It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

theory on the origins of Islam

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Kapusta

you know what, if you have to go to a foreign language it means you only what to change the meaning. If you can't understand it in plain English you will never understand it in any other language.

Christians aren't free to sin.

Your friend may be an orthodox something but that does not make him saved nor understand who God is.

I disagree with you so let's leave it at that.

Sometimes you have to go to the original language that the text are in to fully understand the meaning .

That is why The Qur'an is still in it's Original language . So one should strive to understand it .

Just like you should strive to learn Greek, or biblical Hebrew , so you get a full understanding of your religion.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I believe God preserved his word unto every generation just like he promised in Psalm 12:6, 7 and because of that I know he gave to us one English version that is totally correct, with all his words just as he originally inspired them in the originals.

I hold that book in my hand everyday. It defines every word by the context,no need to go to dead Koine Greek, Hebrew or Latin languages to better understand the Preserved English.

It also has a build in Cross Reference that connect words, phrases and verses so to establish true doctrine and not the doctrine of men.

My God is strong enough to guide and lead me via his Holy Ghost to do good, obey him and live as he wants me to according to his words.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

you know what, if you have to go to a foreign language it means you only what to change the meaning. If you can't understand it in plain English you will never understand it in any other language.

Your friend may be an orthodox something but that does not make him saved nor understand who God is.

Sometimes you have to go to the original language that the text are in to fully understand the meaning .

That is why The Qur'an is still in it's Original language . So one should strive to understand it .

Just like you should strive to learn Greek, or biblical Hebrew , so you get a full understanding of your religion.

ACTUALLY the qu ran is NOT in its original language. If that wa true it would be in anchient arabian nor modern, Modern arabian actually changes soem words definitions and meanings due to its use of punctuations. look it up if you dont believe me.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

The bottom line: Satan is behind ALL false religion.

I was just skimming through this thread when I chanced to see this post of yours. I can't help myself.

Archaeological discoveries in the southern Arabian peninsula has already proven Allah was one of the titles of the moon god Sin. Allah has appeared several times in inscriptions found at ancient pagan worship sites of the moon god. That’s the true hidden history of who the false prophet Mohammed really worshiped.

"Allah" just means "god". The Christian god is called Yahweh, but as per the concept of having only one god, came to be known simply as God. "Allah" is the Arabic word for god. Do you understand? It means the same thing, but it sounds different, because it's in a different language. And did you know that the English word "god" comes from an ancient pagan word meaning an invocation? We've all got pagan origins at some point down the line.

Now, as for the Vatican creating Islam. Quick, tell me when the Vatican was founded! 586 AD? 1133 AD? No that's right, it was founded in 1929. Another interesting fact, the location of the Vatican was once a sacred pagan site before the advent of Christianity. Anyway. So, it's 600 AD - why would the Christians create Islam? Jerusalem is under the control of the Byzantine empire, an eastern branch of the Christian Roman Empire. Everyone's seen how strong Christianity is, how effective it is as uniting people beneath a common banner. Do you really think the leaders of the Catholic church would want to unite their Arab rivals with the coming of a "prophet", and risk having them rise up and go to war against them? You don't have to be a tactical genius to understand how bad a decision that would be.

While Muhammad was being prepared, he was told that his enemies were the Jews and that the only true Christians were Roman Catholic

Really? Who told him that? Funny thing to say, considering that Roman Catholicism wasn't actually a thing back then. It was just considered Catholicism - at the time there were no other big branches of Christianity, the Protestants and the Eastern Orthodoxies would come in later, over a thousand years after the very beginnings of Christianity. No-one in 610 AD said Roman Catholicism.

Rome is the “Mother of Harlots” and Islam is one of her daughter harlots!

Yeah you pasted part of an article there but it makes no sense. It's just the ravings of a god-mad stereotypically American redneck. It's factually incorrect. It was written by a website which profits by luring in gullible people with striking headlines. These articles contain references to very questionable sources, all which happen to agree with their agenda. There is not a single peer reviewed academically accepted source in all their mad ramblings. The people who write these articles know how to get readers, and they get readers by claiming to be the only ones who know the "truth", and by crafting their words in such a way as to draw in fools. Nobody with a remotely skeptical mind would ever believe the statements these websites make.

All these stories about how everyone who isn't a Christian will burn in fiery hell are designed to appeal to overweight Jesus-obsessed racist homophobic culturally ignorant self-righteous arrogant conceited materialistic gullible simple-minded misguided witlessly patriotic egocentic backwater uneducated brainwashed hateful mean little idiots like you.

