kill you...or are you now backing away from what your saying?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join