It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan Statue to be unveiled in Detroit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: zbeliever
a reply to: notmyrealname

Yes I know they have been prophesying the end for years also. The reason I referenced 40 years ago is because the church of that time seemed simpler fundraisers for orphans and missionaries....

Because Christians are just so notorious for how humanely they treated all those orphans and all the indigenous people the missionaries were apparently trying to save, right?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: zbeliever

Are you a satanist?

My understanding is that it is not the hellfire and brimstone evil devil that the bible/christianity describes but just another diety like anyother religion.

Not saying there isn't some that do worship the devil as he is known in the bible, just that not all of them do.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It needs to be vandalized. If they force things groups of people need to straighten it out. I'd have huge signatures, hopefully majority, and then have them all confess. People really need to shout NO. Mean it. And refuse to have things shoved down their throats. Get large numbers and stop them. Destroy them. Stand up against them and chase them out of town if necessary.

So fed up with people not reacting. Not stopping it. You don't accept it, so they get a warning, letters signed by the majority. Step 1, do it in 1 week, if not step 2. last step the majority act swiftly and competently and all confess and stand there very angry with bull horns out and refuse to pay their salaries any longer. Sign it. Round table.

Don't allow them to do their crapola any more.

These are the ABC's and 123's of actually having a democracy, representational (which means they are doing your will and upholding the highest principles) or not!!!! It takes people not letting criminals over run them and signing round table and dealing with each issue and no police, no politicians, no judge win win the m ajority refuse, and cut salaries and undo whatever they are allowing done.
edit on 26-7-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
It needs to be vandalized. If they force things groups of people need to straighten it out. I'd have huge signatures, hopefully majority, and then have them all confess. People really need to shout NO. Mean it. And refuse to have things shoved down their throats. Get large numbers and stop them. Destroy them. Stand up against them and chase them out of town if necessary.

So fed up with people not reacting. Not stopping it. You don't accept it, so they get a warning, letters signed by the majority. Step 1, do it in 1 week, if not step 2. last step the majority act swiftly and competently and all confess and stand there very angry with bull horns out and refuse to pay their salaries any longer. Sign it. Round table.

These are the ABC's and 123's of actually having a democracy, representational (which means they are doing your will and upholding the highest principles) or not!!!! It takes people not letting criminals over run them and signing round table and dealing with each issue and no police, no politicians, no judge win win the m ajority refuse, and cut salaries and undo whatever they are allowing done.

So you are suggesting that they fight a lawful display of their religion with criminal vandalism?

And who's salaries are you talking about? This is a private group doing this. Are you wanting them to find out where they are employed and have their employers carry out religious discrimination? I'm not sure you understand what's going on there.
edit on 26-7-2015 by Cuervo because: Grammar

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I like the first one..

Lolz.

edit on 26-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
A goat with wings is just as silly as men walking on water and men splitting oceans apart with magic...

Religion is fun

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
This is fantastic. I love watching Christians get their hypocritical undershorts in a wad. They wan't their religion to be the law of the land and condemn the other religions wanting the same thing. All of them are a bunch of loons.

I could sit back and watch threads like this with a bucket 'o popcorn all day. LMAO

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

I think you'll find that that is a statue of Baphomet,not Satan.

As an atheist,I feel that ALL religions should be treated equally and with respect.I think everyone else should feel this way too.

I "wiki"ed Baphomet,it seems he is the creator and represents wisdom.Nice.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Tickets $25 each. Guess they want to keep out the Riff-Raff.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

This is a joke or a farce meant to prove a point. The point is that we are supposed to have freedom of religion in this country. And many christians want to be able to practice their religion how they see fit. And that their version of religion should be the national religion. Not "technically" but still have rights that other religions do not get like displaying their monuments in public spaces.

The ten commandments being the major battle ground. And then we get into "America is a Christian nation" patriotic nationalism of God and country where you cannot dare question their version of religion. It is American dominion ism ish christianity that is the state religion. The only one that can display its symbols in public spaces. And that all non christians living in America must live by their puritanical moral codes.

It's the placing of the nationalist christianity above the rest with special privilege. This is a lesson in hypocrisy.

This is coming from one who is a follower of Christ. Not a Christian as christianity is nothing more than an arm of the empire.

My kingdom is not of this world. What part of that don't christians get? We cannot legislate morality nor should we legislate Christianity by elevating our nation to a Christian nation. The empire and the kingdom are not compatible. Come out of her my people. You think that he new Babylon is coming in the future but don't see that Christianity is the whore of Babylon. And Babylon is the continued world empires that work on he same principles. Just changing name and taking different shapes as different standards. Now we have all the roman symbolism like the golden eagle standard of Rome as the symbol of America. But don't even realize we are the new Rome, Babylon the great.

The world sees through the facade of Christianity. That it is a tool of the state. The exact opposite of the man who it claims to venerate as its God. Yet Christianity looks absolutely nothing like Jesus.