Satan has infiltrated and is behind ALL false religion All false religions are illuminati created

I saw a man preaching in the street once. He was old, past fifty, but his voice was strong. He stood on the edge of a fountain in the city plaza, teetering on the edge. The chatter of the passing crowds whipped his voice away, so I went closer to listen. He was crying out that the Illuminati were destroying the world, that Satan had come to test all true Christians, that salvation through Jesus was the only way, that the laws of man were unlawful, and so forth and so on. He was mad, of course. His hair hung long and unwashed to his stooped shoulders, and his clothes looked as they though they'd been found in a bin. His nails were long and yellow, almost like talons. But it was his eyes that gave the game away. His eyes they, darted up and down back and forth and twice around, they never stopped moving. They were open wide and searching. He looked lost. It was rather sad, to see all the people going by, ignoring him as best they could as he shouted louder and louder.

You see, he was shouting out much of the same things as you said. Does it mean anything to you, that your opinions are worth no more than the crazed ravings of a madman on the street? The madman was surely devoted to your god, but I saw no god come to save him.

True Christians love and respect all people, regardless of race, religion or culture. They do not spew forth toxic, xenophobic ravings intended to incite hatred amongst people. You have behaved exactly as the worst stereotype of American culture and I assure you, the world laughs at you.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure some dude saw a chance to control a large group of people using deception and fear. Just like all the other religions.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeepThoughtCriminal
True Christians love and respect all people, regardless of race, religion or culture. They do not spew forth toxic, xenophobic ravings intended to incite hatred amongst people. You have behaved exactly as the worst stereotype of American culture and I assure you, the world laughs at you.

Mr. DeepThoughtCriminal AKA Scientician...

Love does not ignore the truth.

spew forth toxic, xenophobic ravings intended to incite hatred amongst people... is EXACTLY what religion does which completely invalidates your argument obviously.

The evidence I cited speaks for itself.

Your opinion on the other hand, well good luck with that...

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

originally posted by: DeepThoughtCriminal

Mr. DeepThoughtCriminal AKA Scientician...

Love does not ignore the truth.

spew forth toxic, xenophobic ravings intended to incite hatred amongst people... is EXACTLY what religion does which completely invalidates your argument obviously.

The evidence I cited speaks for itself.

Your opinion on the other hand, well good luck with that...

Teh Old testament yes,but that covenant i s not enforced. ALso those who spew against others are HYPOCRITES and as such NOT REALLY WHO THEY CLAIM,and thereby INVALIDATES your assertion that all relgions are bad. Its your opinion not a fact.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Islam is a death cult. Islamists worship their own worship.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

ACTUALLY the qu ran is NOT in its original language. If that wa true it would be in anchient arabian nor modern, Modern arabian actually changes soem words definitions and meanings due to its use of punctuations. look it up if you dont believe me.

you are absolutely incorrect , Look more into it yuppa. before you make such a statement you should really understand the history of the Arabic language

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: TheChrome

Christianity has many parallels to Zoroastrianism which was the dominant religion in Armenian lands at the time of Jesus. Where as Judiasm with its jealous and racist God seems contrary to the teachings of Christianity.

Yep, Zoroastran had the "monopoly" on "monotheism".

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

you are absolutely incorrect , Look more into it yuppa. before you make such a statement you should really understand the history of the Arabic language

Nope im right. ill link you.
differing versions

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I believe God preserved his word unto every generation just like he promised in Psalm 12:6, 7 and because of that I know he gave to us one English version that is totally correct, with all his words just as he originally inspired them in the originals.

I hold that book in my hand everyday. It defines every word by the context,no need to go to dead Koine Greek, Hebrew or Latin languages to better understand the Preserved English.

It also has a build in Cross Reference that connect words, phrases and verses so to establish true doctrine and not the doctrine of men.

My God is strong enough to guide and lead me via his Holy Ghost to do good, obey him and live as he wants me to according to his words.

I agree with you that you can be guided by god for sure .

12:6,7 IS NOT A PROMISE OF THE
INFALLIBLE PRESERVATION OF SCRIPTURE

Accurate theology in any given area of Bible truth is dependent on correct interpretation of each individual passage that relates to that area of truth. If individual verses are misunderstood, distorted, or misrepresented, then the larger structure of theology built out of these faulty building blocks will be likewise distorted and faulty. A doctrinal position built on wrong premises will necessarily have wrong conclusions. Producing a perfectly cut diamond depends on the perfect cutting of each individual facet. It cannot be otherwise.

A much-discussed point of theology in recent years has been the matter of the preservation of the Word of God. All conservative, Bible-believing scholars, teachers, and pastors agree to the Bible doctrine of divine inspiration, verbal inerrancy, and infallibility of the Scriptures in the original writings. Moses and David and Paul wrote perfectly the words of God when moved by the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:21). That they had the perfect Scriptures in ancient times is fine, but the question is, do we have them today? Or, has God preserved the Word He gave in time past? The main proof text employed to teach an infallibly preserved Bible is Psalm 12:6, 7, which in the KJV reads,

“The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.”

