It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

theory on the origins of Islam

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Heavenly places could mean Mars or Jupiter, the Crab Nebula or Sirus, the dog star, but it would not be the third heaven which is on the other side of the firmament (the darkness you see beyond the farthest star) the firmament is the boundary of our universe.

Let me tell youabout a principality spirit that was in my house one night.

I awoke for some strange reason thinking a rat woke me up. As I lay there with my eyes open I see this head floating at the end of my bed but honestly it could have been ten miles away or four feet because there was no way to measure in complete darkness of the room. then I realize I am looking at something that is not left over froma dream and it is real. It is looking at our child who is in the bed next to ours. then its eye move to look at my wife. At that moment I say to my self that is a devil. Just then its eyes turn to me and its expression changes as it seems to see I am looking right at him. It floats left and my eyes follow fear overcomes his face as I sit up and tell it not with words but with my heart, "My Lord rebukes thee and binds thee, you leave this place and never return" as I point out our bedroom window. Just then it took off fast as lightening through the wall in the direction I pointed. I never saw it again.

a Few days later I was telling a friend and his wife was scribbling on some paper. she showed my her drawing and it was the face I saw. They saw the same thing in another part of the city. So we concluded it was a principle spirit of that area, known as a principality. It was wicked it was not good and I knew it immediately.

edit on 1-8-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Kapusta

ALL false sects of Judaism and Christianity as well as religions formed after 550AD are based on the same premise, that the Bible is corrupted. Not one believed God could keep his word as found in Psalm 12:6,7 to preserve his words to all generations.

However God is strong enough and has preserved it in one of the over 350 English versions today. Only those who seek the truth will find that one Bible which stands above all others in comparison.

Ill take my One original Quran over your 350 versions of of the bible

can you find me an original bible ?

It's called the Dead Sea Scrolls, and I have viewed them in person in Israel, as well as museums in the US.
I have read the Quran as well, and I agree that it contains many elements similar with mainstream Christianity.
I feel that Mainstream Christianity is not representative of TRUE Christianity. The main difference between what I am certain is the only true faith, and mainstream Christianity, is Almighty God himself.

In the Dead Sea Scrolls his name appears thousands of times. His name is Yekhwah in Arabic, and Yehowah in Hebrew. He is the only True God, and Jesus is his son. Being the firstborn son, Jesus is also the first angel, and is referred to by his heavenly name Michael (the Archangel). The bible indicates hell is the common grave, not eternal fire or torment.

It is the Satanic elements that control the earth that prevent true information. That is why there has been an effort to conceal God's name and remove it from the bible. It must be known, and will be known by all the earth.

I think Islam developed in part by assessing that Christianity was hypocritical. The problem was, the original tenants of true Christianity started to disappear by the 2nd century. What existed after that was counterfeit.

edit on 1-8-2015 by TheChrome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

You have one problem. You don't have an original Quran. The originals were written on leaves and skins
Which are long gone and lost. What you have is a copy the original Quran is long gone. The question is how can you know it is an exact copy word for word if the originals are lost?

You can't

edit on 2-8-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheChrome

Any similarities in the Quran and the NT is because it was plagiarized by Mohamed.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

This is true...

I cannot find one thing original in the Qur'an as I wrote in my own blog but what surprises me is that there are those who argue that the "borrowing" is minimal and advances the cause of religion--while the Qur'an rejects religious, human, and civil rights. This is crass at best. ~ Dr Arthur Frederick Ide

Islam's Plagiarized Christian Origins

The writers of the Islamic scripture were not actually stupid or ignorant people who attempted to create a fiction in order to challenge basic Christian tenets. They considered themselves crafty enough to copy from Christian scripture in order to promote their counter teachings in accordance with Muhammad’s new doctrine and ideology. Plagiarism from Christian writings was a necessity as well as the systematic distortion of those sources.

answering-islam.org...

Surah 18 is a brilliant and outstanding chapter of the Islamic scripture as it displays Mohammad’s talents for plagiarizing pre-Islamic stories and adapting them to his nascent ideology named Islam. The first of the three narratives in Surah 18 is also of great value for the critique of Islam since it presents Mohammad as a confused story teller who reluctantly conceded defeat in his fight against numerical controversies and other disagreements stemming from the different versions of the same story.

