It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook’s Twisted Obsession With Annihilating Your Privacy Slammed As Illegal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Facebook has landed itself in trouble again over it’s controversial data policy, which actively seeks to destroy the anonymity of its users.

Germany’s Hamburg Commissioner for Data Protection, Johannes Caspar, has found that Facebook’s ‘real names’ policy is in violation of German data protection law and must cease immediately.

Read more
edit on 30-7-2015 by newsaddict because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: newsaddict

From a psychological standpoint it is my opinion something major happened to Mr. Zuckerberg after his company became international.

If you watch his early interviews from 2004 and forward you will notice a change in his demeanor.

In the beginning he was an easy going kid who just wanted to connect the world similar to MySpace. But as time went by his interviews became stressed, often times with what appears to be unnatural sweating, characteristic of someone who is lying or hiding something.

Being that he was so young it would have been very easy to find him doing something not so pleasant that could be used to manipulate his behavior.

The relaxed Mark Zuckerberg from 2004 is not the same person in 2015. I don't think that extraordinary wealth caused this stressed change.

Everything Facebook has done recently, manipulating content, eliminating privacy and such, seems to be the work of those who feel the need to collect as much users data as possible.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't think he is a greedy person, so I believe someone else could be pulling the strings.

Just profiling him from his interviews, I could be wrong.

edit on 30-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

being a thief will do that to you, especially if you think someone is out to get ya.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Nice if this can make enough waves to issue the change against it elsewhere. Though, wouldn't give that much credit to anything happening in the US-NSA surely requires this.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Step 1) Delete your Facebook profile.

Step 2) Resist the urge to re-activate it.

Step 3) Watch how stupid it is from the outside.

Step 4) Enjoy your new found privacy and become a social media specter.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

i have yet to get my head around the entire concept of " annonimity " on " social media "

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Are you against anonymity on social media? I would argue that internet forums like ATS are also social media.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I'm in the U.S. and this is crazy because the secret courts told me spying was legal.

Have faith in the system guys..

edit on 31-7-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrMaybeNot
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Are you against anonymity on social media? I would argue that internet forums like ATS are also social media.

Do you really think you are anonymous here?

Your browser tracks your history.

Google tracks your searches.

Facebook is a website in which you voluntarily put up pictures of your face. And give your name. And tell them where you go.

Why would you expect that to be private?

edit on 31-7-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

From a psychological standpoint it is my opinion something major happened to Mr. Zuckerberg after his company became international.

If you watch his early interviews from 2004 and forward you will notice a change in his demeanor.

In the beginning he was an easy going kid who just wanted to connect the world similar to MySpace. But as time went by his interviews became stressed, often times with what appears to be unnatural sweating, characteristic of someone who is lying or hiding something.

Being that he was so young it would have been very easy to find him doing something not so pleasant that could be used to manipulate his behavior.

The relaxed Mark Zuckerberg from 2004 is not the same person in 2015. I don't think that extraordinary wealth caused this stressed change.

Everything Facebook has done recently, manipulating content, eliminating privacy and such, seems to be the work of those who feel the need to collect as much users data as possible.

I don't think he is a greedy person, so I believe someone else could be pulling the strings.

facebook and google know more of you than your parents or partner.
i doubt it's all about active advertising.
collecting almost complete profiles of each person can be a very powerful tool.
i'm thinking of establishing a new world order and a quick browsing of whom to get rid of first because of possible resistance.

but as long as the "i've got nothing to hide"-sheeple are the majority, facebook and google will be the most famous spyware and far worse things are to come.
dumb masses deserve dumb things

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
Step 1) Delete your Facebook profile.

Step 2) Resist the urge to re-activate it.

Step 3) Watch how stupid it is from the outside.

Step 4) Enjoy your new found privacy and become a social media specter.

Step 1) if you have nothing to hide ...

Step 2) then who cares ?

Step 3) ________________ insert rebuttal....go

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

on all outlet, there are ads to join Facebook, something is up, and this in international, not just the USA

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Maybe the movie ex machina is hitting a little to close to home for Mr z

Just add government and a non body ai

en.m.wikipedia.org...(film)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I love the "I have nothing to hide" crowd.

Ok then, we want to know where you work, how much you make, how many times you bought or sold something and didn't file income taxes for it, how many times you were speeding or ran stop signs, how many time you used illegal drugs, and anything that pertains to the government missing out on it's much needed revenue.

Do you see how ridiculous that sounds? Nothing to hide, huh?

Our Liberty is more important than anything the schmucks on Capitol Hill will tell you. It is more important than life itself. It is more important to be free and have privacy than it is to post on Fakebook about your silly little life.

I don't care who justifies its use. You don't need Fakebook or any other socially derived database.

The government thanks you for your complete compliance whenever you use those sites. You just made their job that much easier.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
What Havok said summed it up nicely.
edit on 31-7-2015 by bananashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Yeah right.

I remember the first time I saw Facebook trying to lure me into giving all my missing personal informations:

'' Please help us secure and protect your account by giving up your phone number, home address, postal code, etc ''

I laughed hard that day.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
What lesson was the Berlin Wall to the German's?
Or anyone else it effected/infected?

I don't need your papers, just tell me if you like my cookies or not!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

I understand what you're saying but if you type my username in Google, you won't get my name. Always useful when looking for a job.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This is one of those things ...

*sigh* Facebook is optional to use. No one is being forced to use it.

Also, Facebook only knows what you tell it.

Personally, I deleted all my "likes". Unless it's a post by an individual I know and actually their words -- I don't "like" it. I'm not giving Facebook any advertising data on me.

I also am very careful of what I share.

Amazingly, Facebook hardly shows me any advertisements. It doesn't know what to show me, so it doesn't show me anything. Amazing how that works!

I probably have the most boring profile because I don't "like" any music, movies, tv shows, sports...anything. It's all blank. Even my job, school -- all that stuff is blank. I provide the bare minimum to use the service.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
Facebook is a website in which you voluntarily put up pictures of your face. And give your name. And tell them where you go.

Why would you expect that to be private?
Because in Germany, you're allowed to give a pseudonym instead of your real name, and can even use the pseudonym on identification.

Facebook says people have to give their real names, and can't use pseudonyms. They even took one Facebook page using a pseudonym and replaced it with the person's real name. Facebook can't do that in Germany, thus, the topic of this thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join