It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Walker and Wisconsin GOP Being Sued For Rigging Elections

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Let's not even pretend that this is something new to politics.

I think we both know that Walker pushed things to far...

...so does everyone else!

Even Trump slapped him and his failed policies down!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

In August of 2011, the GOP controlled Wisconsin State Legislature secretly redrew the electoral map. Governor Scott Walker “quietly” signed off on the new map on the same day several state senators were up for recall. The Wisconsin Democratic Party, along with an immigrant rights organization, filed a lawsuit – but only two of the new gerrymandered districts were ordered redrawn. As a result, Republicans captured almost two-thirds of the state assembly seats – despite the fact that Democrats actually won a majority of the votes.

Sour grapes on the lawsuit.

Fight fire with fire as they say.

" a bit of the hair of the dog that bit me "

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

You have to ask that?

Of course it is.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

If you can't win, get a recall, and if you still can't win, sue.

That's not what this is about. You're way off base. Typical dirty tricks by walker and his cronies, bought and paid for by the koch (crook) brothers!

Those doing the buying and paying in many cases do it for both sides. No matter who wins they win. But if we could just get rid of the corrupt walker or Bush. Or Obama or Clinton. Or democrats or republicans then it's all better. Because the financiers behind the scenes that bankroll these politicians truely have the best interest of the non connected people that vote for their puppets in mind and is why they bankroll them. No really , they shell millions of dollars out to help you

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
So this happened 4 years ago, and people are trying to sue.

But we can't bring up Benghazi anymore because it happened so long ago (4 years) and really, what difference does it make!

Ahhh elections must be near!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

You have to ask that?

Of course it is.

That's completely nauseating. I'm beginning to see the point that was raised by Beezzer yesterday. How can one expect the populous to follow the law when they are the worst offenders. Boggles my frickin mind.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Because of the recent SCOTUS ruling on drawing district maps. This is something the Democrats in Wisconsin have been fighting Walker in court, for years.

From the OP's source.

In August of 2011, the GOP controlled Wisconsin State Legislature secretly redrew the electoral map. Governor Scott Walker “quietly” signed off on the new map on the same day several state senators were up for recall. The Wisconsin Democratic Party, along with an immigrant rights organization, filed a lawsuit – but only two of the new gerrymandered districts were ordered redrawn. As a result, Republicans captured almost two-thirds of the state assembly seats – despite the fact that Democrats actually won a majority of the votes.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I want the Wisconsin GOP to blame it on a Youtube video.

*eats popcorn and watches the silliness ensue*

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Technology has come along way since these laws were written.

Why, in this much smaller world we live in, can't we get red of all the BS lines and just let the majority vote win?

No lines, no electoral college, majority vote wins, problem solved.
edit on 27-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

The eleventy million congressional investigations all under GOP control and still you want more?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Up here in Canada who ever is in power before election time usually switch around some sections of voting regions to help keep there seats in parliament.

They all do it
edit on 27-7-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Up here in Canada who ever is in power before election time usually switch around some sections of voting regions to help keep there seats in parliament.

They all do it

Duke!

Only the GOP does it!

(we are evil, don'tcha know. . . . . . )

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Not sure about the gop behing evil and all, but you are one the evilest wrabbits in town

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Not sure about the gop behing evil and all, but you are one the evilest wrabbits in town

I actually have that on my CV.

But with 14 months to go, I expect more drama on both sides.

Sometimes it's kabuki theatre.

But without the make-up.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This is just the unions vainly trying to find something , anything to get back at Walker with.They are the most corrupt organizations in this country. Trust me , been there done that.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

They all do it

According to the complaint, this “partisan gerrymandering” violates the First and Fourteenth Amendments of the U.S. Constitution. Specifically, it “treats voters unequally, diluting their voting power based on their political belief.” At the same time, they are being denied equal protection under the law while their right of association and free speech have been severely compromised.

Just shows us what politicians really think of the voters and the political system.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join