It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norwegian Police killed no-one since 2006 - gov. report

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Well since you think all the cops are retards then you wouldn't want to call them right, because by your thinking all they want to do is kill you...or are you now backing away from what your saying?

All cops? Are You sure? I am wonder You know me better than myself.

Maybe I am wrong but in first post I am proud of norwegian police, proud of their professionalism. And No, i am not backing away. Calling for cops weren't my idea so dont be so quick.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

So a country with barely over 5million people and only 8,000 LEOs hasn't killed anyone since they quit carrying firearms.

Neat.

I could easily piece together cities with combined populations of 5million people and a combined 8,000 armed LEOs in the states that haven't killed anybody in that long, too.

This means nothing, although it's nice that no one was killed by a cop...but that doesn't mean some criminals didn't give some Norwegian cops reason enough to do it if they had a weapon.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

There are many in the US fight with words and actions to maintain the atrocious status quo.
They are on display here.
They are principles, conspirators and apologists.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I could easily piece together cities with combined populations of 5million people and a combined 8,000 armed LEOs in the states that haven't killed anybody in that long, too.

I highly doubt it. Since the US only has one city with a population over 5 million, which is New York.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

All cops? Are You sure? I am wonder You know me better than myself.

Never said I did, but I was commenting on your post calling cops in the US retards that are only out to get people.

Maybe I am wrong but in first post I am proud of norwegian police, proud of their professionalism. And No, i am not backing away. Calling for cops weren't my idea so dont be so quick.

I don't care who's idea it was to call the cops, but to make a blanket statement about cops in the US is where I have the problem.

I have family members that were at one time a police officer and currently police officers and none of them would find it right to just shoot someone over something that didn't put their lives in danger.

So if you want to make blanket statements as you did get your facts straight before you make it.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

This means nothing, although it's nice that no one was killed by a cop...but that doesn't mean some criminals didn't give some Norwegian cops reason enough to do it if they had a weapon.

"Reason enough"

I think this highlights the difference in police training and militarization in the US
Police training that consists more of weapons systems and how to justify using them, than how to de-escalate situations or deal with the mentally ill. Add policing for profit, and it's a bad combination.

America is far more violent than Norway, but I don't completely accept the view of some that police are shooting it out with violent gangs that's why so many die.

Killed by police.org shows that most police shootings are police calls, drug raids, and police stops gone bad.
People that gave them reason enough.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

The Norwegian police killed someone in 2006!
edit on 3-8-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Your saying what??, might as well shoot first?..sure sounds like it and I can't read it any other way.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: HighFive

You do note that I said "...but that doesn't mean some criminals didn't give Norwegian cops..." right before "reason enough," right?

Use my statements in context, please, instead of taking two words out of context and using it as fodder for a diatribe against U.S. law enforcement.

Here in the U.S., even if you're an on-duty officer, if someone is threatening your life, that is reason enough to protect yours by taking theirs, or at least by implementing deadly force. I didn't say every criminal gives a cop "reason enough," nor do I think all officer-involved shootings are justified (hell, I live in Cincinnati where Dubose was shot by (ex)Officer Tensing, and I don't find any justification for it). But you know, for every cop that commits an unjustified shooting in the U.S., there are tens of thousands who don't. Let's not whine about all cops when only referencing the few bad ones--it's a bias to your argument that removes all credibility.

I completely agree, though, that state-side LEOs need to be taught better hand-to-hand combat skills so that reaching for their firearm is not the first thought by some.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Norwegians put zero people in space in 2015.

Random stats from wildly different countries are fun!

Law enforcement is your job right Sham? If I worked with you, I would be very interested to see what socio economic supports are in place in Norway that helped curb the need for police deadly intervention. It would only be of benefit to me personally and to my team.

You should look into it more, it doesn't mean you personally are doing things wrong but don't you want to learn more ?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

*sigh*

Please note that I said that I could find states that would have a combined population of 5 million.