The analysis of the account of the sleepers in the cave, which gave the 18th chapter the name Al-Kahf, reveals some mysterious ties Mohammad made up between the story of the sleeping youths and the Arabic Gospel of Infancy, another pre-Islamic and non-canonical Christian scripture. Consequently, Mohammad is seen as an incompetent figure that resorted to double plagiarism while trying to relate a prominent legendary story of Christian martyrdom. As a matter of irony, the more Mohammad tried to make his new version of the original story pass as purely divine revelation, the more he exposed his confusion and ignorance.

answering-islam.org...

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheChrome

Christianity has many parallels to Zoroastrianism which was the dominant religion in Armenian lands at the time of Jesus. Where as Judiasm with its jealous and racist God seems contrary to the teachings of Christianity.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

You have one problem. You don't have an original Quran. The originals were written on leaves and skins
Which are long gone and lost. What you have is a copy the original Quran is long gone. The question is how can you know it is an exact copy word for word if the originals are lost?

You can't

You are very mistaken , Firstly do you know what a hafiz is ? it's a Muslim who has memorized the whole Qur"an , This was ordered by Allah and Muhammad that every Muslim should memorize the whole Qur'an so that it does not get mistranslated in anyway . Muhammad taught his followers how do so so and it's an Obligation ffor every Muslim to at some point memorize the whole Qur'an. The "Original " was in the hearts and minds of the students of Muhammad and thus passed down through the generations. Their are very very Old Qur'an in existence from the Uthman period that is the 3rd caliph .

Word for word Hafiz's of today still match the quran of that period , along with other earlier text that have been found. We have definitive proof that the quran of today is the quran of the time of Muhammad .

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Here we have another prime example of a member spewing information form the website "answering Islam ".

As I have stated on here many times and provided proof , The author of that website has been refuted many many times . They are known for twisting information and flat out lying about the information they present . So much so that a counter website was established called "answering Christianity "

The author of that website is hell bent on giving Islam a really bad name .

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=19647252]Kapusta

Would you think it odd if Hafiz said,

“I am in love with every church
And mosque
And temple
And any kind of shrine

Because I know it is there
That people say the different names
Of the One God.”

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
a reply to: [post=19647252]Kapusta

Would you think it odd if Hafiz said,

“I am in love with every church
And mosque
And temple
And any kind of shrine

Because I know it is there
That people say the different names
Of the One God.”

Can you elaborate a little more , I am not sure I understand your reply .

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
So far, no one has said anything relevant regarding the OP, 48 posts and not one on topic response..

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
For those muslims who keep claiming the bible is 'corrupt' the quran is actually the corruption of the bible and Gods word. You can find countless verses which predicted this and warned all Christians against false prophets. Pretty certain that the only corruption is what came after the bible, considering it warned us in dozens of verses, ill supply just three main ones which of course everyone seems to miss and all muslims just want to reject.

Islam is a false religion set up by satan, muhammed is a false prophet, he married a 6 year old girl called aisha, had intercourse with her from when she was 9. He murdered, Raped, and owned slaves, Beheaded around 700 jews in a day, he would be Islamic states leader today if he was alive. What would muslims say then? That muhammed does not represent islam. Do your selves a favour, read the quran and read the authentic hadiths. Muslims are told to mimic him and everything he did, Christians are meant to mimic Jesus, Jesus was without sin muhammed was all about sin. Easy to see which is evil, for the athiests out there who dont believe in anything, pretty sure youd rather live next to a man trying to mimic Jesus than a muslim man whos perfect example to humanity is muhammed, also their god allah hates all non believers and refers to them as the equivalent to urine, much different spin to the biblical God who loves all even the ones who dont love him. Also over 100+ verses from their god allah asking for the beheading, crucifixion, hands and feet cut off and over all just jihad in worst ways possible to any non muslims, their god allah only loves those who are obedient to him, has no love for anyone else. how is he all forgiving and all loving then? pretty sure there are humans in the world with more love and kindness than that, so that would clearly mean he cant be the true God, the biblical God never changes, always the same. allah is satan and the true God is the biblical God. If you do not think my evidence is factual, do yourself and me a favour, get a copy of the quran, read it, get the authentic hadiths and read them, youll find muhammed also got his wife aisha the 6 year old to clean semen stains off his clothes, great man. (sarcasm)

