It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am all for the 2nd but dont like concealed carry, and this is why...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I have had conceal carry in a couple of states and they had different views on this.

In one state the gun had to be 90% concealed at all times. The way it was described was that the minimum surface area of the gun required to make drawing the gun safely was how much should be visible. In other words, they don't want a person to have to fish around inside clothing to try to draw the gun. You have to be able to put a hand on it without too much interference.

But they also don't want it just hanging out in the open because that makes some people nervous and nervous people sometimes make stupid mistakes. They also felt that a visible gun was too much of a challenge to the "I can beat that train to the crossing" type of people.

The other state wanted it out in the open. That was mostly for the benefit of the police. I could see their point and it didn't bother me either way.

The main thing about conceal or open carry is not the fact that you have a firearm on you. Its the confidence you have when you carry It. Security professionals have known for a long time that the best way to be a victim is to first look like one. Criminals see it, recognize it, and act on it. Predators prey on the weak. It is nearly impossible to look like a victim when you are carrying lethal force and know how to use it.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I'm concerned that some out-of-town visitor might think you're a criminal if they see your gun.

But I guess the only thing they can do is call the police on you.

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join