It is commonly asserted that this is proof positive that God promised to infallibly preserve His written Word. Not only is this seized as proof of the certain preservation of the Scriptures in the original languages, but it is often applied to perfect preservation of the Scriptures in the English language, particularly and exclusively the King James Version in English. [Note: The actual origin of using Psalm 12:6-7 to apply exclusively to the KJV and its Textus Receptus Greek is Seventh-day Adventist author Benjamin G. Wilkinson, whose 1930 book was plagiarized by Jasper James Ray in his 1955 book, God Wrote Only One Bible.

We shall examine in detail these verses as regards grammar, context, and the views of biblical authorities both ancient and modern to determine their correct interpretation and application.

Feel free to educate your self here

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Nope im right. ill link you.
differing versions

Firstly no you are not , It is well known that the kufic language or classical Arabic the only minor differences were vowels and diacritical points etc. but it did not take away from the meaning of any particular ayat .

Secondary, from your source

We agree with the scholarly understanding that NONE of the differences, whether vocal (vowel and diacritical points) or graphic (basic letter), between the transmission of Hafs and the transmission of Warsh has any great effect on the meaning

Thirdly , Your source submission.org Is run by a wingnut quranoon who rejects hadith and disregards proven Scholarly fact's .

The author of the site is person who act's on Bid'Ah ( innovation of scripture ) .

The only thing i agree on after browsing the site was the statement that these minor dots and dashes etc do not change the meaning of the Qur'an .

Example: tomato tomahto get it ?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Accurate theology in any given area of Bible truth is dependent on correct interpretation of each individual passage that relates to that area of truth. If individual verses are misunderstood, distorted, or misrepresented, then the larger structure of theology built out of these faulty building blocks will be likewise distorted and faulty. A doctrinal position built on wrong premises will necessarily have wrong conclusions. Producing a perfectly cut diamond depends on the perfect cutting of each individual facet. It cannot be otherwise.

A much-discussed point of theology in recent years has been the matter of the preservation of the Word of God. All conservative, Bible-believing scholars, teachers, and pastors agree to the Bible doctrine of divine inspiration, verbal inerrancy, and infallibility of the Scriptures in the original writings. Moses and David and Paul wrote perfectly the words of God when moved by the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:21). That they had the perfect Scriptures in ancient times is fine, but the question is, do we have them today? Or, has God preserved the Word He gave in time past? The main proof text employed to teach an infallibly preserved Bible is Psalm 12:6, 7, which in the KJV reads,

“The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.”

It is commonly asserted that this is proof positive that God promised to infallibly preserve His written Word. Not only is this seized as proof of the certain preservation of the Scriptures in the original languages, but it is often applied to perfect preservation of the Scriptures in the English language, particularly and exclusively the King James Version in English. [Note: The actual origin of using Psalm 12:6-7 to apply exclusively to the KJV and its Textus Receptus Greek is Seventh-day Adventist author Benjamin G. Wilkinson, whose 1930 book was plagiarized by Jasper James Ray in his 1955 book, God Wrote Only One Bible.

We shall examine in detail these verses as regards grammar, context, and the views of biblical authorities both ancient and modern to determine their correct interpretation and application.

HEre is a link for you as well my friend.
bible vs quran

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

HEre is a link for you as well my friend.
bible vs quran

Really Yuppa ! you link me this guy ! Abdullah Al araby is a disgusting lying piece of trash known for his Anti islam works of fabrication. He is a nobody and has been proven rightly so , He has also been refuted many times fold . His work again consist of Bid'ah ( innovation of scripture ) . He feeds off of fear mongering .

He has also supplied work to the website answeringislam.org ,known for their lies against islam.

Some of his work.