2 Corinthians 11:4

4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

Galatians 1:8-9King James Version (KJV)

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

1 John 2:22 King James Version (KJV)

22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
edit on 2-8-2015 by islamisfalse because: needed to add more details

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
For those muslims who keep claiming the bible is 'corrupt' the quran is actually the corruption of the bible and Gods word. You can find countless verses which predicted this and warned all Christians against false prophets. Pretty certain that the only corruption is what came after the bible, considering it warned us in dozens of verses, ill supply just three main ones which of course everyone seems to miss and all muslims just want to reject.

Islam is a false religion set up by satan, muhammed is a false prophet, he married a 6 year old girl called aisha, had intercourse with her from when she was 9. He murdered, Raped, and owned slaves, Beheaded around 700 jews in a day, he would be Islamic states leader today if he was alive. What would muslims say then? That muhammed does not represent islam. Do your selves a favour, read the quran and read the authentic hadiths. Muslims are told to mimic him and everything he did, Christians are meant to mimic Jesus, Jesus was without sin muhammed was all about sin. Easy to see which is evil, for the athiests out there who dont believe in anything, pretty sure youd rather live next to a man trying to mimic Jesus than a muslim man whos perfect example to humanity is muhammed, also their god allah hates all non believers and refers to them as the equivalent to urine, much different spin to the biblical God who loves all even the ones who dont love him. Also over 100+ verses from their god allah asking for the beheading, crucifixion, hands and feet cut off and over all just jihad in worst ways possible to any non muslims, their god allah only loves those who are obedient to him, has no love for anyone else. how is he all forgiving and all loving then? pretty sure there are humans in the world with more love and kindness than that, so that would clearly mean he cant be the true God, the biblical God never changes, always the same. allah is satan and the true God is the biblical God. If you do not think my evidence is factual, do yourself and me a favour, get a copy of the quran, read it, get the authentic hadiths and read them, youll find muhammed also got his wife aisha the 6 year old to clean semen stains off his clothes, great man. (sarcasm)

4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Islam is a false religion set up by satan, muhammed is a false prophet, he married a 6 year old girl called aisha, had intercourse with her from when she was 9. He murdered, Raped, and owned slaves, Beheaded around 700 jews in a day, he would be Islamic states leader today if he was alive. What would muslims say then? That muhammed does not represent islam. Do your selves a favour, read the quran and read the authentic hadiths. Muslims are told to mimic him and everything he did, Christians are meant to mimic Jesus, Jesus was without sin muhammed was all about sin. Easy to see which is evil, for the athiests out there who dont believe in anything, pretty sure youd rather live next to a man trying to mimic Jesus than a muslim man whos perfect example to humanity is muhammed, also their god allah hates all non believers and refers to them as the equivalent to urine, much different spin to the biblical God who loves all even the ones who dont love him. Also over 100+ verses from their god allah asking for non muslims to be killed, no these are not during war times, these are orders and this is jihad, their god allah only loves those who are obedient to him, in fact everyone is but a slave, he has no love for anyone else. how is he all forgiving and all loving then? pretty sure there are humans in the world with more love and kindness than that, so that would clearly mean he cant be the true God, the biblical God never changes, always the same everyone is like a son and daughter to him, servants not SLAVES like allah sees humans, allah is satan and the true God is the biblical God. If you do not think my evidence is factual, do yourself and me a favour, get a copy of the quran, read it, get the authentic hadiths and read them, youll find muhammed also got his wife aisha the 6 year old to clean semen stains off his clothes, great man. (sarcasm)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Typing it 3x doesn't make it any "truer"...

How is this? If YOU were being tried for being a Chris†ian™ is there enough evidence to be found guilty?

namaste

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

My reply got cut-off snipped... It is a poem from the Sufi poet Hafiz..

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn
So far, no one has said anything relevant regarding the OP, 48 posts and not one on topic response..