This display is meant to unveil the hypocrisy of American nationalist Christianity as a fraud and the used up whore who's about to be discarded (and is in he process of as she just can't seem to keep her numbers up).

Obviously I doubt that the people who are behind this statue believe the references to the book of revelation as I stated. That is my interpolation into these signs of the times.
edit on 26 7 2015 by zardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

So if I disagree with your religious beliefs, that makes it ok for me to vandalise things? Putting up a religious statue makes them criminals? Christ would soooo approve.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Yes YESSSSS

Soon the dark overlord will rise and devour this world!

Our secret atheistic plan to have the smelly and evil one retake this earthly realm will soon reach its climax!

More demonic statues and temples!

edit on 26-7-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

originally posted by: Cuervo

a reply to: threeeyesopen

I understand the moral majority is against the statue, my concern is how long will it take for a satanic temple to pop up in every city. Just think of all the taboos through out history that are now main stream.

Are you saying that we should stop a religious organization from opening congregations in the United States?

Sign me up! I am all for that one. Where is the line forming?

As far as I can tell the so called satanists have killed a few chickens(waaaay less than KFC) and maybe possibly killed a few people over the years. Compare that to how many people the organized religions of the world have killed and I would welcome a satanic church on every corner; lots less killing going on there.

Doubt those were Satanists. They were likely into either Voodoo or Santeria which are different things.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

a reply to: notmyrealname

Yes I know they have been prophesying the end for years also. The reason I referenced 40 years ago is because the church of that time seemed simpler fundraisers for orphans and missionaries.... Not the Mega Church of today where the fund raisers are to line the preacher pocket

And those megachurches are part of that majority I think. Some of the things they preach and the methods they use aren't out of any Gospel I recognize.

What you should understand is that every time they have the "devil" show up in film and cast him out and ask his name, he always says "My name is legion ..." or many or something like that. Well, what do you think means? There are many ways to worship him because he has all those names and all those guises. Father of Lies and all that. Sometimes, he's even in a church and goes by names we recognize.
edit on 26-7-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Freedom of Religion. All these Satanists are doing is pointing out the hypocrisy of those who claim they follow the teachings of Christ.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Who cares....people will vandalize it like they do other religious items....you have to admit...cool statue to take a picture with during Halloween...I wonder all the stories that will generate from people who touched it...I guess I'm looking at it more from a artistic standpoint and think it looks cool...to me it's more of a prop...

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Freedom of Religion. All these Satanists are doing is pointing out the hypocrisy of those who claim they follow the teachings of Christ.

Religious expression is an object of personal reverence. If the only point of putting up the statue is to make a political point, then it isn't a sincere object of religious expression. So how is it an expression of their freedom of religion?

Now if they sincerely want it up in order to show it reverence in accordance with their religious expression ... that's freedom of religion, but if the only reason they want it up is piss off other people ... is that religious expression? And if their religious tenant is to tick off others ... Hmmmm, how far should that be free to express? Where do their rights to provoke start infringing on the rights of others?

Not to mention, most of the displays of the 10 Commandments are private donations made to various governments which they were free to accept or not from those private individuals and institutions. These Satanists are free to offer their monument as a donation, and a city government is free to accept it or not. But legally speaking, there is no law that requires any city government or other government to accept any or every monument offered to them by a group or institution. If they were, then any group that wanted a monument put up in their honor could send it off and our public areas would be littered with giant statues of people like Donald Trump who simply wanted to be memorialized. I think ancient Rome had this problem.

edit on 26-7-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
In the United States we are supposed to have (freedom of beliefs)...Detroit putting up this statue is part of a group who believes a certain way.

I may not agree with their beliefs...but I understand they have the right to express themselves just like all the other spiritual people in society that differ from them.

I think going forward in the future we are going to see more and more of these very different spiritual beliefs being expressed in a very public way in many, many cities throughout the U.S.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

They do under the letter of the law, but I guess to me a genuine expression of your religion is something you do out of reverence for your beliefs and not because another group does something.

I don't feel the need to pray five times a day anywhere I happen to be because I see the Muslims doing it and getting away with it. My faith doesn't call for it, so I don't feel called to it. They do, and that's their freedom of religious expression to do so. If I started demanding "prayer breaks" five times a day, to point out the hypocrisy when my employer denies me because I'm not Muslim. That wouldn't be me fighting for Freedom of Religion. That would be me looking to make a point.

Is this any different?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
So this is the next level of the "war" against the Abrahamic religions, eh? This has been brewing for a very long time in the U.S. And it will not be the last, in your face, display by the participants in this "war". Honestly though, I can't say that I approve of this any more than I approve of "atheist mega-churches" only for the sake of rebelling against perceived state sanctioned Christianity. Their efforts should be focused on strengthening freedom of religion, and the separation of church and state. Not flipping-off the Christians. Although I suppose this could be seen as a public statement of freedom and separation, it reads more like "The enemy of my enemy, is my friend."

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join