It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have to see this movie: "Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief"!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Of course having seen through the paranoid delusion that make up the corporation of Scientology from the get go, nothing of what is presented in this movie is a surprise, but this documentary brings out a few things that really sets up the premise of conspiracy within this so-called religion.

Former high ranking Scientologists open up the bag completely and takes us into the Madness of not only L. Ron Hubbard, but also the psychosis of David Miscavige and Tom Cruise.

I am amazed how this so-called church to this date is still exempt from tax based on themselves saying it's about religious freedom.

The way they conspire to keep members in check, keep former members in check and try to influence people, throwing around their silly abbreviations.

Hopefully this documentary will spark a lot more people waking up and leaving this prison and blowing the lid of this church of lies and deceit.

If you haven't seen it, I highly incourage you to do so. Here in Denmark we were lucky enough to having it aired on national tv for everyone to see.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: flice
I always thought that the South Park episode on scientology was exaggerated.
Nope.
Great watch for sure. The documentary, that is.

(South Park, too.)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I saw it on HBO. Most of the stuff I already knew about. The stuff I didn't know about came as no surprise considering the stuff I DID know about. Good documentary though.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Somewhere there is a list of things that mark a cult from an actual religion, and if I remember correctly, Scientology tends to score red flags on it.

It has nothing to do with actual beliefs of doctrines but about the actual mechanisms of control.

Well here's that list. As you can see, it's more about social practice than it is about religious belief. As we all know, Christianity has had its share of cults over the years and I wonder if some of this list doesn't apply to groups like ISIS too? But you can see Scientology as is seems to fit a lot of these criteria.
edit on 28-7-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
That was an amazing film. The part about them keeping the high ranking church officials locked in trailers and abusing them was difficult to believe but apparently true. Tom Cruise came across as a delusional jerk.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I watched it a while back on HBO. I know I'll catch flak for this but, I came away from it actually feeling sorry for Tom Cruise. He was one of my favorite actors as a kid.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There used to be a group called "Cult Watch", I think. They specialized in rescuing people from cults, kidnapping them and then de-programming them. A lot of Scientologists' family hired them get their kids back. Anywho, long story short, The Church of Scientology bought them, so now the "fox is guarding the hen house"!

ETA: Ah, it was "The Cult Awareness Network"

WARNING: The Cult Awareness Network owned, run by Scientology Crime Syndicate!
edit on 28-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

That is probably true, but many of the people that sign up for "treatment" through Scientology did so as an alternative to inpatient psychiatric care at a more traditional rehab facility. Those participants require much more structure and monitoring.

I'm not talking about the celebs like Tom Cruise that signed on for the Scientology theatrical performance program. There was a group of artists, theatrical performers and sci fi writers including LRH employed by the Navy in a secret classified psyops project during WW2.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
I always thought that the South Park episode on scientology was exaggerated.
Nope.
Great watch for sure. The documentary, that is.

(South Park, too.)

They may have used cartoons, but it was fairly accurate. The same with the one they did on Mormonism.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
All religions are cults to me...this one however, is worse than most.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
All religions are cults to me...this one however, is worse than most.

Define "worse". Do we really need to go there? On a bloodletting scale they'd need centuries to catch up.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Fair enough, however bloodletting isnt the only scale for destruction of lives now is it?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
It is one of the worst decisions of the UK of recent years, to allow these jokers 'religious' status.

Don't know what dirt they had on what politician to allow that to happen. But. Yeah.

The Germans have the right idea.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
i think one of the worst parts of that documentary was when it described how the "church" of scientology was successfully able to bully and threaten the IRS with mounds of potential litigation until they were given their tax exempt status. since that actually defines them as a "real" religion on paper with the government and they are given all the protections and rights of an actual religion, which they don't deserve at all.

the IRS needs to revoke their tax exempt status and they need to be dismantled and destroyed. the amount of money the "religion" hoards to themselves without spending it on the betterment of anyone or anything except their own buildings is disgusting.

miscavage or however you spell his name needs to be de-throned and put on trial.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I read where recently Leak Remini the actress from King of Queens spoke oput against Scientology. But she said she has gone back to the catholic faith instead. I guess Scientology was too rude to her, that's the problem, the lies about the scientology god existing at all in the first place not a big deal?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I finally got my wife to see this the past weekend via HBO on demand and she was completely blown away by how despicable the members of this religion behaved towards those that wanted to leave. The stalking and harassment was justified by the members as being acceptable because the persons who left were allegedly spreading lies about this fine group of people.

The sad and pathetic behavior displayed on the documentary only reinforces the negative stereotypes that have been discussed here previously.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I'll have to check it out.

As long as they don't charge me $80,000 first.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Well, the good thing is if you want to learn all the secrets you can just watch South Park and save your money,

Hail Xenu!!!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Already saw it some time ago. One f'ed up cult that needs to be brought to justice and destroyed forever.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Well, the good thing is if you want to learn all the secrets you can just watch South Park and save your money,

Hail Xenu!!!

I think I will.

Let me just make one thing perfectly CLEAR.

I will be measuring it with a device to see if it is factual or not.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join