The same could be said about the OP as well...

I read it twice and also a gave quick look at the source links as well.

Didn't see a thing about the true origins of Islam.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: islamisfalse

Same old anti Islamic regeneration! I have heard it hundreds of times ! And its all been refuted , you are not the first to come out with these false claims.

The following is a letter Muhammad wrote to the Christians living in Muslim lands . Long story short it basically says that he will protect them with his life and no harm shall come to them .

In the Quran , you know the ones Christians and Islamaphobes like to quote such "kill the disbelievers " verses are always presented by people like you who go off half cocked and don't post the whole verses . your post is a prime example of that with the story of the "700 jews " and Aisha . You guys like to twist and contort the meaning of the text in the Quran . This is the same thing that Extremist do (ISIS etc) .

Lets look at the story of the Jews shall we ? It's no doubt that many jews were killed in medina ,but if you are going to post something then post the whole story .

During that time jews lived in Medina , free to do what they wanted , they lived under a contract actually ,It was a contract of peace ,They had all the rights of the Muslims .

back then they had jewsish tribes , and this particular had tried to assassinate Muhammad 3 times ! He pardon them every time save for the last time , when he told them to leave Medina because they had broken a contract . So they left and ended up joining an army that was to later attack medina . Fast forward and their i a war going on outside the walls of medina and in that war are the jews that Muhammad allowed to leave . The war ensued and Muhammad was wining the war on the the outside , But as they were outside the walls fighting war started breaking out inside the walls of medina . A secret plan had been hatched to take over medina from the inside by the other jewish tribes . So long story short they were unsuccessful and lost. He captured all of them and had their head rabi /jewsish leader come and face them , Muhammad asked "what shall i do with these people who tried to kill me and violated a peacfull contract we had "?

the rabi stated "its better if they die" . So that was that . They allowed woman and children to leave and take what ever belongings they could carry . This is a fact and that is why jews hardly ever bring this story to the table .

Now about Aisha , Yes it's true she was offered in marriage at a young age. But the marriage was never consummated until she was around the age of 14 or 16 . This was a common practice back then , and in our very own society not more than 100 years ago people married at very young ages .

Also Aisha never ones said anything bad about Muhammad , she never talks about him violating here etc . she went on to lead armys and became a very powerful woman.

Now as far as slaves , Yes during that time they had slaves , but they were NOT as people like you would imagine , their is enough evidence to suggest that slaves were treated fairly .

No human being has the right to restrict this freedom or take away that choice unlawfully; whoever dares to do that is a wrongdoer and oppressor. This is one of the basic principles of Islam.
let us not forget that slavery is well established in Judaism and Christianity, where it has taken unjust forms. They have many books which discuss that in detail and condone it. Ruling on Slavery in Islam

