It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypocrisy (of some) In the LGBT Community

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

I totally agree.

I'm a shy type person and my ex-girlfriend would be all over me in public. I don't like to draw attention to myself and she never understood that. It had nothing to do with the fact that I'm a lesbian, just don't like standing out. I don't much care to see it with other people, but I can adjust my surroundings so who cares, you know?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

*sigh*

One more time!

I sometimes want to draw a picture of a conservative black Mohammed, who just left the kitchen after telling his woman to make him a sammich, wearing a dress made from a confederate flag, slapping a progressive asian kitten with a spatula while eating bacon, from a wheelchair, while burning the American flag. For Jesus.

hehe

but where's obama? and donald trump's toupee? WHERE's the gun issue? you're slipping bunny man!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I'm a beezzer fan. This past few days you have won me over.

edit on 24-7-2015 by raedar because: double e's z's

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

And in all honestly, it won't be me or the legions of LGBT supporters that will change anybody's mind that matters.

It'll be people like you, conservatives who have long had issues, mostly because of a misunderstanding and not any real hatred or bigotry.

YOU will be part of the group of people that shows other conservatives that you don't need to freak out about this, we can have our cake and eat it too and we can all be happy.

So long as we respect each other. And that respect is a two way street. Societal changes tend to come at a faster rate, with less learning curve then there used to be.

We live in a generation of instant clicks and refresh and I want it NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW.

That's not the case for ANYBODY who wasn't born in the last generation and a half. And we need to realize that.

And expect people to act accordingly.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer apart from the death threats you possibly might receive in the current climate, what's stopping you?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
a reply to: ketsuko

Remember being a kid and seeing two people kiss and proclaiming, "Ewww, gross!"

Maybe you will grow up in your acceptance of gay love expressions as well.

G'luck!

Why, can we expect a massive change in our hormonal secretions again as we get older?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I sometimes want to draw a picture of an armed conservative black Mohammed, who just left the kitchen after telling his woman to make him a sammich, wearing a dress made from a confederate flag, slapping a progressive asian kitten with a spatula while eating bacon, from a wheelchair, while burning the American flag, and watching an adult movie starring Obama and Trumps toupee. For Jesus. And then posting it on Facebook.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: beezzer apart from the death threats you possibly might receive in the current climate, what's stopping you?

My crayon broke.

Nothing really. And we should all have that freedom to be as annoying and as offensive as we want to be. Sure, everyone else should have the freedom to insult and call out the annoying person, but the climate of "silence" and "polite liars" is quite rediculous.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

originally posted by: raedar
a reply to: ketsuko

Remember being a kid and seeing two people kiss and proclaiming, "Ewww, gross!"

Maybe you will grow up in your acceptance of gay love expressions as well.

G'luck!

Why, can we expect a massive change in our hormonal secretions again as we get older?

My response that you quoted was to someone who nearly assimilated homosexuality to pedophilia. I strongly disagree with that and responded accordingly.

For me personally as a human and as a gay person that does not like PDA gay or straight, it's not because I feel there is some sort of hypocrisy or agenda involved. I think it's the way I was raised and also just my own assortment and arrangement of personality characteristics.

I also don't sit around with my girlfriends and talk about my sex life, but I have learned that many women (that I know) do. It's not a big deal, I'm just more private with my private life.

Can't our feelings just be our feelings and we look at our own history and personality rather than some outside political force or agenda?

edit on 24-7-2015 by raedar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I sometimes want to draw a picture of an armed conservative black Mohammed, who just left the kitchen after telling his woman to make him a sammich, wearing a dress made from a confederate flag, slapping a progressive asian kitten with a spatula while eating bacon, from a wheelchair, while burning the American flag, and watching an adult movie starring Obama and Trumps toupee. For Jesus. And then posting it on Facebook.

hehehe oh gosh.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

No LBGT reference?

You are slipping beez!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

He's wearing a dress!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Oh true, guess it may be me that is slipping!

And for the record I agree you have every right to draw that.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Oh, no. Here we go. Not all cross dressers are gay. And no, those guys in the Highland Games aren't cross dressers.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Maybe he just felt pretty that day.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

What man doesn't enjoy tossing his caber

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Paint it, and i'll be your Model

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Paint it, and i'll be your Model

Only if you say, "Paint me like one of your French girls".

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I love French style and fashion, so "Paint me like one of your French Girls"

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Unfortunately, OP, I'm going to have to call you on this one.

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I also want to say that the 'gay' issue is a complicated and divisive one and one of the reasons I post on the topic is to try to increase my own understanding and acceptance of this issue. I think I try to be respectful, but it is easy to offend when a topic is one you don't fully understand in the first place.

But don't you have a thread on the go titled I Deleted a Gay TV Show? I think you would have gained better insight watching House Hunters than you would on a thread here. Partially because that couple isn't trying to prove anything to you. Instead what you would have seen is that a gay couple has many of the same wants, needs and desires in a home that a straight couple does. That is a step towards understanding.

This whole "I respect you but keep it indoors" is not respect at all; I wouldn't even call it tolerance. It is disgust. How will anyone learn to respect or appreciate the differences in people if we have to keep it hidden?

I am white but for my entire life I have lived in neighborhoods that are predominantly South and/or East Asian. My mom, despite living in these neighborhoods too, is one of those typical "I'm not racist but..." people and some of the things she says is really of the face palming variety. For example, she called me a couple of weeks ago complaining because she saw two "brown" families looking at the same for sale house and declared they were taking over the neighborhood. Why don't I have the same point of view as her? Simply put, I grew up with it. They were my classmates, my friends, my neighbors. The Fijian family next door (whose kids were my playmates) invited me out to light candles with them every year during Diwali.

The major difference between my mom and I is that she took an entirely passive approach while I was engaged. She expects everyone to prove to her why they aren't a stereotype while I discovered it for myself by participating.

It is no different when discussing the LGBTQ community. If we want mutual respect, we need mutual participation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join