It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Says 'I Could Win' 3rd Term as President

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I'm sure you know by now that the extreme right will use anything and everything to blame Obama and the Left.

The tomatoes are growing slow this year.

Tomatoes are red.

Commies like Red.

Obama is a Commie.

Obama is poisoning our tomatoes.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Amendment XXII

Section 1.

No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Well what if # was so crazy, there was no election? I mean, serious World War III style.. just imagine the most terrible scenario possible, couldn't he "sit in" for the beginning of a third term, with promises to relinquish the seat as soon as stability returns and an election even becomes, possible?
edit on 7/28/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well if the IRS cheated for me...

I could President too.

The sad part is...He has actually bought in to his own BS.

He couldn't elected the my Home Owners Association.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

And the really weird thing is, I have friends and family that would actually wholely believe that entire line of logic -- for real!

Bad tomatoes = Obama's fault somehow. While sitting around at a dinner, the lack of tomatoes would come up and someone would blame it on Obama, and everyone else would nod and throw in how else he's ruining the world and bringing the "End Times" from Biblical prophecy.

There used to be intelligent conservative people...I swear I can remember a time when they weren't this idiotic.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think he'd beat Hillary if he could run, lulz.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Amendment XXII

Section 1.

No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Well what if # was so crazy, there was no election? I mean, serious World War III style.. just imagine the most terrible scenario possible, couldn't he "sit in" for the beginning of a third term, with promises to relinquish the seat as soon as stability returns and an election even becomes, possible?

The reason for that stipulation is because it allows room in case the President was originally the VP and the sitting President died in office. That word allows for that President to run for two additional elections after that partial term ends.

There is no reason we'd suspend elections in this country. The President doesn't have the authority to do that, even in times of great war.
edit on 28-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I just copied the title of this thread.
Now I will paste it here:

Seems that the subject of the thread is Obama and how much he thinks of himself.

while he also stated this in the same article -

“There’s a lot that I’d like to do to keep America moving,” he added. “But the law is the law,” he said, “and no person is above the law, not even the president.”

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Hey get your facts and context out of here! We are supposed to just look at little quote blurbs out of context so we can wildly assume the worst meanings behind them!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Seems that the subject of the thread is Obama and how much he thinks of himself.

“There’s a lot that I’d like to do to keep America moving,” he added. “But the law is the law,” he said, “and no person is above the law, not even the president.”

You forgot to add:

Unless, you are Hillary.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Eddie it gives so much...

But it takes, and it takes, and it takes!

a reply to: oriondc

# 486

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I think a lot of that started shortly after the Obamabots were still trying to blame Bush for all of Obamas failures.

That quickly turned into a backlash from the right forcing blame on Obama for less-than-logical reasons.

Now, I think that its just a tongue in cheek response.

Really, it works similar to most social settings. ...a group will band together easier if they can all agree on who the "opposition" is, or pick out which one doesn't fit in.

Basically, its easier to talk politics with friends if we just all agree that its Obamas fault. Then we dont have to worry about crossing anybody's personal feel goods.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Right now, seems Trump is gonna win that seat.

All he has to do is convince the masses he will overhaul the economy and he'll have more votes than his comb over can handle.

On some levels, I do wonder what he could do for this country, a guy who made billions in various ventures, could be a good leader for a nation slowly dying economically.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I remember the Carter Administration.
He was the butt of many jokes.
He was blamed for most of the ills that plagued our country at the time.
So this isn't anything new, it is just new to some.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I experience the same.

I find it even funnier when people say "the left does it too". That is completely false. The Left has their issues but the extreme right is on an entire different level of crazy.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

No one gets the point.
He thinks he could win a third term, in an election.
It is my opinion that in a fair election, if he could run, he would lose as it stands right now.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Don't worry sheeple,

I didn't mean he was actually going to try and sit in for a third term, I was merely entertaining my bored mind with the unrealistic possibility. But I suppose that could be seen as fear mongering and so I apologize duly.

Yes we can!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

No, we all get the point. We just don't care. There's no real threat behind his words and he was just making an analogy to drive home his more important part that African leaders should step down despite their perceived popularity in their heads.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
He'll step down because it's the law.....

Interesting. When has the Constitution stopped him from making Executive Orders?? And when has Congress stopped him from doing ANYTHING?

If the Puppet Master wants him in for a third term, then in all probability he'll be there.

And just to be fair, for years after Barry was elected Bush was blamed for everything - so anybody who didn't hear stuff about Bush must not have been listening.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Followed by this bit of self-indulging garbage;

“I actually think I’m a pretty good president,” Mr. Obama said, departing from his prepared text in a speech at the African Union. “I think if I ran, I could win.”

Problem is he used the word, think. You ever seen a puppet with a functional brain lol.

Definition of a delusional narcissist...... Obama.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/28.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I think somebody else is planning on moving in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join