Muhammad the son of ‘Abd Allah, the Messenger of Allah, and careful guardian of the whole world; has written the present instrument to all those who are in his national people, and of his own religion, as a secure and positive promise to be accomplished to the Christian nation, and relations of the Nazarene, whosoever they may be, whether they be the noble or the vulgar, the honorable or otherwise, saying thus.I. Whosoever of my nation shall presume to break my promise and oath, which is contained in this present agreement, destroys the promise of God, acts contrary to the oath, and will be a resister of the faith, (which God forbid) for he becomes worthy of the curse, whether he be the King himself, or a poor man, or whatever person he may be. That whenever any of the monks in his travels shall happen to settle upon any mountain, hill, village, or other habitable place, on the sea, or in deserts, or in any convent, church, or house of prayer, I shall be in the midst of them, as the preserver and protector of them, their goods and effects, with my soul, aid, and protection, jointly with all my national people; because they are a part of my own people, and an honor to me. Moreover, I command all officers not to require any poll-tax on them, or any other tribute, because they shall not be forced or compelled to anything of this kind. None shall presume to change their judges or governors, but they shall remain in their office, without being deported. No one shall molest them when they are travelling on the road. Whatever churches they are possessed of, no one is to deprive them of them. Whosoever shall annul any of one of these my decrees, let him know positively that he annuls the ordinance of God. Moreover, neither their judges, governors, monks, servants, disciples, or any others depending on them, shall pay any poll-tax, or be molested on that account, because I am their protector, wherever they shall be, either by land or sea, east or west, north or south; because both they and all that belong to them are included in this my promissory oath and patent. And of those that live quietly and solitary upon the mountains, they shall exact neither poll-tax nor tithes from their incomes, neither shall any Muslim partake of what they have; for they labor only to maintain themselves. Whenever the crop of the earth shall be plentiful in its due time, the inhabitants shall be obliged out of every bushel to give them a certain measure. Neither in time of war shall they take them out of their habitations, nor compel them to go to the wars, nor even then shall they require of them any poll-tax. In these eleven chapters is to be found whatever relates to the monks, as to the remaining seven chapters, they direct what relates to every Christian. Those Christians who are inhabitants, and with their riches and traffic are able to pay the poll-tax, shall pay no more than twelve drachms. Excepting this, nothing shall be required of them, according to the express order of God, that says, ‘Do not molest those that have a veneration for the books that are sent from God, but rather in a kind manner' [29:46]. Give of your good things to them, and converse with them, and hinder everyone from molesting them. If a Christian woman shall happen to marry a Muslim man, the Muslim shall not cross the inclination of his wife, to keep her from her church and prayers, and the practice of her religion. That no person hinder them from repairing their churches. Whosoever acts contrary to my grant, or gives credit to anything contrary to it, becomes truly an apostate to God, and to his divine apostle, because this protection I have granted to them according to this promise. No one shall bear arms against them, but, on the contrary, the Muslims shall wage war for them. And by this I ordain, that none of my nation shall presume to do or act contrary to this my promise, until the end of the world.

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

still doesn't mean they got it right as it was handed down. Memories fail and interpretations take over when one memorizes. You system relies on man getting the Quran right, while claiming man corrupted the Bible. Good luck with that, as there are 8 different versions of the Quran and each sect interprets them differently. I forget the web site but one man has a few copies of the Quran dating from teh early 1700's to the modern versions and they are different.

But God Preserved the Holy Bible to every Generation and it is available for you to hold in your hands all the words of God just as he inspired them in the originals.

edit on 2-8-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

still doesn't mean they got it right as it was handed down. Memories fail and interpretations take over when one memorizes. You system relies on man getting the Quran right, while claiming man corrupted the Bible. Good luck with that, as there are 8 different versions of the Quran and each sect interprets them differently. I forget the web site but one man has a few copies of the Quran dating from teh early 1700's to the modern versions and they are different.

But God Preserved the Holy Bible to every Generation and it is available for you to hold in your hands all the words of God just as he inspired them in the originals.

Again you are wrong in your assumption.

Question:

There were many versions of the Qur’an all of which were burnt by Usman (r.a.) except for one. Therefore is it not true that the present Qur’an is the one compiled by Usman (r.a.) and not the original revelation of God?

Answer:

One of the most common myths about the Qur’an, is that Usman (r.a.), the third Caliph of Islam authenticated and compiled one Qur’an, from a large set of mutually contradicting copies. The Qur’an, revered as the Word of Allah (swt) by Muslims the world over, is the same Qur’an as the one revealed to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). It was authenticated and written under his personal supervision. We will examine the roots of the myth which says that Usman (r.a.) had the Qur’an authenticated.

1. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) himself supervised and authenticated the written texts of the Qur’an

Whenever the Prophet received a revelation, he would first memorize it himself and later declare the revelation and instruct his Companions (R.A. – Radhi Allahu Taala Anhu) – May Allah be pleased with him who would also memorize it. The Prophet would immediately ask the scribes to write down the revelation he had received, and he would reconfirm and recheck it himself. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was an Ummi who could not read and write. Therefore, after receiving each revelation, he would repeat it to his Companions. They would write down the revelation, and he would recheck by asking them to read what they had written. If there was any mistake, the Prophet would immediately point it out and have it corrected and rechecked. Similarly he would even recheck and authenticate the portions of the Qur’an memorized by the Companions. In this way, the complete Qur’an was written down under the personal supervision of the prophet (pbuh).

