It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Says 'I Could Win' 3rd Term as President

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jansy
He'll step down because it's the law.....

Interesting. When has the Constitution stopped him from making Executive Orders?? And when has Congress stopped him from doing ANYTHING?

The Constitution hasn't stopped ANY President from making Executive Orders. After all, all Presidents sign EO's...

If the Puppet Master wants him in for a third term, then in all probability he'll be there.

The Puppet Master? Isn't he a Batman villain?

And just to be fair, for years after Barry was elected Bush was blamed for everything - so anybody who didn't hear stuff about Bush must not have been listening.

Just as equally fair, most of that blaming of Bush was in response to Conservatives blaming Obama for things in the first place.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: oriondc
Wow, is the president going to repackage, cash for clunkers?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: introvert

'I Could Win' 3rd Term as President

^^^^^ I said he thinks a lot of himself.... ^^^^

That might be the title for the piece in the NY times, but it's not what he actually said is it? Sheesh, I'm sure that if this was filmed it would have been clear he was making a joke.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen you'll miss him when he's gone, you'll have nothing to post about

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
The Puppet Master? Isn't he a Batman villain?

He was an old white guy that made puppets that came to life and killed people.

Revelation 13:15 (English Standard Version)
And it was allowed to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast might even speak and might cause those who would not worship the image of the beast to be slain.

Putting it on a bit thick are we. I'm just a Satirist..

edit on 7/28/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jansy
He'll step down because it's the law.....

Interesting. When has the Constitution stopped him from making Executive Orders?? And when has Congress stopped him from doing ANYTHING?

If the Puppet Master wants him in for a third term, then in all probability he'll be there.

And just to be fair, for years after Barry was elected Bush was blamed for everything - so anybody who didn't hear stuff about Bush must not have been listening.

Congress has stopped a lot of things the Obama administration put forward - given that Republicans have a majority in both houses why wouldn't that surprise you? Most of the time (and I may get some negative reaction to this) I don't think it's because they disagree in principle with what is proposed, they just want to oppose anything and everything they can.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The reality is that many in the US dislike Obama because he is black. It's not politics or state of the country because many of them also don't pay attention to whats goes on anyway. Nothing much has changed in the last 15+ years. But there is also the hate a democrat group of which many are in the clueless about politics also.

And of course there is the same from the other side of the street. No wonder we end up at the same place, election after election.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Ummm, yes .... yes they did.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I agree with 99% of that, and the hypothetical conversation made me choke on the smoke I was inhaling...

But I still see people bring up Bush at random times now and then...
Probably not at the same frequency though.

You're kidding right?

I was active on an African cichlid forum and we'd be all into a discussion about the relative merits of different strains of Cyphotilapia frontosa and suddenly someone would jump in about how you couldn't find enough of this or that strain because of Bush ...

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

If the apocalypse is night and The Donald wins, I'm not sure how he can stop it. Not without serious breach of the COTUS.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Executive actions are hard to over ride by Congress.

The ones that over step are usually beaten down in court.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Of course, half of those comments, just like the "It's Bush's fault" comments are a joke.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: introvert

And the really weird thing is, I have friends and family that would actually wholely believe that entire line of logic -- for real!

Bad tomatoes = Obama's fault somehow. While sitting around at a dinner, the lack of tomatoes would come up and someone would blame it on Obama, and everyone else would nod and throw in how else he's ruining the world and bringing the "End Times" from Biblical prophecy.

There used to be intelligent conservative people...I swear I can remember a time when they weren't this idiotic.

Translation:

Man all those conservatives sure have gotten stupid. Thanks, Obama!
edit on 28-7-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

The way she's polling and running a 10-years's expired can of split pea soup could beat Hillary for re-election, so that's no real talking point.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: xuenchen you'll miss him when he's gone, you'll have nothing to post about

We thought that about Bush, but you guys didn't seem to get any happier about anything. It's been amusing. You just refocused you anger on those of us who disliked what "your guy" was doing.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I'll be reading some comments on Facebook about something silly like new rules for street vendors in town...

Suddenly someone will jump in with some "It's Obama's fault, worst prez in history, yo!"

Like, really? What? What does the President have to do with a local city's policy on street vendors? I never saw ANY of that when Bush was POTUS.

Ohhhh, I see the problem...

You're on FB.

In response to this, you'll probably say... "No, I see it plenty on ATS too".. and so on and so forth.

Yikers!!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: oriondc

Obama Says 'I Could Win' 3rd Term as President

Good for him

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: refined

Well, it's easy to win a third term as president since no one can do it in reality anymore, not legally.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So he makes a speech about Africa's advancement and the need for leader's there to step down when the time comes, just as it is in the US. I can't believe some see this as an Obama ego trip.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

If we did not have term limits I think we would have seen Bill Clinton in office a lot longer. Even today if its a choice between any democratic challenger and Bill Clinton, I think bill would win.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join