It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypocrisy (of some) In the LGBT Community

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
As a Cowboys fan, I was excited we picked him up thinking maybe he was getting discounted because of his situation, but he must not have proven himself in practice, because the Cowboys had a pretty patchwork d-line last year, and he never even sniffed the field.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Unfortunately, OP, I'm going to have to call you on this one.

I never said I didn't find sexual attraction between two men uncomfortable. I am being completely honest when I say I want to treat my fellow human beings with fairness and respect. I don't wan't to live life with negativity in my thoughts or actions.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

All kidding aside, I understand your frustration. It's not enough to accept a societal issue.

Apparently you have to actively support it.

Or be called a -phobe of some sort.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I would be happy with just Respect and Dignity. if you don't want to be an activist or a Vocal supporter no one can make you.. but Respect and Dignity are not hard to ask for.. or i don't think so

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

I would be happy with just Respect and Dignity. if you don't want to be an activist or a Vocal supporter no one can make you.. but Respect and Dignity are not hard to ask for.. or i don't think so

Dignity isn't something given to you. You either have it, or you don't. That's all up to you.

Respect? For me, people have to earn respect for me to give it. People also have to GIVE respect if they wish to receive it.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Unfortunately, OP, I'm going to have to call you on this one.

I never said I didn't find sexual attraction between two men uncomfortable. I am being completely honest when I say I want to treat my fellow human beings with fairness and respect. I don't wan't to live life with negativity in my thoughts or actions.

Just pointing out that you can't understand something by removing or avoiding it as your other thread is boasting.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: EverydayInVA

You have to be pretty special to overcome a lack in body type and make it at that level. He would have done better to try to transition to linebacker, but I don't know what Dallas's linebacking core was like.

I'm not a big NFL person. I only skim the surface there.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Sex is sex.

I dont' have to experience sex with another woman in order to understand sex and the power it has, and if that's what your waiting for me to do, then you'll be waiting for a LONG time.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

You aren't going to be given respect for your sexual orientation, but for who you are as a person. It seems that some people think they are 'fabulous' because they are gay, but being gay is nothing to be proud of any more than being heterosexual should be something I am proud of...being a good person is what gives me satisfaction.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'm not sure why a person shouldn't have pride in their sexuality unless they see it as something to be shameful of, and that type of negative mindset is usually encouraged by religious types of people.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Dignity isn't something given to you. You either have it, or you don't. That's all up to you.

Respect? For me, people have to earn respect for me to give it. People also have to GIVE respect if they wish to receive it.

So someone has to respect you before you respect them, and then continue to impress you in an attempt to earn yours?

Hah I'd say that's ludicrous but I'd wager a good portion of people believe the same.

Guess that's why so few people respect each other.

edit on 24-7-2015 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You took it to sex not me.

If you looked at OPs other thread you would see him boasting about deleting an episode of House Hunters just because it featured a gay couple on it. I couldn't think of a more mundane and less sexy activity as House Hunting and could've been an example the OP was looking for to "understand" LGBTQ people without it involving any discussion of sex whatsoever. Especially seeing how OP has been adamant that sex is his biggest hang up about the LGBTQ community.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Well, i'm proud of being who i am, and i am Gay Genderfluid MAAB, so yeah i am proud of that, i'm proud of surviving for 23 years given the horrendous Childhood i had and being homeless between 18 and 20.. my Sexuality and Gender-Identity has been intertwined with my life and the situations i was put in, so i am Proud of being who i am.. i'm proud because i am not shamed of it

but i'll agree that i am not only my Sexuality and Gender-Identity, and i don't expect people to respect me 'Just' because i am Gay

But i must admit i am pretty Fabulous

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax

originally posted by: beezzer

So someone has to respect you before you respect them, and then continue to impress you in an attempt to earn yours?

Hah I'd say that's ludicrous but I'd wager a good portion of people believe the same.

Guess that's why so few people respect each other.

How much do you respect me?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I respect your willingness to speak your mind.

I don't always agree but who does.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

aren't people who call people bigoted, bigoted themselves?

Aren't the people who call people racist, racist themselves?

Aren't the people who are prejudice, prejudice themselves?

Aren't people who call people on their judgements, making a judgement themselves?

edit on 24-7-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax

I respect your willingness to speak your mind.

I don't always agree but who does.

cheers.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I cant stand to see 2 people of any color, persuasion or nationality making out in front of me period ! ..............get a room. And for those hypocrits that say its only OK when 2 hot women make out , you are part of the problem.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

No,

If someone says "White People are superior over Black People" and someone called them Racist.. how would it make that person Racist too?

where are you going with that?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I know most of the folks in the LGBT community are open-minded folks, but there seems to be some hypocrisy among some of them. I have seen the phrase 'we love who we love' posted by many of the LGBT community. I think this is likely a true statement. The problem I have is when some of these same folks wont let me and other 'feel how we feel'. The fact is I don't go out of my way to be put off by the idea of two people of the same sex together in a physical way. I just 'feel how I feel'.

I think I would just like to have the same respect for how I feel given to me as I am willing to give to those that 'love who they love'. I am not against the people that identify with the LGBT community and am fortunate to have several of these folks in my life as friends and acquaintances, but I think we can approach this whole thing from a position of mutual respect.

I would understand if someone who was gay found heterosexual activity uncomfortable so I would simply like this same respect given in return. That's it...mutual respect for my fellow humans and an understanding of real feelings and emotion goes both ways.

You have always been given that respect. I don't understand where it has been lost. Others, have fought for it and still do not receive it fully, even after it was found they were being discriminated against under the constitution.

Where do you find homosexual people going out of their way to point out that heterosexual behavior 'puts them off'? Or they 'won't let you feel how you feel'?
edit on 24-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join