2. Order and sequence of Qur’an divinely inspired

The complete Qur’an was revealed over a period of 22½ years portion by portion, as and when it was required. The Qur’an was not compiled by the Prophet in the chronological order of revelation. The order and sequence of the Qur’an too was Divinely inspired and was instructed to the Prophet by Allah (swt) through archangel Jibraeel. Whenever a revelation was conveyed to his companions, the Prophet would also mention in which surah (chapter) and after which ayat (verse) this new revelation should fit.

Every Ramadhaan all the portions of the Qur’an that had been revealed, including the order of the verses, were revised and reconfirmed by the Prophet with archangel Jibraeel. During the last Ramadhaan, before the demise of the Prophet, the Qur’an was rechecked and reconfirmed twice.

It is therefore clearly evident that the Qur’an was compiled and authenticated by the Prophet himself during his lifetime, both in the written form as well as in the memory of several of his Companions.

3. Qur’an copied on one common material

The complete Qur’an, along with the correct sequence of the verses, was present during the time of the Prophet (pbuh). The verses however, were written on separate pieces, scrapes of leather, thin flat stones, leaflets, palm branches, shoulder blades, etc. After the demise of the prophet, Abu Bakr (r.a.), the first caliph of Islam ordered that the Qur’an be copied from the various different materials on to a common material and place, which was in the shape of sheets. These were tied with strings so that nothing of the compilation was lost.

4. Usman (r.a.) made copies of the Qur’an from the original manuscript

Many Companions of the Prophet used to write down the revelation of the Qur’an on their own whenever they heard it from the lips of the Prophet. However what they wrote was not personally verified by the Prophet and thus could contain mistakes. All the verses revealed to the Prophet may not have been heard personally by all the Companions. There were high possibilities of different portions of the Qur’an being missed by different Companions. This gave rise to disputes among Muslims regarding the different contents of the Qur’an during the period of the third Caliph Usman (r.a.).

Usman (r.a.) borrowed the original manuscript of the Qur’an, which was authorized by the beloved Prophet (pbuh), from Hafsha (may Allah be pleased with her), the Prophet’s wife. Usman (r.a.) ordered four Companions who were among the scribes who wrote the Qur’an when the Prophet dictated it, led by Zaid bin Thabit (r.a.) to rewrite the script in several perfect copies. These were sent by Usman (r.a.) to the main centres of Muslims.

There were other personal collections of the portions of the Qur’an that people had with them. These might have been incomplete and with mistakes. Usman (r.a.) only appealed to the people to destroy all these copies which did not match the original manuscript of the Qur’an in order to preserve the original text of the Qur’an. Two such copies of the copied text of the original Qur’an authenticated by the Prophet are present to this day, one at the museum in Tashkent in erstwhile Soviet Union and the other at the Topkapi Museum in Istanbul, Turkey.

5. Diacritical marks were added for non-Arabs

The original manuscript of the Qur’an does not have the signs indicating the vowels in Arabic script. These vowels are known as tashkil, zabar, zair, paish in Urdu and as fatah, damma and qasra in Arabic. The Arabs did not require the vowel signs and diacritical marks for correct pronunciation of the Qur’an since it was their mother tongue. For Muslims of non-Arab origin, however, it was difficult to recite the Qur’an correctly without the vowels. These marks were introduced into the Quranic script during the time of the fifth ‘Umayyad’ Caliph, Malik-ar-Marwan (66-86 Hijri/685-705 C.E.) and during the governorship of Al-Hajaj in Iraq.

Some people argue that the present copy of the Qur’an that we have along with the vowels and the diacritical marks is not the same original Qur’an that was present at the Prophet’s time. But they fail to realize that the word ‘Qur’an’ means a recitation. Therefore, the preservation of the recitation of the Qur’an is important, irrespective of whether the script is different or whether it contains vowels. If the pronunciation and the Arabic is the same, naturally, the meaning remains the same too.

6. Allah Himself has promised to guard the Qur’an

Allah has promised in the Qur’an :

"We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly Guard it (from corruption). [Al-Qur’an 15:9]
Islam 101

So we have an original source of Quranic scripture . I can't say the same for the bible .

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join