It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Marshals Raid Sheriff Joe’s Office

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: xuenchen

Did you notice that the Sheriff ADMITTED to the charges?

Reported on the Tea Party site. Not Cnn, ABC, NBC, ETC(hmm is that a better channel?)

Must be something about overreaching government then.

As I said, bigger government is always wronger than smaller government. A person can leave a smaller government. There is no escape, eventually, from a growing bigger government.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Arpaio is a grade A asshole that really needs to be removed from office. At least, according to my perceptions and the opinions of the family I have living in his county

To bad a majority of people in your family's county disagree with your family huh?

Wonder when the feds you are so gallantly cheering on are going to Raid Eric Holder for his still being held in contempt of court?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
So... he was profiling the race that keeps burglarizing their way into the country? SO? It's obviously not Asians crossing the MEXICAN border.
edit on 29-7-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
So... he was profiling the race that keeps burglarizing their way into the country? SO? It's obviously not Asians crossing the MEXICAN border.

Since 1960, the number of Chinese immigrants arriving in America has increased each decade, according to a Migration Policy Institute report. “The Chinese born represent the second-largest immigrant group in the country (after the foreign born from Mexico) in 2010,” the report says. Chinese illegal immigrants attracted to the U.S. alongside their Central American counterparts will likely contribute to the continued growth of the Chinese immigrant population. Spratte says he’s heard rumors that Chinese juveniles might be headed his way next, but he says he has encountered only Chinese adults thus far. www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

It's also NOT just Mexicans that are here illegally.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It's also NOT just Mexicans that are here illegally.

Not only that, those of Mexican heritage have been here for hundreds of years.

The majority of those of Mexican heritage are legal Americans.

Sheriff Joe does not differentiate.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

So you have no problem if an officer pulls over every brown person they see and asks them for their papers? Hell even if a person's papers are in order the MCSO have no problem with arresting a person for being Hispanic and never actually charging them with anything.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Kromlech

So you have no problem if an officer pulls over every brown person they see and asks them for their papers? Hell even if a person's papers are in order the MCSO have no problem with arresting a person for being Hispanic and never actually charging them with anything.

The police always ask everybody for I.D. when they pull somebody over.

No drivers license is not legal.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And what that does that have to do with a Caucasian person getting pulled over, not being given a ticket or anything, but their Hispanic passenger was arrested on charges that were never specified by the MCSO?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Arpaio is a grade A asshole that really needs to be removed from office. At least, according to my perceptions and the opinions of the family I have living in his county

Was he elected by the people of AZ?
As the sheriff of Maricopa County for many years (trusted official). What happened to Cochise County Larry Dever of Coshise County?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Everything.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
What happened to Cochise County Larry Dever of Coshise County?

Got killed drunk driving, it happens to thousands of yanks a year.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
What happened to Cochise County Larry Dever of Coshise County?

Got killed drunk driving, it happens to thousands of yanks a year.

We've been over that already.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: sean
In the meantime the US government border patrol puts road blocks a 100 miles inland on interstate highways and force everyone to answer questions under duress.

And? Oh wait, you mean the Border Patrol is doing their job? And the HWY Patrol. They have check points too.

I go through 3 of them every time I drive from AZ to CA.

Yeah and it's absolutely pointless. They ask if you are a US citizen and where are you going? Answer those two questions and you drive right on through. How is that security? I could be a terrorist with 100 lbs of TNT in the trunk.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

In the meantime the US government border patrol puts road blocks a 100 miles inland on interstate highways and force everyone to answer questions under duress.

And? Oh wait, you mean the Border Patrol is doing their job? And the HWY Patrol. They have check points too.

Yeah and it's absolutely pointless. They ask if you are a US citizen and where are you going? Answer those two questions and you drive right on through. How is that security? I could be a terrorist with 100 lbs of TNT in the trunk.

Juaquim El Chaco Guzman " (just running 90 percent of the drugs EVERYWHERE) this is a frightening world no one can get control of (interesting their idea; let the junkies kill themselves, it is almost as if they are profiting upon your eventual overdose or the killing of your spirit). Guzman is your God telling you "FOOL DIE" using my product. He is God telling you die. WHY?
edit on 29-7-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I've been stopped twice and asked a lot of questions. Could be they were looking for the type car I'm driving.

Don't ever look nervous. Just relax and know you belong where you are, doing what you're doing.

The dogs still make me nervous though.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

From my understanding Sheriff Joe attempts to enforce the law. Our society, however, chooses to interpret the law of the land as merely a suggestion and therefore to take such an aggressive action like enforcement puts Joe outside the mainstream and makes him the bad guy. This kind of attitude by the masses is going to have dire consequences for our country sooner or later.

I am all for legal immigration. Give us your tired, your poor. Your huddled masses yearning to be free. There is nothing about giving us your criminals, a strategy that Mexico employs. I have nothing against Mexican people, in fact I would welcome a good Mexican family as my neighbors anytime. They work hard, they have solid family values, I love their food (authentic and not that Tex-Mex crap you get in restaurants), and they keep religion as part of the backbone of their values. Dependable and reliable, fun to be around, and they will help you if you need it without question. However, none of that is true for the criminals. They take advantage of the reputation of the good upstanding Mexican people to create a cancer in our society with drugs, weapons, gang style executions. In so doing they drag the good people down with them. And the Mexican Government seems to be okay with that.

And it is true that people who have migrated to this country the right way are not in favor of allowing just anyone to come across the border without going through the legal process. Besides, illegal immigrants are forced to work for chicken scratch under the threat of being sent home. Non-reportable income causes all kinds of problems in our society, including crime.

We want legal aliens....not illegal aliens.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: icewater
a reply to: Annee

From my understanding Sheriff Joe attempts to enforce the law.

NO.

Years ago, when he was viewed as a "tough on illegal immigration" sheriff, he was given (by Feds, I think) the opportunity to develop a workable plan to stop/curb illegal immigration. He was being monitored. Whether ego/arrogance, prejudice --- whatever --- he abused his power by implementing illegal methods.

He would put up roadblocks and go into businesses rounding up every person that looked Mexican. Being American of Mexican heritage is not an illegal alien.

It's basically the same thing as rounding up all Japanese in WWII ---- just because of their ethnic heritage.

Anyway, his rights to dealing with illegals was rescinded and given to another agency. He ignored this and continued profiling anyone who looked Mexican.

He also built up a support group of "Good Old Boys" mostly white men, some women ---- who he showed favoritism too. While at the same time preventing Police/Fire/Rescue from responding to geographic areas he didn't like, or just making sure they took their time.

He's totally corrupt. That's just the basics. There's a lot more.

edit on 30-7-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join