It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am all for the 2nd but dont like concealed carry, and this is why...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75

Welcome, friend and fellow psycho... We've been waiting.

The image that some have of Americans is just ludicrous. Makes it very apparent that they do indeed watch all those movies they so hate. They know the plots better than I do...not that that's difficult, mind you.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Concealed Carry all the way. I was in the store last night and some fairly loud and obnoxious guys went past and I noticed one had an open carry pistol in a holster. That said to me that he wanted attention and probably had issues of insecurity. I also realized that if I wanted his gun it would be far easier to get it. If someone was concealed carrying you'd never know he had a firearm and couldn't target them.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Open carry scares the public and the police. That's both good and bad.
One the one hand the public (and police) NEED desensitizing to open carry--
it IS a right provided for in our constitution, and as such shouldn't be
something that generates fear. On the other hand walking around frightening
people seems a little insensitive...which usually fits quite well with the
personality types who generally open carry...police included.

That being said, I wish to reiterate, the public and police NEED to be
desensitized to open carry.

But I prefer concealed carry. I like the idea of being able to defend
myself, or others, if the need arises without advertising that fact.
A snake without a rattle...

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Some states are conceal carry, some are open carry. I have done both and seen both. I like conceal carry better personally. With open carry some people are inherently nervous and nervous people make mistakes. One of the intimidating things to criminals about conceal carry is not knowing who is carrying and who isn't. With open carry the unarmed people are obvious and are more likely to be targeted. Criminals are cowards by nature. They never pick on the biggest, meanest in the group. They pick on the smallest loaner off by himself. The old and injured are perfect targets. Far less able to defend themselves. Given the choice, I would conceal rather than advertise.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Punisher75
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Well that is no different than predators wanting my wallet is it?

I think that if people were allowed to just walk around openly armed, then the people most likely to be robbed would be those who are obviously not armed.
After all they would be the easier target.

Your wallet is concealed because you want people to keep their hands off.

Guns? Same principal.

Last time I saw an open carry guy my mom and I ended up getting robbed in a gas station. And I'm not against open carry, not at all, but you don't want to go around flaunting your guns. No. You carry your protection and nobody sees it unless its needed. Same as a martial arts skill.

Plus, looking at a bulge in someone's clothing shouldn't be your defining factor of judgment regarding whether or not a person has something to hide. Talk to that person. Determine for yourself if they are decent or not. And apart from that--unless they're robbing you--why's it your business if they're hiding something? It might unnerve you, but hey, that's life. Endure and move on.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I am for the right to bare arms too.... except for when they are covered in hideous tattoos....or hairy like a sasquatch.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I had an idea for a skit...

The setting is a large public place like a mall. Someone sees something fishy, and jumps to the conclusion the person is a threat and pulls their concealed gun, and fires.

Someone sees this first guy with a gun, pulls his gun out and fires on the first guy.

Since everyone has a gun, pretty soon everyone has their guns drawn and everyone is shooting at everyone else -- because no one knows who's a real threat and who isn't.

(post by chrisss removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I prefer conceal carry myself. It's no ones business what's under my clothes. I've seen people open carrying a few times in my area and it brings a smile to my face. The only time I like to open carry is when I'm hunting. I was small gaming once and ran into a group of college kids. They looked scared at first but I started talking to them, I was carrying a shot gun and I had a pistol on my side, they asked me questions, I answered, I did tell them they should be wearing orange while hiking in the woods during hunting season, I told them where to be careful because of steep hills etc etc etc... They thanked me profusely and they walked away being less scared and more informed. The shot gun was for small game, the pistol was for zombies, no seriously we have coyotes and wolves in the area and they can be aggressive.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
That I love comic books and I am not vain enough to all myself Superman?

edit on 3-8-2015 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: XxNightAngelusxX

Guns? Same principal.

No My Wallet is concealed because its in my pocket.... its in my pocket so my hands can be kept free.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I apologise for my incendiary comments and realise that I was out of line. I shouldn't drink and post. That's my problem and I'll own it.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki
I apologise for my incendiary comments and realise that I was out of line. I shouldn't drink and post. That's my problem and I'll own it.

If you are talking about your post about people being Dicks and violent or whatever, no worries, I was dorked for awhile but got over it. Its all cool

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I'm in favour of all citizens of the United States, aged 5 years and over, open-carrying M-16's over their shoulder. (Those aged 5 and under should be permitted hand guns).

After all, if you're gonna be a gun nut, why not go full peanuts!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Guns? Same principal.

No My Wallet is concealed because its in my pocket.... its in my pocket so my hands can be kept free.

Why do you think you hear about women's purses being stolen more than you hear about wallets being pickpocketed? Because purses are openly carried. Wallets are not.

That was my point... concealing it means hands off.

Free hands are just an added benefit.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexJowls
I'm in favour of all citizens of the United States, aged 5 years and over, open-carrying M-16's over their shoulder. (Those aged 5 and under should be permitted hand guns).

After all, if you're gonna be a gun nut, why not go full peanuts!

I hunted with my 12 year old and she carried her own rifle. It was amazing. As we were walking back to our blinds I looked at her and was very proud. I trust her with my life. I know you're being sarcastic but there are parts of the world where it isn't ridiculous for a kid to be armed.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: chefc14
hunted with my 12 year old and she carried her own rifle. It was amazing.

It truly must have been. What an achievement of human initiative.

I also heard they're colonising Mars, too... or some such. But, that's just some boring back page news.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I'm late to the game on responding to this, but it's not about me being honest, but it certainly does have something to do with other people knowing I have a weapon, as I don't think people have a right or need to know that information. It's odd that you pretend like carrying concealed implies that I have something to hide--I don't. Carrying concealed is a privilege for which I paid for and train on a relatively regular basis.

There are a lot of reasons why carrying concealed is a better decision than open carry, but I'm sure that in the 4 or more pages that are on this thread already, that has been discussed and pointed out at great length.

And to be honest, gaining your trust by way of how I carry my EDC weapon isn't really the first consideration that runs through my mind when I put it on my belt. I don't care who trusts me...it's who I trust that matters.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

That is a good question.

If I saw someone that may be carrying a concealed weapon, I'd be worried. It suggests to me that the firearm is being hidden for a reason and the wielder might have a nefarious purpose. But then again the media is trying to lead us to believe that anyone could have a nefarious purpose so any having a firearm visible could suggest the wielder is considering or even about to commit a crime.

And maybe it is because you grew up in a small community-people are generally more open and friendly in rural communities and are comfortable with their neighbors openly showing their weapons because they know what they are going to do with said weapons- go hunting. In a larger community things could be very different.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Guns? Same principal.

Why do you think you hear about women's purses being stolen more than you hear about wallets being pickpocketed? Because purses are openly carried. Wallets are not.

That was my point... concealing it means hands off.

Free hands are just an added benefit.

Oh without a doubt its easier to grab a purse than a wallet, but I cannot help but think that the fact that is it a woman carrying the purse has some bearing on the act.
What I mean by that is women are often times seen to be easier targets, and less likely to put up much of a fight.

However that being said, I am certain that in any case, purses would be more likely to be stolen. The question is really how often a purse is snatched in the way that is seen in the movies, ala a woman walking down the street and the bad guy runs up from behind, jerks the thing off her shoulder, and runs away, as opposed to her setting her purse down next to her on say a park bench or in a shopping cart and someone taking it that way.

I don't know of many Holsters that are not strapped and locked onto a person, wither that be on a shoulder or on the hip.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join