Articles by Abdullah Al Araby Introduction - the hidden side of Islam. Background into Islam - the Messenger and the Message. Islam: the Facade, the Facts - shows the rosy picture Muslims are painting about their religion, and the truth they try to hide. The True Face of Islam Lying in Islam The Issues of Life According to the Quran - exposes what the Quran teaches on issues such as Women s Rights, Sex and Marriage, Human rights, Democracy, and Eternal Security. Incredible Teachings of Mohammed - presents quotes from Mohammed, the prophet of Islam, on various issues of life. Neither Black nor African - responds to the claim that Islam is the religion of the Black man, that Islam is African, and Mohammed was Black. Being a Muslim's Wife - describes the kind of life is in store for American women who marry Middle-Eastern Muslim men. To Kill and to Die in the Name of Allah - tells why Muslims are willing to kill and die for their religion. Tells what the term "Jihad" means. If Islam Ruled America - describes what will happen to our American values and institutions if America became ruled by Islam. The Bible vs. the Quran - discusses the shortcomings of the Quran. Answers the question: "which book is God's revelation: the Bible or the Quran?" God vs Allah - answers the questions: "Are Allah's attributes in the Quran, the same as those of God in the Bible?" and "do Muslims worship the same God of the Bible?" Nothing in Common - responds to Muslim activist's claim that Islam agrees with and is an extension to Christianity. The Christian Difference - explains what makes Christianity different from Islam. Poses the questions: What do you think of Jesus? What will you do with Jesus Christ? ON THE ROAD TO THE NEW WORLD Examining Islam's Expansionist History MASTERS OF DECEPTION - Deceptive Iraqi Tactics Of War Are Based On Islamic Principles Why don't they go back to their countries? - By, Ibrahim Saada Akhbar Al Youm Newspaper, May 10, 2003 Translation from Arabic by Abdullah Al Araby Save America Democracy in the Middle East? - A response to President Bush's speech calling for the establishment of democracies in the region The Terror of Islam “Nikah” - The Islamic “N” Word; What Does It Exactly Mean? THE ISLAMIZATION OF AMERICAN SCHOOLS - A critique of the course and textbook on Islam taught to the 7th grade students in California Public Schools - The Pen vs. The Sword The Quran's Doctrine of Abrogation - Prepared by Abdullah Al Araby The Islamization of Europe - America, take note before it’s too late By Abdullah Al Araby America’s Values can contribute to its Vulnerability By Abdullah Al Araby Apostasy in Islam - The Point of No Return American Muslims and the Question of Loyalty What Could Possibly Be Wrong About Building A Mosque Named Cordoba at Ground Zero? Senators McCain and Graham: You’re knocking on the wrong door! By Abdullah Al Araby

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Italicized text my words

Psalm 6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, (that is the words) O LORD, thou shalt preserve them (the words)from this generation for ever.

It is clear promise to preserve his words to every generation in plain simple sixth grade English, and you want to go to other languages to better understand. If you can't understand plain sixth grade English you have a problem.

If God kept his word to preserve it to all generations then he is not worth following. But Out of th 350 versions out there I found the One and I hold it in my hands and read it everyday. When I have time I study it according to his Instruction on how to study it.

By the way the Bible is already interpreted it only needs to be believed and followed. If you interpret and interpretation to make doctrines you end up with false doctrines.

edit on 5-8-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Look John , It's obvious that you don't have the capacity to grasp all the valid points i have made or you chose not to out of pure ignorance. I see you disregard any evidence i present . I understand where this is going , So we can agree to disagree.

Please understand I am not trying to take your religion away from you , The simple fact that you have a strong faith in god and a solid conviction is honorable and noble . I respect that !

Not many people have such a strong faith in god !

Keep that and don't ever let anyone take that from you !

Christianity didn't work out for me , But as a man who knows 100% that god is very real and as a man who understands love and compassion and as a man who has experienced evil , I would never subscribe to a religion or subject my family to a religion who goal is pure evil .

Never ! What I have found in Islam is not the Islam that you speak or any other who speaks untruth towards it .

I didn't spend 5+ years of my life studying religion ,to fall to one that you say is of the devil.

Your god is my god , just as my god is your god .

Their is only one !

And may our god have mercy upon as all

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I don't get why people think it matters that the Koran might be uncorrupted. It has been used by people to commit horrific acts, so the interpretation obviously differs from person to person. So it has been corrupted anyway.
Though I have to say when I opened it up and the first thing I read was about how not to practice coitus interruptus while raping your slaves I'd had enough. Same for the bible, if a woman doesn't scream while being raped?? Well best to kill her.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

And may our god have mercy upon as all

I have my Gods Mercy, forgiveness, He has given me his holiness, His righteousness, and has justified me from all sin on the Cross of Jesus Christ.

He helps me take care of my family, he provides where my job cannot, we read the Bible and pray together everyday, we fellowship at a small church for the sake of fellowship with other Christians. My moral state is because of him and not something I do to get points or gain his approval. All of that is already approved of God. I change in areas where I am weak and grow in my faith. And of all the Christians that really hurt me I hate none of them and I will not let their actions dissuade me from living for Jesus Christ My Lord and Saviour, because he and he alone is Lord and saviour of all.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson

I don't get why people think it matters that the Koran might be uncorrupted. It has been used by people to commit horrific acts, so the interpretation obviously differs from person to person. So it has been corrupted anyway.
Though I have to say when I opened it up and the first thing I read was about how not to practice coitus interruptus while raping your slaves I'd had enough. Same for the bible, if a woman doesn't scream while being raped?? Well best to kill her.

Please show me where you read that in the quran . what sura what ayat ?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join