Really, please note that.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

USA hasnt put anyone in space since 2011, the russians do it for you

Id rather live in a countery with police that wont shot me and has low crime and poverty than a country that can or should I say used shot people into space .
edit on 3-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

There are many in the US fight with words and actions to maintain the atrocious status quo.
They are on display here.
They are principles, conspirators and apologists.

I know right?

Its like a alcoholic that wont admit to haveing a problem.

They seem so caught up with flag waving and patrotism they refuse to admit any wrong.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

The US put zero people in space in 2015 as well. We use Russia to send people up and down.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Seriously. The KKK for example could use Norway as proof that a predominantly white nation has very low crime rates and incidents of police shootings. Someone pro education might notice the education levels and literacy rates. Social services advocates might point out that Norway has a ton of policies protecting people from many of the hardships others endure when living in different countries. Some idiots that have an axe to grind with America will pick a little statistic and use it to denigrate the best country in the world, despite the completely different set of circumstances and climate.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

Norway's covert operators whacked 69 of their own children and wounded another 67 in the Utoya Island slaughter of 7-22-11, so I wouldn't exactly hold them up as an example.

Please do get your facts straight. It was 1 man, and 1 man alone that did this.

Source: I am Norwegian, and my brother knows several of the victims of this horrible crime.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

So a country with barely over 5million people and only 8,000 LEOs hasn't killed anyone since they quit carrying firearms.

Neat.

That is correct, the do not carry them. But they have the firearms ready in the cars. And they are allowed to use them, if the situation requires it.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Sadly , Americans ALL think they're Dirty Harry ...
or
Al Capone .

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Different country but I remember back in late 2013 when Iceland had its first police shooting death ever.

This site (gunpolicy.org) has a lot of information about all kinds of gun related deaths as reported to the WHO from the specific country. Can compare countries per 100,000 people about all kinds of things related to gun deaths/violence. (Though I haven't found about deaths specifically from police).

Link to GunPolicy.Org

In Norway though, it says this about use of guns by police:

Source/More Info

All use of armed force by police officers requires prior consent by the local or regional chief of police. In general, permission for or an order to the use of arms will be given when:

- Concrete information gives reason to believe that police officers may confront an armed person
- The task is perceived as particularly dangerous for the involved officers
- The nature of the task necessitates arming for other reasons
- The Ministry of Justice and the Police has consented to, or ordered, that arms may be used under particular circumstances or for particular tasks.

They have to get permission to use a firearm, also they do not do routine patrols with a gun, according to the link. Those are big differences already between Norway and USA.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: C84K2
Different country but I remember back in late 2013 when Iceland had its first police shooting death ever.

This site (gunpolicy.org) has a lot of information about all kinds of gun related deaths as reported to the WHO from the specific country. Can compare countries per 100,000 people about all kinds of things related to gun deaths/violence. (Though I haven't found about deaths specifically from police).

Link to GunPolicy.Org

In Norway though, it says this about use of guns by police:

Source/More Info

All use of armed force by police officers requires prior consent by the local or regional chief of police. In general, permission for or an order to the use of arms will be given when:

- Concrete information gives reason to believe that police officers may confront an armed person
- The task is perceived as particularly dangerous for the involved officers
- The nature of the task necessitates arming for other reasons
- The Ministry of Justice and the Police has consented to, or ordered, that arms may be used under particular circumstances or for particular tasks.

They have to get permission to use a firearm, also they do not do routine patrols with a gun, according to the link. Those are big differences already between Norway and USA.

That is outdated information, the information is from 2010. Norwegian police no longer needs permission from the police chief to use the guns. I will see if I can find information about this in English.
We have heightened alertness in Norway, and have been like that since the terrorist attack in 2011. It was newly renewed by our government.

I said wrong earlier. Norwegian police are still armed. Not sure how to translate a page to English, but if anyone here can do it they can check out this news article from Norwegian Media outlet NRK www.nrk.no...
edit on 4-8-2015 by pompel9 because: Added more information

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join