It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Says 'I Could Win' 3rd Term as President

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Pardon if this has already been posted (I didn't find it in a search).

Can you believe the nerve of some people? The strange thing is, it's probably true:

www.nytimes.com...

ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia — President Obama asserted on Tuesday that he could win a third term if allowed by the Constitution, but said he was looking forward to life after the presidency, when he will be able to take a walk and spend more time with his family.

As he wrapped up what may be his final trip to Africa while in office, Mr. Obama took aim at some of the continent’s gerontocracy and called on long-entrenched leaders to step down, declaring that “nobody should be president for life.” But it led to an off-the-cuff riff about his own improved political standing and his future.

“I actually think I’m a pretty good president,” Mr. Obama said, departing from his prepared text in a speech at the African Union. “I think if I ran, I could win.”

edit on 7282015 by oriondc because: Edit to correct link.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I would have to look at poll numbers and a number of other factors to decide whether or not he could win another term. I think it's a good possibility.

Obama is much more palatable than Hillary and I have a lot of doubt a Republican can win the White House at this point.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: oriondc
Here is something that Obama said yesterday:
“In 18 months, I’m turning over the keys,” Obama said. “I want to make sure I’m turning over the keys to somebody who is serious about the serious problems that the country faces and the world faces.”
Seattle Times
I wonder what steps he will take to 'make sure'?
I'm sure he understands that it isn't up to him alone who is elected to replace him.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I'm sure he understands that it isn't up to him alone who is elected to replace him.

Of course he does. You're looking way too hard in to that comment.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It only seems like everyone hates him because the people that do are the loudest.

Those people who hate Obama will bring him up out of the blue and derail any conversation.

"This cheese is wonderful Patrick"

"You know what's not wonderful like this cheese? Obama!"

I haven't ever experienced anything like this before. I mean, Bush Jr. was unpopular, but people didn't just derail perfectly normal conversations with anti-Bush crap.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Of course he does. You're looking way too hard in to that comment.

No, you just think that I am.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I just copied the title of this thread.
Now I will paste it here:

Obama Says 'I Could Win' 3rd Term as President

Seems that the subject of the thread is Obama and how much he thinks of himself.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I agree with 99% of that, and the hypothetical conversation made me choke on the smoke I was inhaling...

But I still see people bring up Bush at random times now and then...
Probably not at the same frequency though.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

You're not taking his comment in proper context within what was being discussed.

He was talking with and in reference to African leaders that do not give up their power after their terms end.

It would be better to look at it as if he said "Sure, I could win another election and keep my power, but that's not good for the democratic process".

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

'I Could Win' 3rd Term as President

^^^^^ I said he thinks a lot of himself.... ^^^^

link   

I haven't ever experienced anything like this before. I mean, Bush Jr. was unpopular, but people didn't just derail perfectly normal conversations with anti-Bush crap.

It occurs to me that blaming Obama for derailing conversations would be a great premise for an article at The Onion.

"Obama is derailing conversations!"
"Obama is the conversation derailer-in-chief!"
"I want my conversation back!"

link   

Love term limits. No more 'legacy' - new blood.

No Bush, no Clinton, no this dude either.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

This is so funny and SOOOO true.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Here is something that Obama said yesterday:
“In 18 months, I’m turning over the keys,” Obama said. “I want to make sure I’m turning over the keys to somebody who is serious about the serious problems that the country faces and the world faces.”

He wants to make sure he doesn't hand them over to Donald Trump, basically.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Look OUT !!!

It's not always what is *said* or even implied.

It's sometimes about what is being *Thought* (as in wishful thinking).

This could be a dangerous indication !!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I'll be reading some comments on Facebook about something silly like new rules for street vendors in town...

Suddenly someone will jump in with some "It's Obama's fault, worst prez in history, yo!"

Like, really? What? What does the President have to do with a local city's policy on street vendors? I never saw ANY of that when Bush was POTUS.

link   
I actually don't align with many (if not most) of his stances as a politician. ...

But I like the man.

It's a very odd confusion for me to be sure.

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If there was a WWII-level event, Obama could sit in for a third term without being re-elected.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Nope, not even then. It was because of the LAST WWII style event that we passed the 22nd Amendment.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

If you have Twitter, or indeed I'm sure the same with Facebook...

Do a keyword search for "Thanks Obama"...
Or #ThanksObama...

Pretty hilarious if you have the spare time.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join